Xfinity 2017 Thread

Think he'd be a fit with RCR really if he could find some sponsorship. No room at JGR as KBM keeps pushing them up and the Cup guys can pretty much fill the rest the non dash races in the other two. If he doesn't get a ride he'll probably do more of the same he did this year.

oh yeah no argument there, but he doesn't want to drive a slower car..like Almirola did for years..that's his choice.

oh yeah no argument there, but he doesn't want to drive a slower car..like Almirola did for years..that's his choice.

Smart choice as well. I don't blame him and I think he's proven what he can do but with the way Xfinity limits Cup drivers theres no room.

the press made it sound like Preese came out of the modified's from nowhere to me. But he wasn't that, he wasn't even a rookie, he had 36 races in Xfinity and 5 cup starts before he ran a Gibbs mobile.

Top 15 2nd practice at Phoenix. the usual suspects up at the top plus Bowman
upload_2017-11-10_16-36-57.png

So many rookies doing well, Byron, Bell isn't even a rookie yet, Custer has a whole first year car and team, first yearHemeric doing well, rookie Tifft just outside the cutoff.

Smart choice as well. I don't blame him and I think he's proven what he can do but with the way Xfinity limits Cup drivers theres no room.

I disagree. You don't make squat driving a modified. Driving a second class car in Xfinity pays a heck of a lot more and you are around people who can advance your career.

I disagree. You don't make squat driving a modified. Driving a second class car in Xfinity pays a heck of a lot more and you are around people who can advance your career.

No argument there but the guy has done that before and has seemed to learn from his experience. Don't think it's all about money for him and more about having an opportunity to win. Might not make sqat but that modified win probably feels better than placing 25th in an Xfinity race every week.

Top 20 qualifiers at Phoenix, Jones boy on pole. Byron -5 lines up second.

upload_2017-11-11_13-0-7.png

Playoff drivers points
upload_2017-11-11_13-4-24.png

upload_2017-11-13_14-56-11.jpeg

William Byron won Saturday's Ticket Galaxy 200 to advance to the Championship 4 race in the NASCAR XFINITY Series.

Behind him, JR Motorsports teammates Justin Allgaier and Elliott Sadler also qualified for the title race with finishes of 10th and 18th respectively. The JRM trio will join Daniel Hemric in an all-Chevrolet finale, after Hemric ran fifth and held off a valiant bid from Cole Custer after a restart with 13 laps left.
http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/145661-byron-wins-phoenix-as-xfinity-championship-4-set

FRIDAY, NOV. 17

2:30-3:25 p.m.: XFINITY Series practice, NBCSN (Follow live)

5-5:55 p.m.: XFINITY Series final practice, NBCSN (Follow live)

SATURDAY, NOV. 18
upload_2017-11-13_15-48-25.jpeg

11:15 a.m.: XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, CNBC (Follow live)

3:30 p.m.: XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), NBCSN (Follow live)

I'd love to see him get it done after three 2nd place finishes.

All four drivers have been might impressive and to think two of them are rookies. Some great stuff here this weekend.
Yep. He's getting close to the end of his career so I'd like for him to get this one.

Final Xfinity Standings
Quite a finish at Homestead Miami.
Driver standings: Rookie William Byron wins the title Chevrolet
Owner standings: Roger Penske 22 car Ford wins by one point over the Rick Hendrick 9 car. Hornish's 2nd place finish sealed the deal
Manufacturer standings: Chevrolet 63 points ahead of second place Ford. Ford's one two finish at homestead allowed them to finish ahead of third place Toyota by 3 points.
Some of the best racing all year was in the Xfinity races IMO. Looking forward to next year, many of the stars this year are coming back.

IMO Ryan Preece is the dude to watch next year in the 18, the guys has a lot going for him, and I hope he drives smart and gets it done in his big shot in Nascar. I'm a big fan, he tares it up around here on the northeast short tracks and comes from a historic racing lineage.

And the championship goes to William Byron

Attachments

• D64C8794-085F-4F07-86B1-BCC95F6324C6.jpeg
    D64C8794-085F-4F07-86B1-BCC95F6324C6.jpeg
    1,012 KB · Views: 195
IMO Ryan Preece is the dude to watch next year in the 18, the guys has a lot going for him, and I hope he drives smart and gets it done in his big shot in Nascar. I'm a big fan, he tares it up around here on the northeast short tracks and comes from a historic racing lineage.

I hope he hurries up, so the remaining fans can see him before they all leave.

Sadler Voted NXS Most Popular Driver for a Third Time
12861c6fe6a84cc2990047a37fc41c31.jpg

Sadler, who earned 12 top-five and 25 top-10 finishes this season, will bring home his third MPD award determined by fan voting. Sadler’s achievement gives JRM eight of the last 10 awards. Danica Patrick kicked it off in 2012, Regan Smith won the award in 2013 and Chase Elliott won in both 2014 and 2015 prior to Sadler’s first award with JR Motorsports last season.
http://www.jrmracing.com/media/2017/11/28/sadler-voted-nxs-most-popular-driver-for-a-third-time

I wonder how Elliott’s development as a driver is progressing?

Excited to see how the pack racing will work at Michigan next year. The slingshot effect you see in the truck races there show you how good the product can be at that track

Back
Top Bottom