World of Outlaws 2019

Discussion in 'Short Track Racing' started by AuzGrams, Nov 23, 2018.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Rapid City S.D. Black Hills Speedway

2. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Only 18 cars showed up for $20,000 to win. The result of another big 410 race in ND, plus major 410 shows in PA, CA, and so on. Not the among the better races of the year (hard charged passed three cars), but they all can't be classics. Onto Montana tomorrow.

AuzGrams likes this.
  3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

good race for 2nd

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Big Sky Speedway, August 24th, 2019

4. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

That was a good one tonight. Sweet looked faster than anyone but Gravel before the late caution, but there appeared to be long run / short run differences.

5. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

18 cars in Rapid City? Guess I need to look on the site. I'm surprised at that car count. Where was the ND race at, River Cities in Grand Forks?

6. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

NOSA 410s were running the same night as Rapid City. NOSA was running at River Cities, yes. They had 22 cars.
    One of the best regional 410 series around! Runs at Grand Forks pretty much every Friday and usually at a different track in ND, SD or MN on Saturdays.

7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Skagit Speedway, August 30th, 2019

8. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Hope the track widens out tonight. It was record-breaking fast last night but the cushion didn't move up enough for it to get racey. 19 cars for the two-day Skagit show is another low number. It seems like none of the CA teams came up for this NW swing, and most of the not-full timers are back running with the All-Stars and such. 19 cars can still put on a great show if they get the track prep right for tonight.

I'll be at Elma, WA on Monday and Lebanon, OR on Wednesday to see them.

AuzGrams likes this.
  9. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Good action tonight. They stated it was the biggest crowd ever for an Outlaws show at Skagit.

StandOnIt and AuzGrams like this.
  10. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I realize Reno-Fernley is the complete opposite side of a huge state in Nevada, but I wish they'd have put the Outlaws race a different weekend than NASCAR in Vegas.

Hopefully the WoO schedule works out to where IndyCar is the weekend before Elma / Lebanon again. I guess Lebanon figured out it's issues?

11. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

From what I see Terry McCarl was lucky to survive a bad crash last night

12. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

13. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Here at Grays Harbor Raceway in Elma, WA there is a big crowd of enthusiastic fans, a good racey track (I like this high banked 3/8 mile) and...17 sprint cars in the pits. That is disappointing, there is no other way to cut it. Makes me wish there were viable 410 sprint racing in this region. Now that Skagit in northern WA doesn't run 410s anymore, there really isn't. Jason Solwold is the only guy from the entire PNW region with the team who can come out and compete.

It will still be a good main event, but the preliminary portions of the program are lacking with that small of a field.

AuzGrams likes this.
  14. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Short field but good feature. Daryn Pittman wins for the first time since the opening nights this year in February after withstanding pressure from Carson Macedo, who had a good battle with Schatz for second, which Schatz ultimately won.

Grays Harbor is a fun track and I'd love to see them get more big races.

15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Grays Harbor Raceway, September 2nd, 2019

16. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

Well no worries there. Fernley already cancelled the WoO race. I guess they must have had too few advance tickets sell and felt they would lose money.

17. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I couldn't even find tickets for Fernley anywhere. Glad I decided not to go and went to LVMS instead, something seemed fishy here.

18. toledo47

toledo47 Team Owner

They were definitely selling them at some point. I had considered going out there and doing part of the NASCAR weekend and doing that WoO show. Decided against it anyway, but i had looked into the tickets before.
    Was really cool to see a big race happening in Nevada besides in Vegas. The only one I know of is the short course track near Sparks with the Lucas Oil Off Road series.

19. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

My 'seat' tonight.

[​IMG]

20. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Yeah I was pretty happy to see a big race (even sporting event for that matter) in Reno.

21. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

This was good stuff tonight in the main. Gravel chased Sweet for most of the race and looked to have a tick more speed at times. He got his chance and snuck around, but Sweet got him right back. It was thrilling to watch in person.

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Interesting as to why they switched out the motor in the car and the result
    David Gravel

gnomesayin likes this.
  23. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

In other news, I learned last night that the only two WoO races of the 2019 season with a reduced purse of $8,000 to win (standard purse is usually $10,000) and less throughout the field are Grays Harbor and Willamette. This helps make sense of why beyond all of the other logistical hurdles, only the full timers are bothering with these races and car counts have dwindled. I hugely appreciate that WoO promotes these races out in the hinterland of the PNW, but I don't like that the teams get squeezed given their increased travel costs.

LewTheShoe and AuzGrams like this.
  24. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Sprint Cars Silver Dollar Speedway, September 6th, 2019

25. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Silver Dollar Speedway, Sept. 7th, 2019

26. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Pittman has been much stronger of late. Sweet has eaten into Schatz's points lead in each of the last four races, and it is now down to single digits.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  27. clarkfn2284

clarkfn2284 Here to make you miserable.

Doing this while on his turf as well. Sweet has a chance to really dig into it on this west coast s

gnomesayin likes this.
  28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Good one
    World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Cars Placerville Speedway September 11th, 2019 |

29. clarkfn2284

clarkfn2284 Here to make you miserable.

Took my kid to P'ville last night. Really good racing. Track was ridiculous fast. Larson made it out before heading to Vegas. He started 18th in the Main and spun in 4 trying to get too much in the early laps. Ended up restarting near 20th and drive to 7th. Macedo was crazy fast, but made a single mistake and Shane took advantage. Shane is a wheel man and deserves a full time shot. On a side note Brad Sweet took over the points lead from Schatz. I told him to keep it because nobody wants Donny to win, lol.

kkfan91 and gnomesayin like this.
  30. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Capital investment ...............

31. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Tonight was a heartbreaker for Jacob Allen. About to win his first WoO feature, and pulls off with a blown engine with two laps to go. Cruel twist of fate, and his teammate Schuchart wins again instead. Some good battling between Schuchart, Gravel, and Schatz at different points. Schatz reclaimed the points lead with a second place finish. Sweet finished 10th.

StandOnIt likes this.
  32. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

It is almost unbelievable how far this team and driver(s) have come since starting out in sprint cars. Good to see hard work and dedication paying off. Hope they keep it up.

gnomesayin likes this.
  33. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

34. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Top three in points with (I believe) 16 races to go:

1 15 Donny Schatz 8192 0 8 39 55
    2 49 Brad Sweet 8182 -10 14 39 53
    3 41 David Gravel 8076 -116 8 36 49

LewTheShoe and AuzGrams like this.
  35. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200