World of Outlaws 2020

This a bummer given how much has gone into reviving this facility. There seem to be fewer and fewer states where they will be able to finish this year's season in.

Great drive for Sheldon Haudencshild, who lost the lead and a full straightaway to Brad Sweet after a bobble, then clawed back all under green to steal the victory in the final corner. What a finish.

Does Kasey Kahne not run with the WOO guys? I bought dirtvision this month, and haven't seen him run any.

Does Kasey Kahne not run with the WOO guys? I bought dirtvision this month, and haven't seen him run any.

James McFadden was finally able to get back to the States from Australia, and has been in the #9 car the last several weeks. Kahne ran a lot of shows earlier this year, but hasn't since McFadden has been back. McFadden does perform better overall. The #9 doesn't run full-time with the Outlaws and they split time between different series. He's been running with the All Stars this weekend.

Unfortunately the race started out great, but has turned into the worst WoO feature of the year in a tremendous season. Rubber down track conditions are shredding nearly everyone's RR tire, leading to a constant stream of cautions and crashes. But not leader Larson's yet. Sheldon Haudencshild blew past him and led most of the way, and was one of the first to lose a tire. He's somehow back near the front again after at least a dozen others lost tires.

By managing his tires the best, Larson suffers the worst fate by losing his RR last. Literally every car on the lead lap had a flat at some point. A real clusterf**k tonight due to track conditions, but it's cool that Sheldon was the fastest car and managed to make that comeback to win. Second place finisher Carson Macedo said he drove hard to blow his purposely once he realized almost everyone was going to. Third place finisher Daryn Pittman said he was about a lap away from blowing for a second time.

Hopefully if they are running the 360 support class tomorrow, they can run it after and not before the WoO main event.

Sheldon was a few laps away from shredding a second right rear, his left rear, and both fronts were trash at the end of the race. He will spend over 1/10th of the 10K he won just for rubber tonight. The pits look like a Hoosier graveyard. Honestly, as ****** as the race was, we had a great time. Tons of campers in the campground, there was even a large group watching on Dirtvision, while camping a stones throw away from the track! Guess that's one way that you get the social part of racing and still distance yourself if you didn't want to sit in the stands. I'd rate the atmosphere/event as an A, and the racing as a C-, mostly because with all the issues, they didn't tear up much equipment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 161
They are running the WoO main as the first feature tonight, thank God. Track looks like it still has moisture in it and won't be a repeat of last night. Cars will be pushing off shortly.

Larson back in victory lane again, for the 10th time this year with the Outlaws. Good race, Larson looked off a step early but came on late. James McFadden has a great run finishing second in the Kahne #9.

That track races narrow and is not the best, and they need to ditch the orange cones that caused three cautions. But it is fantastic to see Jacob Allen get his first victory after coming close several times previously. He's worked very hard to get better and gave a great humble speech in victory lane.

if there was a bone head on here.it would be who ever thought that the orange poles were a good idea.so cool the see allen win.

gnome, did your dirtvision go out for the last few laps tonight? Mine didn't work for the last 5 laps or so, didn't see the ending.

gnome, did your dirtvision go out for the last few laps tonight? Mine didn't work for the last 5 laps or so, didn't see the ending.

I'm in a rural area tonight without fast enough internet to keep up with the livestream, so I'm waiting to watch all of tonight's racing via replays once they are available. Sounds like it was a widespread issue. That's unfortunate.

This weekend in Oklahoma and Texas will be Pittman's last races in the Roth #83. Starting next week at Eldora, Spencer Bayston takes over, and PIttman is putting another ride together to finish the season.

Logan Schuchart passes Haudenschild and Gravel to take the win tonight for $20,000 at Devil's Bowl in TX. The points race tightens further between Schuchart and Sweet, it's in single digits. The #41 is right there in team points, I believe that is a three-way race with a single-digits points margin.

In sprint car racing, cautions are more likely to ruin a late race battle, which is what happened here.

I liked the way tonight's track raced at Plymouth Speedway. It seemed tricky and rewarded those who went the right direction with the setup. Donny Schatz wins with Brad Sweet second, James McFadden third in the second Kahne car, Jacob Allen in fourth, and Tyler Courtney with what I believe is his first WoO top five.

Sheldon Haudencshild took the lead from Gio Scelzi on lap 20 and then broke a shock, ending his night. That was a shame, he probably had the best car. Good night of racing. Two more races this weekend for the Outlaws, 11 scheduled races left overall.

Haudencshild was again the class of the field tonight, and this time took the victory without problem at his home track of Wayne County Speedway. Shane Stewart was second, Brad Sweet third. Sweet extends his points lead over Schuchart, who was not strong tonight.

I would call Haudencshild a legit title contender starting next year. The only thing they are lacking is more consistency, which he'll continue to build. Their speed is second to none right now (I mean except Larson).

I still think Sweet is the title favorite they are just consistent

I still think Sweet is the title favorite they are just consistent

It's looking that way. Schuchart is off lately but could be better in PA tonight. Schatz is getting stronger but is too far back unless something goes wrong for Sweet more than once. It's his to lose, they have been solid.

It's looking that way. Schuchart is off lately but could be better in PA tonight. Schatz is getting stronger but is too far back unless something goes wrong for Sweet more than once. It's his to lose, they have been solid.
Yeah I think if they keep it up they won't have to worry quite as much at the finals as last year. Though Schuchart goes on streaks at times so we'll see.

$75.000 to win tonite,there there 54 cars last nite.tonite is going to be crazy.

Back
Top Bottom