World of Outlaws 2024

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
FB_IMG_1701388681175.jpg

Port Royal fell on the other side of the split, so looks like Selinsgrove replaces them in PA. Outlaws haven't been there in over 30 years...actually kind of surprising cause I think Selinsgrove is more than a half mile.

As usual, they don't come anywhere in the South, except Florida and Charlotte at the end of the season. They had been at Magnolia and Talladega Short Track the last couple of years. I think TST is going with High Limit.

As usual, they don't come anywhere in the South, except Florida and Charlotte at the end of the season. They had been at Magnolia and Talladega Short Track the last couple of years. I think TST is going with High Limit.
Guys travel to those races. There isn't a base of anyone running higher than 360s in the south so you don't get guys running against them.

Bill Balog sees opportunities and has joined the Outlaws for 2024

Huh that one kind of surprises me, but at the moment with the number of full time Outlaw teams there probably more money left there.

World of Outlaws and some of their promoters, does a lot better job to me of treating their fans and customers and whatever else you want to call some of us than High Limit at times.

Just my .02 regarding this WoO/High Limit thing.

Balog as a full time driver makes sense.

The Outlaw field is pretty decent considering I think some of the High Limit drivers are still gonna be running Huset’s High Bank Nationals, Kings Royal, Ironman 55 (maybe), Williams Grove Summer Nationals/National Open, Knoxville Nationals for sure.

OK schedule. Glad they kept some west coast races.

I think it’s OK for tracks like Volusia (6 races), Knoxville (8 races), Huset’s (6 races) getting a 2nd & 3rd weekend of races, but I think they would be better served having the Friday night portion moved to say Georgia in March & Iowa in April, South Dakota in August.

Little bit less saturation and variety would help the WoO schedule IMO.

I wondered if Kinser and the 70 would run a full year. That's a good ride that had some decent showings last year with IRA and the All Stars with a rotating cast (I think Scotty Thiel was in there too). That makes 30 full time national touring cars this year in sprint car racing between both series. Have there ever been 30 full time national touring wing cars before?

That’s great seeing Kraig with the Outlaws full time. Both WoO & High Limit Racing have quality fields.

I like that we'll still get crossovers. That's what makes the majors in golf so intriguing right now is that it is the only events where LIV/PGA stars compete against each other. Hopefully these series act peacefully towards each other

That was quite a race tonight. Sunshine steals it from Rico in the final corner. A lot of comers and goers on a highly technical and tempermental track.

Woohoo, was able to get up for the Thursday night show. That track is sooooo freakin fast. Gravel pretty much ate em up and spit em out. It was his night for sure.
One of the cool things about Volusia is you get a free pit pass upgrade. I spend a lot of time there watching all the action.
I wasn't aware of Bill Rose's sponsor. Here is a pic I snared off FB, it's better than the one I took. Interesting
426153748_901452448650849_1872926660451664530_n.jpg

I know WRG operates Volusia and given the time of year this is a "sensible" solution to finding a place to race for the Outlaws, but it feels very superfluous, Bike Week tie-in or not. Like if NASCAR was all "Hey, look, we're racing at Daytona again!" a month after the Daytona 500. That said, it's sprint car racing, it's on in my house, I'm watching.

These guys are in town next Saturday and I’m thinking about going. Never a big fan of going to the races this early in the year as the weather can get kinda chilly at night. Also, tickets are a bit pricey. I don’t know any of the drivers, so it’ll be hard to justify paying the price when I’m not sure I’ll notice a difference between this and the local guys. Hmm, decisions decisions.

These guys are in town next Saturday and I’m thinking about going. Never a big fan of going to the races this early in the year as the weather can get kinda chilly at night. Also, tickets are a bit pricey. I don’t know any of the drivers, so it’ll be hard to justify paying the price when I’m not sure I’ll notice a difference between this and the local guys. Hmm, decisions decisions.
You'll see a difference 410 sprints will beat any local show anywhere.

There are about 12 full time drivers running for the WOO championship this year. Maybe you could research a bit about some of the drivers and you might find yourself favoring a couple. This would definitely make the evening a bit more enjoyable. The field is pretty diverse with some old school experience and new guys in the mix...you even got one from the North Pole racing the full season.
Here's a link to a short bio of some of the drivers.

https://worldofoutlaws.com/sprintcars/drivers/

I always enjoy getting a pit pass at the WOO shows.
Hope you get good weather and can enjoy the evening.

The entire region is hunkering down hoping there aren't widespread tornadoes. Unfortunate, I'm not sure tomorrow is going to be any better.

Back
Top Bottom