WWE

Tennessee Racing

Formerly Stewart Fan
I know we have two or three people on here who watch/used to watch wrestling. For me I've kinda grown out of it since my teenage years but I still watch sometimes. Anyone have any thoughts about the upcoming Wrestlemania? I have zero desire to see Rock VS Cena 2. Of course the same can be said for every Cena match ever.

I stopped watching just before Benoit did what he did. Cena and Mysterio Jr were the two biggest factors in me not watching anymore. Every once in a while I'll turn on Raw, but it only lasts a minute or two.

I watch with my son, I'm a former fan, and now its his turn. Something we do together.

As for the 'Mania card....
Confirmed

WWE Championship – The Rock (champion) vs. John Cena....as you said, I just don't care. Absolutely ridiculous The Rock is even champion. Put it on guys that deserve it. Winner - John Cena

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker - This will definitely be one of the top 2 matches of the night. WWE really dropped the ball. From October until Punk dropped the title to The Rock, they kept spouting off about Punk's year long streak as champion. They should have kept Punk as champ and then it could have been "streak vs streak". Winner - The Undertaker

World Heavyweight Championship – Alberto Del Rio (champion) vs. Jack Swagger...I just can't get into the Del Rio character, just too boring. And after Swagger mucked up and got arrested in the midst of his main event push, I just don't see WWE giving him the belt just for that reason alone. Winner - Del Rio

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar...should be a good match. There match as Summer Slam was pretty entertaining. Winner - Triple H

Assumed

The Shield vs. Sheamus, Randy Orton & The Big Show...meh. They need to add some kind of gimmick to this match to make it interesting. Winner - Sheamus, Orton, Big Show. (I could also see a swerve with Show turning on his team and joining The Shield.)

Mark Henry vs. Ryback...another who cares match. Winner - Ryback

Intercontinental Championship – Wade Barrett (champion) vs. The Miz....two very good in ring talents. I don't think this will be a disappointing match. Winner - The Miz

United States Championship – Antonio Cesaro (champion) vs. Sin Cara...Sin Cara just isn't getting over like Mysterio is as WWE thought. No way he gets a belt. Winner - Antonio Cesaro

Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho...two of the best in ring talents in WWE. This will be the match of the night in my opinion. I hope they just let it be a clean win without help from Langston or AJ. Winner - Dolph Ziggler

WWE Tag Team Championships – Team Hell No vs. The Prime Time Players...who cares. Winner - Primetime Players after a Kane/Bryan fallout and Team Hell No are no more.

Obligatory Divas Championship match - zzzzzzz Winner - The fans, when the match is over.

I use to watch in the late 90's religiously, but after 2003 I kind of grew out of watching it. I recently seen a list of all the guys that have died the past 10 years, its a huge list and its kind of sad knowing half the guys I grew up watching are dead now.

I turn it by for a couple minutes on monday nights every so often to see who's relavent. The Rock I know has returned. A friend of mine tried to get me to watch smaller promotions a couple years ago TNA and ROH I think they were, but neither of those or the Wwe sparked my interestead like wrestling did in the late 90's.

WWE Championship – The Rock (champion) vs. John Cena....as you said, I just don't care. Absolutely ridiculous The Rock is even champion. Put it on guys that deserve it. Winner - John Cena

I hate Cena with the heat of 1000 suns. It's my opinion that he's to blame for what the WWE has become.

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker - This will definitely be one of the top 2 matches of the night. WWE really dropped the ball. From October until Punk dropped the title to The Rock, they kept spouting off about Punk's year long streak as champion. They should have kept Punk as champ and then it could have been "streak vs streak". Winner - The Undertaker

I'm a big fan of CM Punk but he just isn't that much of a draw. When he was WWE Champion the ratings hit an all time low. Now granted there were many other things that hurt the ratings while he was champion.

World Heavyweight Championship – Alberto Del Rio (champion) vs. Jack Swagger...I just can't get into the Del Rio character, just too boring. And after Swagger mucked up and got arrested in the midst of his main event push, I just don't see WWE giving him the belt just for that reason alone. Winner - Del Rio

I honestly couldn't care less about either of them.

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar...should be a good match. There match as Summer Slam was pretty entertaining. Winner - Triple H

We all know in a real fight Lesnar would crush Triple H but Hunter is the soon to be boss so....

I hate Cena with the heat of 1000 suns. It's my opinion that he's to blame for what the WWE has become.

This!

I use to watch in the late 90's religiously, but after 2003 I kind of grew out of watching it. I recently seen a list of all the guys that have died the past 10 years, its a huge list and its kind of sad knowing half the guys I grew up watching are dead now.

Even in the last 5-6 years has been crazy. I watched the first part of "Wrestling With Shadows" recenlty, and there was an interview with the Hart Foundation. Half of the group that was in the interview is now dead.

Big fan, but ill admit it's not as good as it was back a few years ago, my time was the 90's I'm sorta looking forward to Wrestlemania, I just hope Ziggler cahses in and becomes champion as he's my favorite right now followed by CM Punk. Not looking forward to Cena vs Rock 2, rather it be Cena vs Punk as they always put on a great match

540136_10151382101484437_2009862120_n.jpg

For once I kinda want him to win, can't stand they gave Rock the title just because he's The Rock, if wrestling isn't the number 1 thing on his list then he shouldn't even be champion, Cena like him or not at least puts wrestling first.

That being said I hope Cena isn't champion too long.

They made Rock champion because he's a movie star and it makes people talk. Unless you watch wrestling you likely don't know who CM Punk or John Cena are.

I could never understand what people find entertaining about fake wrestling.

I could never understand what people find entertaing about posting on threads that don't interest them. :D

It's a male soap opera. We know it's fake. They don't claim it's real. It's just like watching any other show on TV.

They made Rock champion because he's a movie star and it makes people talk. Unless you watch wrestling you likely don't know who CM Punk or John Cena are.

I got friends who don't watch and know who John Cena are, Cena's a big star and tons of people know who he is. Punk I'll give you that one, still doesn't make it right, people know who Big Ben is, does that mean he should be WWE Champion?

I got friends who don't watch and know who John Cena are, Cena's a big star and tons of people know who he is. Punk I'll give you that one, still doesn't make it right, people know who Big Ben is, does that mean he should be WWE Champion?

All Vince cares about is $. If Hulk Hogan could still wrestle and wanted to come back Vince would make him champion if he thought he could make money off him.

Remember WCW did make David Arquette World Champion:lol2:

All Vince cares about is $. If Hulk Hogan could still wrestle and wanted to come back Vince would make him champion if he thought he could make money off him.

Remember WCW did make David Arquette World Champion:lol2:

Greatest Choice ever by WCW right there

Yeah I remember watching that(not sure why I was watching) being in shock anyone could be so stupid. I think they knew they were going out of business so they just said screw it.

I tried to support WCW to the day it died, being from the South and from Ga it was kind of a law lol, at least as a wrestling fan anyway. But honestly I think Vince Russo was just an idiot, he was good when with the WWF/E cause of the fact Vince was there to tell him no for his dumb ideas, no one did that in WCW.

The WWE Champion(if you can remember who that is) is apparently in London today for a movie premier. Now, I like the Rock and all but this is what three weeks in a row he's missed Raw? I know why the WWE made him champion I just don't know why Rock agreed to be champion. Wrestling clearly isn't at the top of his priorities list.

It pisses me off only because it kind of makes Punk's long title reign seem irrelevant.

It pisses me off only because it kind of makes Punk's long title reign seem irrelevant.

His reign was irrelevant before Rock even came back this last time. It wasn't his fault though because he was never allowed to main event unless it was with Cena. They choose Cena VS freaking John Laurinaitis over Punk.

Did anyone watch Raw? I watched parts of it and my god was it bad. Undertaker looks and moves like he's pushing 80 years old. Pointless matches, lame promos(looking at you cena) and just zero energy. Only Punk was entertaining tonight.

It sucked, but it did do a good job of setting up what the undercard is going to look like at 'Mania.

I gave up on Raw a long time ago. Every once in a while, if there's nothing else, I'll turn in to see the opening segment.

Did you guys know the WWE has a couple movies out? I mean, it's not like they try and shove them down your throat before and after every commercial break:rolleyes:

If you believe internet reports Vince wants his shows to be even more kid friendly. They are looking to hire someone who has experience in childhood programming to provide a "family friendly environment" :rolleyes:

Good topic as I am a wrestling fanatic! Lol

As far as Rock/Cena 2 goes I am a HUGE Rock fan but could not care less about this one. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows that Cena is going over in the match. Unlike most Internet wrestling fans I really have no problem with the belt being on Rock through Wrestlemania season as Vince always does something to attract "Hollywood" and "main stream media" during this time of year...I would much rather have the belt on Rock than have to watch Donald Trump or Snooki weekly. At least he is a legend in the business and gives a lot back to it and not some outsider that doesn't have a clue.

As far as the rest of the card goes....

Taker/Punk should be good, but Taker will (and should) go over in this one..if HBK or HHH didn't end the steak, no one will.

HHH/Lesnar I think will be very good...I enjoyed their first match and this one should be brutal. A lot of emotion will be added with HHH's career on the line. I anticipate HHH winning leading to a third (rubber) match between the two.

Del Rio/Swagger - the only thing that has made this decent is the phenomenal mic work by Dutch (Zeb Colture) Del Rio wins and the feud continues.

The Shield vs. Orton/Sheamus/Big Show - this one could steal the show. Te Shield guys bring it in big match situations and I think ye will shine on the biggest stage in wrestling....Orton/Sheamus/Big Show are all decent workers and I think the Shield goes over...

The Shield vs. Orton/Sheamus/Big Show - this one could steal the show. Te Shield guys bring it in big match situations and I think ye will shine on the biggest stage in wrestling....Orton/Sheamus/Big Show are all decent workers and I think the Shield goes over...

I see Orton turning on Sheamus. Randy has been trying a little too hard to be a good guy. Plus, he's said before he hates being face.

I see Orton turning on Sheamus. Randy has been trying a little too hard to be a good guy. Plus, he's said before he hates being face.

Yeah I could see this too...heck I am actually hoping for it! I prefer Orton much more as a heel.

Since HHH has taken more control in the company NXT has became a true breeding ground for future talent....he is big into the Indy guys and building young stars...

Since HHH has taken more control in the company NXT has became a true breeding ground for future talent....he is big into the Indy guys and building young stars...

Natalya and Kaitlyn had a match last week and it was really solid. It went around 10 minutes and was a good back and fourth match up.

Cena wins
HHH wins
Undertaker wins
The Shield wins(after a heel turn from Orton or MAYBE Sheamus)

Just my bets for tonight's Wrestlemania.

WWE Champion The Rock vs. John Cena

Winner: John Cena (Rock then hibernates until next Royal Rumble)

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Winner: The Undertaker's streak remains intact.

Triple H (w HBK) vs. Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred Match; If Lesnar wins, Triple H must retire)

Winner: Brock Lesnar (via HBK costing HHH the win.)

World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

Winner: Jack Swagger (Dolph then cashes in MITB briefcase to become new Champ)

Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show vs. The Shield

Winner: The Shield (after a Randy Orton heel turn)

Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett vs. The Miz

Winner: The Miz

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Winner: Ryback

WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston

Winner: Team Hell No

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

Winner: Fandango (a loss would instantly destroy the build up he has been given.)

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins

Winner: Team Rhodes Scholars

Back
Top Bottom