Xfinity 2017 Thread

Working hard to figure out why drivers in the lower series are even on one of the most challenging tracks in the world when: 1) Road course experience is limited, and 2) They won't ever see this track in Cup. Silly. MRN's call was awful, and it was a complete ****show IMO. That is not what I want to watch. Serious question: Was that good racing'?

Yes, it was fantastic.

I mean one of the better races all season.

Working hard to figure out why drivers in the lower series are even on one of the most challenging tracks in the world when: 1) Road course experience is limited, and 2) They won't ever see this track in Cup. Silly. MRN's call was awful, and it was a complete ****show IMO. That is not what I want to watch. Serious question: Was that good racing'?
Of course you hated it:rolleyes:

Yes. No doubt about it.

Perhaps if Kyle Busch was in the race he would have taught them a lot that will help them in the future! On a more serious note, Road America isn't even in the top 50 for toughest tracks in the world.. USA definitely though.

Still impressed with Byron, I kept up with him pretty much the whole race. he let people by all day, stayed out of trouble and didn't wreck out driving over his head. 6th place for his first time there isn't bad. I'd say he was the polar opposite of Ryan Reed today, That track will make a fool out of you real fast.

I hope a Cup team picks up the phone and gives him (Clements) a call.

Last edited:
I hope the new composite body next week evens up the field a bit at Darlington. Teams like Clements needs a break.

It was great. Your boys just got beat by a much faster car, running on a lot less money.
Seriously something to celebrate, if the tables were turned and a mom and pop Toyota team had done the same, I would be still be happy.
Give me a ****show every week.

All these flavors & you gotta be salty

Y u mad 4?

JGR yotas got smoked by someone with a fraction of a budget.

Guess you don't think it's a good race unless KDB pads his stats.

Kinda wish Busch would've been the one to get dumped for the win. Then Kyle could've got a good ol country boy ass whippin in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the responses. Glad that many of you enjoyed the race.

Most the race was pretty boring but that's nothing new with road courses. The finish was good but I wish Clements wouldn't have spun him out and it would have been better.

It's giving them road course experience that, for the most part, they don't already have. With one in the playoffs next year you can't really afford to be bad on them. And I suspect they're still evaluating adding other courses (Pocono mentioned they are).

The first two stages could've been a lot cleaner and I think the cautions hurt more than they helped but the last half of the race was good.

It's giving them road course experience that, for the most part, they don't already have. With one in the playoffs next year you can't really afford to be bad on them. And I suspect they're still evaluating adding other courses (Pocono mentioned they are).

The first two stages could've been a lot cleaner and I think the cautions hurt more than they helped but the last half of the race was good.

Yeah, I get that, but the kink with no safer barriers? Take 'em to Sonoma if you want to teach them road course racing IMO--consequences not as dire in the learning process IMO.

Yeah, I get that, but the kink with no safer barriers? Take 'em to Sonoma if you want to teach them road course racing IMO--consequences not as dire in the learning process IMO.
Not as safe as it could be, no, but if there's any kind of race car that can take a hit there safely it's a NASCAR race car. I'm sure they'll address it at some point though.

Not sure they need to go to Sonoma because Road America has really become one of Xfinity's crown jewel events being the headliner where it is, no Cup or Truck the same weekend, and broadcast TV this year. It's in front of all of the diehard road racing fans that go to RA for every event they have as well as the fans that were underserved after The Mile went away.

Bubba picks up another one-off ride...

Y u mad 4?

JGR yotas got smoked by someone with a fraction of a budget.

Guess you don't think it's a good race unless KDB pads his stats.

Kinda wish Busch would've been the one to get dumped for the win. Then Kyle could've got a good ol country boy ass whippin in more ways than one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the recent popularity of the road courses are linked to the hope that the smaller teams with lower budgets have a better chance of wining. a Standalone race besides almost guarantee a good race. These guy constantly prove they are some of the best in the world. They're driving one of the hardest race cars to drive on a road course there is. Solid axles, with truck arms, tiny tires? c'mon. Road racing stars, some of them with championships, some with years of racing on these tracks, stars from other continents come and try their luck in the race and they get their asses handed to them year after year.

Last edited:
They do work hand in hand as long as the driver is an RPM driver. So it looks like Bubba is headed for the STP/Dominos? 44. I had heard last month STP was willing to come back to half full time status for Bubba but RPM was needing another sponsor to go the other half.

Back
Top Bottom