Xfinity 2017 Thread

I don't know if it is dumb luck or they are trying out the singers, but the last few weeks they have had some good ones. Flyover

So Letarte called Keselowski Logano, and Allen says Billy Earnhardt is Jeffrey's son.

Xfinity Qualifying, pre show and race times FYI

DJ2OlovX0AAzeZb.jpg:large

Would be interesting if Bubba wins this race today. Would he qualify for the playoffs if so? Only 18th in points and surely a team would find something for him if that was the case.

Would be interesting if Bubba wins this race today. Would he qualify for the playoffs if so? Only 18th in points and surely a team would find something for him if that was the case.

Playoffs are already locked in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubba doesn't qualify, he hasn't run enough races. I'm not sure he has the car either, I think it is a Roush satellite team

edit: #98 Nickelodeon Slime Ford in the NASCAR XFINITY race for Biagi DenBeste Racing and Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM).

Dakota Armstong doesn't have a prayer in hell of winning the race. These talking heads are throwing up anybody these days. The thing is full of young cuppers with cup teams.

Top 10 last practice at Kentucky
upload_2017-9-23_16-1-48.png

ON TRACK: KENTUCKY
5:35 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN GO)
8 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), NBCSN (Follow live) (Canada: TSN 2)

For the children of a lesser god, Xfinity fans. Looks pretty good for Dover, got the Dillion bros, Jones and Suarez and Ryan Blaney racing for the mega teams.
Showing 40 entered

upload_2017-9-27_9-2-48.png

Top 10 Qualifiers at Dover.

upload_2017-9-30_11-51-28.png

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
ON TRACK: DOVER

2:45 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Use Your Melon. Driver Sober 200 (200 laps, 200 miles), NBCSN, Canada: TSN 1, 4, 5

Chastain once again proving just what these composite bodies can do to the field in equalizing the playing field a bit.

Ganassi cars have come alive after the change to the body. Could be coincidence, but they have that extra little bit of speed now.

What? Nothing about a Cupper winning by what, 5 seconds? Shocking. What bull****. Have a great day everybody. Enjoy the races.....or not.

Gibbs and Kaulig cucumbered. bad news for Tifft.

On the Xfinity side of the garage, both the No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota and the No. 11 Kaulig Racing Chevrolet failed post-race inspection after officials discovered both cars violated Sections 20.17.3.2.1.2 Post-Race Front Body Inspection Heights. Both cars were outside of the allowed tolerances set by NASCAR.
Matthew Beckman, crew chief for the No. 19 team and Chris Rice, crew chief for the No. 11 squad, have been suspended for the next points race (Kansas Speedway), fined $10,000 and docked 10 driver and owner points.

The results of Tifft, who was scored ninth, and Koch, who finished, 25th are deemed encumbered according to the NASCAR rulebook. Tifft is currently eight in the NXS standings. Koch dropped out of the playoffs after the first round.
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-penalizes-jgr-kaulig-charlotte-infractions-964418/

@StandOnIt Wait, so how does this work? Tifft had his points reset along with everyone else, so does it really affect him?

Christopher Bell is racing up in Xfinity at Kansas, sponsored by one of Toyotas sub contractors JBL. Blaney and Jones along with the Dillions are young gun cuppers also in the race.
1zFz21q.png

NASCAR reveals 2018 Xfinity Series rules package

After the flange-fit composite bodies debuted this year at Richmond Raceway, NASCAR has included the package as an option for teams at all tracks except for Daytona and Talladega.

Other aerodynamic highlights include a common flat splitter, the use of a common Cup radiator and the reduction of brake cooling hoses and fans. NASCAR has introduced front sub-frame rules modified to discourage aerodynamic development and a single transmission rule which will be instituted on all tracks except for road courses. Spoilers will remain 3.5” tall by 60.5” wide.
NASCAR is expanding the drafting package used on superspeedways to Pocono and Michigan but will use a four-inch splitter height to match rules on other Xfinity tracks.

Under safety initiatives, NASCAR has introduced an enhanced vehicle chassis (EVC) with a mandatory release moved 2019 when all-new chassis will be required to certify with EVC effective Nov. 20, 2017. Each Incident Data Recorder (IDR) will not be powered by the vehicle battery to enhance the fidelity of pre-crash data.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/news/nascar-2018-xfinity-series-rules-package-973873/

2018 XFINITY Series rules include expanding Indianapolis aero package
Teams competing in NASCAR XFINITY Series races at Pocono Raceway and Michigan International Speedway in 2018 will utilize the same aerodynamic package that debuted at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this season.
The 2017 Indy-specific package included a taller rear spoiler, use of a restrictor plate (7/8th-inch) and aero ducts (similar to brake duct openings) in an attempt to lessen the aerodynamic advantage enjoyed by the lead car at the 2.5-mile track.

This year’s Lily Diabetes 250 at Indy saw a record number of race leaders (8) and lead changes (16). Not surprisingly, the package received high marks from series drivers and team owners.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/1/xfinity-series-rules-2018-season

I'm all for a aerodynamic advantage as well as more manufacture involvement. This seems more like a NASCAR mandate and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I could care less if a driver wins by 3 seconds as that is just another example of how much work that team put in. NASCAR mandating what's acceptable off track makes no sense in my opinion and I also believe they should give manufactureres more power over the car.

Cut off race from 8 to 4 drivers. Tifft and Poole the bull are close to the cut off. Custer is a long shot to make the cut. Going to be near impossible to beat the cup lite drivers for a win.
upload_2017-11-8_14-4-36.png

First practice at Phoenix . Had to go down to 20th to include the will he make the cut off? can he win it? Ryan Reed.
upload_2017-11-10_14-34-17.png

I still can't stand that the cup guys feel the need to interfere with these playoff races. Blaney isn't a serious offender and has only raced in a couple, but just in general I hate it. Eric and Austin? Come on guys.

I still can't stand that the cup guys feel the need to interfere with these playoff races. Blaney isn't a serious offender and has only raced in a couple, but just in general I hate it. Eric and Austin? Come on guys.

Interfere? It's not really up to them anyway as its mostly sponsors but I'd rather have a young Cup guy in the 22, 20, 3, and 2 than I would a nobody in a one off the race that won't compete for a win. Next year should be a bit better although I disagree with the limits.

Why not give those seats to some up and coming talent and see what they can do in a good car?

Why not give those seats to some up and coming talent and see what they can do in a good car?

Didn't seem to help Ryan Preece any at this point. Yeah they get a good car but I'd rather see a young driver run for a championship than I would just a couple one off races. As it is now those seats are filled by future Cup stars which is more important to let them grow than someone who won't be around in a few years anyway.

I got pretty frustrated last week. On one hand the NBCSN goes on an on about playoff this and points that, but last week the top three were neck and neck the whole race swapping positions, and not a word was said about it. They were hypothesized watching the cup lites at the very front of the pack. either report it or ignore it and say it needs to go. I notice this week at the practices that is all they talk about.

Didn't seem to help Ryan Preece any at this point. Yeah they get a good car but I'd rather see a young driver run for a championship than I would just a couple one off races. As it is now those seats are filled by future Cup stars which is more important to let them grow than someone who won't be around in a few years anyway.
Didn't seem to help? Dude, Ryan Preece went from being an also-ran to being a proven winner. Somebody needs to pick him up.

Didn't seem to help? Dude, Ryan Preece went from being an also-ran to being a proven winner. Somebody needs to pick him up.

Yeah but as you said he's still without a ride. At this point those couple of starts are meaningless until he gets a good full time Xfinity ride.

Yeah but as you said he's still without a ride. At this point those couple of starts are meaningless until he gets a full time Xfinity ride.

I don't think he is an improvement over Bell who already has the job at Gibbs. Bell has stepped up to Xfinity and already has a win and is fast

Yeah but as you said he's still without a ride. At this point those couple of starts are meaningless until he gets a full time Xfinity ride.

Right. Man, someone needs to give him a ride. Ryan is talented; if I'm correct, he's already won some Whelen Modified titles, and the win at Iowa was icing on the cake. Also, he seems like a pretty decent guy. He could be the guy that Hamlin has to look over his shoulder for, imo. :pbjtime:

EDIT: SOI has a point. Bell could be the guy that Hamlin has to watch out for.

Back
Top Bottom