WWE

It's farrrrr from just a catch phrase. I've not seen anything like this since I starting watching in '87ish.

This had become a weekly thing...

Of course last nights opening...

Hell, the fans are pretty much responsible for Vince rehiring Bryan in 2010 after he was fired.

Very saddened by this. All the turmoil he went through the last 20 years by the WWE and wrestling community, he finally gets accepted back into the family, then poof. Gone.

Wow, one of my favorites growing up.

RIP Warrior, you were indeed the ultilmate warrior.

One of the saddest moments in WWE history! It's scary, but he appeared to be telling a story during his speeches. Whether it was a suicide or something else is unknown, but he just didn't appear to have a medical condition that would cause him to suddenly pass the next day. I wonder...did he ask to appear on Raw or did the WWE come to him?

Someone on Facebook said that TMZ reported that he collapsed while walking to his car. I'm not sure how true that is though. Unless we are just looking too much into his speeches.

The movie The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei was a movie, yes, but it was a startlingly realistic look at the kind of things these guys put their bodies through over years and years. We've seen many real life examples of these guys just wearing out. I have no idea if this guy killed himself or not, but either way it's unfortunately too predictable either way.

Reports are he clutched his chest before he went down.

From TMZ:
"officials believe Warrior suffered a “catastrophic medical event” and so far, we’re told there is no evidence to show drugs or alcohol were a factor in his death. All signs point to massive heart attack."

The movie The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei was a movie, yes, but it was a startlingly realistic look at the kind of things these guys put their bodies through over years and years. We've seen many real life examples of these guys just wearing out. I have no idea if this guy killed himself or not, but either way it's unfortunately too predictable either way.

It used to be a lot worse than it is. Guys used to wrestle with concussions all the time. Not to mention there was no drug policy back in the day. Not saying there isn't drugs in the WWE not because I'm certain there are. I mean can anyone honestly say this guy got this look naturally?

ryback.jpg

Vince just recently had his net worth pass the billion dollar mark, and he still doesn't provide ANY health insurance to these guys and girls.

It used to be a lot worse than it is. Guys used to wrestle with concussions all the time. Not to mention there was no drug policy back in the day. Not saying there isn't drugs in the WWE not because I'm certain there are. I mean can anyone honestly say this guy got this look naturally?

ryback.jpg

Vince just recently had his net worth pass the billion dollar mark, and he still doesn't provide ANY health insurance to these guys and girls.
That could be natural, but it is very doubtful that it is. He has undoubtedly used many supplements, some of which are probably not legal in most actual sports, to achieve this kind of look.

He probably won't provide any health insurance as long as there is no need for him to do so. The NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and the like have been able to bargain for those things through their unions. Most NCAA athletes have little to no health insurance because they don't yet have a union and the NCAA is making tons of money off of their backs just like Vince is making off of these guys and girls. The NCAA doesn't care any more about the ones they love to call "student-athletes" any more than McMahon cares about his flunkies.

Reports are he clutched his chest before he went down.

From TMZ:
"officials believe Warrior suffered a “catastrophic medical event” and so far, we’re told there is no evidence to show drugs or alcohol were a factor in his death. All signs point to massive heart attack."

That is sad, kind of wish they had not mentioned this and let people believe he died suddenly without much pain.

Sadly I never got to see Warrior in his prime. I started watching wrestling in 1997 and by then he was long gone from Wwe. I vaguely remember him in Wcw wrestle Hulk Hogan. I knew he was a big deal at the time, but I didn't know much else about him. A few years later I watched some older matches and was able to appreciate who he was. I may have stopped watching wrestling regularly about 6 years ago but these deaths still shock and sadden me. These guys were part of my childhood growing up, and seeing the extensive list of guys who have died in the past 15-20 years is really sad. While many people consider what they do as staged or planned entertainment they still put there health and well being on the line. I read a few books written by wrestlers in the past and it seemed that nearly every guy in the 80's and 90's were using steroids. Also many of them lived the lives of rock stars. They perform for thousands of people and then party it up divulging in excessive amounts of alcohol, pain killers and other substances, knowing that now it shouldn't really shock me to read these stories of these guys dying way to young. But as I said these guys were part of my childhood growing up, and it's still sad to see so many of them pass away, while others are struggling just to survive now.

Some could say that the WWE is struggling with Vince's latest downfall, but they'll still a ways away from TNA. Speaking on TNA, it appears they are following the WWE again. You typically find the exact same thing going on on both shows. TNA is trying to compare Eric Young to Daniel Bryan. TNA has the upper hand on that issue considering the fact that Bryan is out with an injury

Eh, the latest "downfall" is kinda misleading though. Vince put millions of dollars into this whole WWE Network thing. Thats where a lot of the huge loss went. He isn't going to recoup all that loss in one year.

Back
Top Bottom