Xfinity 2017 Thread

It's only four races, but we shall see. The whole season is still not guaranteed for him.
I'd love to see Penske put Bubba in the 22 for a couple of the stand alone Xfinity races, to shed some light on the question of whether he can win with a winning team. Bubba shows flashes of talent, then screws it up... Is he trying to overachieve with a weak team? Then maybe Ford should work toward getting him on a better team. Or is he just not that good? I don't know the answer, but I'd love to see him succeed.

I'd love to see Penske put Bubba in the 22 for a couple of the stand alone Xfinity races, to shed some light on the question of whether he can win with a winning team. Bubba shows flashes of talent, then screws it up... Is he trying to overachieve with a weak team? Then maybe Ford should work toward getting him on a better team. Or is he just not that good? I don't know the answer, but I'd love to see him succeed.

He said it himself that he was overdriving, but I think he was feeling pressure from Reed, who has improved pretty well IMHO.

He just have to keep this consistency up, he will be fine and if he stops ****** it up, Jack will continue to support him.

NASCAR America: Sponsorship for Darrell Wallace Jr. in doubt amid best start in Xfinity career

Back in January, Darrell Wallace Jr. said he only had sponsorship secured for the first six races of the Xfinity season.

We’re now past that point and Wallace told NASCAR America’s Marty Snider plans have changed for Roush Fenway Racing’s No. 6 Ford.

“When I was saying six (races), it was actually 10. I was mistaken” Wallace said. “But we have the attitude and (team owner) Jack (Roush) has the attitude that we’re going to go to Homestead. We have to figure some things out.”

Wallace has been sponsored by Leidos through the first six races and will be again this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway. He will also be sponsored by Globe Life Bank at Talladega (May 6) and Charlotte (May 27).

If more sponsorship doesn’t emerge for the 23-year-old, Wallace’s season could end after May.
(More here...)

Bubba has run better this year, good but not great IMO. It's probably a pipe dream, but I'd like to see Ford and Team Penske put Bubba in the Discount Tire 22 for the Xfinity stand-alone dates... just to show the world whether Bubba can cut the mustard in good Xfinity equipment. I don't know if Roush's equipment is good, middling, or what. But I do know Penske's 22 is good. JMO.

Penske isn't winning in Xfinity this year but are running good. They are building a whole new team there and have already had a CC change.

Baffling to me that the guy can't find sponsorship but some of these other drivers (way in the back) have full seasons secured.

Baffling to me that the guy can't find sponsorship but some of these other drivers (way in the back) have full seasons secured.

I know, baffles me as well. Maybe a win and something will come along but the guy has driven well this season and really hasn't been bad in the past. Plus he has a marketable personality and being the only black driver you'd think a company would jump at the chance to be involved with a NASCAR diversifying driver and sponsor the guy.

NASCAR America: Sponsorship for Darrell Wallace Jr. in doubt amid best start in Xfinity career

Back in January, Darrell Wallace Jr. said he only had sponsorship secured for the first six races of the Xfinity season.

We’re now past that point and Wallace told NASCAR America’s Marty Snider plans have changed for Roush Fenway Racing’s No. 6 Ford.

“When I was saying six (races), it was actually 10. I was mistaken” Wallace said. “But we have the attitude and (team owner) Jack (Roush) has the attitude that we’re going to go to Homestead. We have to figure some things out.”

Wallace has been sponsored by Leidos through the first six races and will be again this weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway. He will also be sponsored by Globe Life Bank at Talladega (May 6) and Charlotte (May 27).

If more sponsorship doesn’t emerge for the 23-year-old, Wallace’s season could end after May.
(More here...)

Bubba has run better this year, good but not great IMO. It's probably a pipe dream, but I'd like to see Ford and Team Penske put Bubba in the Discount Tire 22 for the Xfinity stand-alone dates... just to show the world whether Bubba can cut the mustard in good Xfinity equipment. I don't know if Roush's equipment is good, middling, or what. But I do know Penske's 22 is good. JMO.

Someone will notice him, I believe and I have followed Bubba for years before he blew up in trucks.

He's come too far to just be thrown to the waistside.

His last 3 seasons:

2015: 12 top 10's including 3 top 5's
2016: 9 top 10's including 3 top 5's
2017 (6 races): 5 top 10's

Tons of top 15's mixed in between.

While not stellar, I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen guys with full time sponsorship that aren't even coming close to those numbers.

Well, there is this... Mello Yellow on Bubba's #6 for Richmond. IDK if this is just a one-race deal, but every little bit helps.

BubbaMelloYellow.jpg

Well, there is this... Mello Yellow on Bubba's #6 for Richmond. IDK if this is just a one-race deal, but every little bit helps.

View attachment 26179
That would be a pretty big get if it's something multi-race.

I remember seeing Trevor's season be cut short back in 2012 or whatever it was due to sponsorship. Hopefully that doesn't happen here.

Man.....Mello Yello really needs to go back to their old school logo/colors.

Good deal for Bubba, hopefully it's for multiple races

Going to RFR was the worst thing that ever happened for bubba...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The irony is bubba left jgr cuz he wanted a full ride now he might be out of one

Ouch

Harvick has a Pee Wee Herman thing going on today in the booth.

Judging from the number of fans in the stands the concession stand might have open a second pack of hot dogs..:rolleyes:

Definitely a walk up crowd, literally, they just walked over
from their homes.

Judging from the number of fans in the stands the concession stand might have open a second pack of hot dogs..:rolleyes:
No worries, you got to understand that many of today's fans do not need to attend the race. Social media is so much better than actually attending the race and NASCAR has no concerns that a couple thousand people don't show up at the track when a couple million watch on their cell phone.

No worries, you got to understand that many of today's fans do not need to attend the race. Social media is so much better than actually attending the race and NASCAR has no concerns that a couple thousand people don't show up at the track when a couple million watch on their cell phone.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but just in case, streaming is still a very small portion of the overall audience. The most-streamed NASCAR on FOX event had 106,802 unique steamers and an average minute audience of 36,587.

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/...-fs1-score-major-viewership-increases-in-2017

I've been on less then legal streams that had over 3000 viewers, so I think people do stream...just not through official apps
Any of those off-the-radar streams would still register as barely more than a blip compared to the TV audience. If everyone subbed to /r/NASCAR streamed every single minute of the race the average minute audience still wouldn't approach 1% of the average TV audience. For NASCAR as a whole this is especially true since the fan base still skews older.

Previewing the NASCAR Xfinity Series Sparks Energy 300 at Talladega

https://motorsportstribune.com/previewing-the-nascar-xfinity-series-spark-energy-300-at-talladega/

Xfinity Series Championship

Justin Allgaier, Ryan Reed, Elliott Sadler, Daniel Hemric, and William Byron are the only four NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars that have Playoff points. Allgaier has six Playoff pointes, Reed has five Playoff points each while Sadler has two Playoff points. Both Byron and Hemric have a single Playoff point each.

Darrell Wallace Jr. will have Globe Life as the primary sponsor of his Roush Fenway Racing No. 6 Ford Mustang for the first time this season.

Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)

Practice 1: Friday, May 5, at 11:30 a.m. on Fox Sports 1

Practice 2: Friday, May 5, at 1:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1

Qualifying: Saturday, May 6, at 10:30 a.m. on Fox Sports 1

Race: Saturday, May 6, at 1:00 p.m. on FOX, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Motor Racing Network.

Justin Allgaier, Ryan Reed, Elliott Sadler, Daniel Hemric, and William Byron are the only four NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars that have Playoff points. Allgaier has six Playoff pointes, Reed has five Playoff points each while Sadler has two Playoff points. Both Byron and Hemric have a single Playoff point

How can you truly crown a champion when the races are so saturated with cup drivers week in and week out... this is the main reason I don't watch xfinity anymore. I watched dega yesterday and it was a good race but even still Logano and almirola spoiled the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe anyone on here complains about the cars being ugly, or not looking like their real life counterparts. Yall must have really short memories...

People going to believe what they want to believe...waiting for one to say how good those cars look and real looking..yuk yuk. C.O.T. looks closer to a sea creature to me than a race car. lol

Over full entry list for the Xfinity at Charlotte 42 cars entered

Packed with cup stars:
Hamlin, Keselowski, Harvick, Blaney, the Dillion Bros, Bell is up from the trucks. Talent shows up for a big money race.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/race-center/2017/xfinity-series/hisense-4k-tv-300.entrylist.html

People going to believe what they want to believe...waiting for one to say how good those cars look and real looking..yuk yuk. C.O.T. looks closer to a sea creature to me than a race car. lol

Over full entry list for the Xfinity at Charlotte 42 cars entered

Packed with cup stars:
Hamlin, Keselowski, Harvick, Blaney, the Dillion Bros, Bell is up from the trucks. Talent shows up for a big money race.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/race-center/2017/xfinity-series/hisense-4k-tv-300.entrylist.html

Hoes.

Yeah, I said it.

eh I think the first three are to a certain point. Hambone and Kez I think are. Harvick is there to help and make it two car team for Custer, who IMO doesn't have much of a clue about Charlotte in a Xfinity car. Blaney doesn't have much seat time and both of the Dillions aren't that much of a threat, Hemeric has been out driving them haha. Ty's first year out of Xfinity. Ya can't call truck driver Bell, one, I think this is his first Xfinity race out of the 7 he gets to run. Big surprise for me is that super trucker isn't entered. This is right down his alley

Last edited:
Top 12 qualifiers
Hisense 4K TV 300

Sat, May 27 - 1:00p ET (FS1)

Rnk

Driver
Speed Time Behind
1 #7 Justin Allgaier 182.488 29.591 0.000
2 #2 Austin Dillon 181.519 29.749 0.158
3 #12 Ryan Blaney 181.378 29.772 0.181
4 #21 Daniel Hemric 181.324 29.781 0.190
5 #41 Kevin Harvick 181.245 29.794 0.203