World of Outlaws 2019

Sprint Cars got everything in before the rain came, late models only got 1 round of qualifying so lap 1 counts for Friday 2 for Saturday, sucks for the guy who crashed in a qualifying lap that didn't count. Big Blocks got Saturdays heats finished, but not friday so they are running those first tomorrow but not having a LCS, so not 100% sure how they set the field. Tomorrow and Saturday will be clear but cold.

I'd put those 2 as the favorites they looked way faster then everybody. In question though one team brought a sportsman driver making his first 410 start and he looked awful, is this really where you want to break them in?

I was surprised KKR only has the 49 here no 9, I don't know if McFadden had to be back in Australia again or if they decided to focus everything on getting Sweet the title.

Gravel wins, Schatz second, Sweet fifth. They'll go into the final race tomorrow night with Sweet two points ahead! They've run 71 races and now it's basically a Homestead Bowl for those two tomorrow.

Dog fight of a race
World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Dirt Track at Charlotte, November 8, 2019 | HIGHLIGHTS

Race was dropped from 30 laps to 25 due to track conditions, I think it will be racier tomorrow since no rain like last night. Also should help that I think Sprints run before late models tomorrow

Track looking good right now, in my uninformed opinion better then last night. Ready for some racing let's go Sweet and Deitrich.

Sweet will start third, Schatz eighth in the feature. Donny's going to have to say work for it.

What watching the races in all three classes has shown me is that I need to watch more DirtCar modifieds. Those guys do some fine racing. I was never exposed to it in person because I've spent very little time in the NE.

Sweet did it! 2019 champ, congrats to him and KKR. Schatz passed him early but Sweet got him back. Gravel wins, Sweet second, Schatz third.

If Gravel stays on the WoO circuit, that would be a heck of a three-way title fight next year. Great season in 2019.

Woohoo Great race! Terrified me when my posse guy spun out in front of Brad

What watching the races in all three classes has shown me is that I need to watch more DirtCar modifieds. Those guys do some fine racing. I was never exposed to it in person because I've spent very little time in the NE.

The Super DIRTcar Series is one of the best kept secrets in racing. Only people in Quebec, Ontario, NY, really know about it. They get huge crowds, the racing is awesome, and the normal length for a race is 100 laps. I believe the charlotte ones and volusia ones are shorter, but i've never seen one less than 100 laps outside of those 2 tracks.
I like SLM races... but 50 laps is gone in no time, and the action is often better with the BB modifieds.

Whew good race, nasty crash, hope he is ok. Good ending to the 2019 season.

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Sprint Cars The Dirt Track at Charlotte, Nov 9th, 2019 | HIGHLIGHTS

Race was dropped from 30 laps to 25 due to track conditions, I think it will be racier tomorrow since no rain like last night. Also should help that I think Sprints run before late models tomorrow
We sure didn't understand what the issue was with the track and why they cut it short by 5 laps. From our perspective the track looked fine.

We sure didn't understand what the issue was with the track and why they cut it short by 5 laps. From our perspective the track looked fine.
Yeah I'm not sure either, especially since they ran all the heats last night before taking the steamroller to that rut in turn 1.

Awesome to see somebody take the throne that Donny has (and will probably continue) for the first time in years.

Back
Top Bottom