World of Outlaws 2020

Not a good weather day for WoO. The sprint cars were rained out at Wayne County, and the late models were rained out midway through the program at Kokomo.

Dammit. Heat races were almost done, and then the skies opened up. Another difficult night for the teams to haul in and then not finish the program.

I-55 was good and racey tonight.

1. Haudenshchild
2. Sweet
3. Abreu
4. Schuchart
5. Schatz
6. Larson

To say that Larson won from the pole tonight would be true, but wouldn't begin to tell the whole story. He won a thriller with multiple lead changes and comers and goers all over the place throughout. At different points it looked like it was Jacob Allen's race to lose, then Shane Stewart, then Rico looked like the fastest car, then late Sheldon Haudencshild was running Larson down. But Larson holds on. Great event.

JJR knows how to bust out the special paint schemes for Knoxville. That thing is fine.

Larson wins night #1, after a major development with Sweet and Schatz being involved in the same crash when Cory Eliason spun in front of them. Schuchart led most of the race and finished second, Reutzel third, Gravel fourth, Macedo fifth. The incident involving Sweet and Schatz will tighten the series points standings further and put them behind in the weekend's points-based qualifying format for Saturday's big race.

Fantastic night at the track. Took way, way too long to run a 70 car show. I hope someone has put together an excel spreadsheet to tally points and they retire the abacus they used last night. Great run for Macedo from 24th to 4th I believe .

David Gravel barely holds on tonight over a charging Larson. Sweet finishes third. Tomorrow is the $50,000 to win.

Current event point totals headed in to tomorrow night. The top 4 are locked in to tomorrow's dash. Everyone else will be running qualifying races to make the main event.

Schatz had to take a provisional tonight and is not in very good position.

Tonight's main event is coming up next. Larson is starting on the pole, which may not leave a lot of suspense. Anything can happen though.

Donny Schatz changed an engine and started at the rear of the C-Main and advanced, started at the rear of the B-Main and got the last transfer position and now starts last in the feature.

Dominating performance by Kyle and the whole 57 team tonight at Knoxville. Without Larson in the field, that was a barn burner of a race if you didn't watch the 57 annihilate the field. You could see the blood on the water as he set his sights on lapping the 15, who was running 12th at the time. Amazing run by Schatz thru the alphabet.

Anyone have a feel if the World Finals in Charlotte will occur in November? We go every year, already have tickets. That post showing Larson in a late model got me pumped that he might run both at the Finals...heck, why not put him in a modified too!

Anyone have a feel if the World Finals in Charlotte will occur in November? We go every year, already have tickets. That post showing Larson in a late model got me pumped that he might run both at the Finals...heck, why not put him in a modified too!
I mean it was on the schedule that was released a few weeks back, what the fan situation would be is harder to say I haven't seen anything about that

Not good
Screenshot_20200819-203650_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200819-203650_Facebook.jpg

A videographer at Knoxville came down with it as well, hope the Outlaws get it back under control.

The Outlaws restarted their season with strict protocols in place, much more so than most other short track racing series. They had become gradually more lax.

The quality of the racing in the top two winged 410 series this year is the best I've ever seen, bar none.

I think the money and exposure in sprint cars right now is attracting so much top talent. It’s really been NASCAR’s big calling card since the 90s, whatever your thoughts on stock car racing, the amount of talent in NASCAR is nuts.

I’m now glad to see this form of racing doing this now. You’re seeing a high level of talent WITH a high level of equipment and it’s leading to some serious major league results

I think the money and exposure in sprint cars right now is attracting so much top talent. It’s really been NASCAR’s big calling card since the 90s, whatever your thoughts on stock car racing, the amount of talent in NASCAR is nuts.

I’m now glad to see this form of racing doing this now. You’re seeing a high level of talent WITH a high level of equipment and it’s leading to some serious major league results
The competition is good. They have a wad that run up front and any little mistake is taken advantage of by one of the others. It's a blast to watch. The dirt can play a role with bumps or jumping the cushion, or lappers mixing things up.

Larson just put on another show for the ages. He lost the lead to Logan Schuchart on lap 36 of 40 after leading the whole way, with Schuchart accidentally tagging him in traffic and nearly spinning him. Then Larson somehow charged back and took it back in the final corner. Amazing finish.

i think if he wants to go back to nascar,the woo drivers would sponsor him just to get rid of him:whoopee:that a great race again.

It is also remarkable that Brad Sweet got caught up in an accident through no fault of his own on lap 12, had to go to the work area to repair damage, restarted at the back, and drove all the way back to a 5th place finish. Major salvage of what could have been another bad night.

Last lap Larson was incredible in one and two and then the turn under in turn four to win it. You just never see that stuff all rolled up into one driver.

Larson again. This time it was Sweet who got by him for the lead, and Sweet looked like he was better, but Larson figured out a way back around him.

larson was making some crazy moves on the in side of the lappers,great race

Back
Top Bottom