Xfinity 2017 Thread

Possible. I'd like to see it tried out though. I feel many would consider doing it for a lesser price. It feels like it should be closer to 20 for a general admission.
I always try to go if I'm there for the weekend. Even though I don't have a rooting interest in the series other than pulling for the JRM guys it's still fun to watch.

I got a ticket package for the Atlanta weekend this past March that included the Xfinity race. It was all general admin and I want to say the face value on the ticket was $25 though I don't recall 100%.

Lower the ticket cost. Hoping to spend the day at the track tomorrow, but still a little taken back by 40.00 general admission... oh well

Agreed. 25-30 for a 2nd rate NASCAR race these days is about right.

I honestly don't give a crap about watching the Xfinity Series because they run way too many junk tracks. I will start watching again when Gateway, Memphis, IRP, etc are back.

[QUOTE="
I dont know where you are coming from with Cup drivers getting Xfinity playoff points because no Cup drivers gets any points in Xfinity. They get credit for a stage win and thats it.[/QUOTE]

My fault, I was not clear as to who was awarded playoff points. I had assumed that since Xseries drivers have only 17 playoff points, that the cup regulars had won the rest. Also I thought that cup regulars were not going to be in the Xseries playoffs. I guess I am just living up to my title. (under my avatar) :)

Glad I'm not the only one shocked by $40 for xfinity. Most I've ever paid for non cup is $40 at Eldora for trucks

I'd pay more for Eldora than I would the championship race at Homestead.

I'll tell you one of the best races I've ever been to. Talk about a low downforce package, haha damn things are sliding all over 3 wide. Really shows how multiple grooves make things that much better

Too many Buschwackers here this weekend. Won't pay this one much mind.

I do wanna say though that Xfinity prices need to come way down. $40 is insane for an Xfinity race IMO, that's why we're going to qualifying and ARCA tomorrow followed by swimming and be a tourist on Saturday
I agree 100%. I saw Xfinity tickets to Bristol for 60 bucks. That's insane. Seems to me that having six people paying 20 bucks would be better than two paying 60. At least kids getting in free is a step in the right direction.

I agree 100%. I saw Xfinity tickets to Bristol for 60 bucks. That's insane. Seems to me that having six people paying 20 bucks would be better than two paying 60. At least kids getting in free is a step in the right direction.

I want to know who is in charge of pricing tickets for NASCAR races, they seem totally unable to understand a supply/demand curve.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/06/21/no-20s-xfinity-win-at-michigan-ruled-encumbered/

An L1-level penalty against the No. 20 XFINITY Series car for Joe Gibbs Racing was for splitter structure — the splitter was not flat. As a result, the race win for Denny Hamlin was ruled encumbered. Hamlin does not compete for points in the XFINITY Series, but the win won’t give the team any postseason benefits (i.e. loss of playoff points from that race).

LOLOLOL I'm sure ol' Byron learned some valuable lessons getting beaten by that cup regular tho!!

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/06/21/no-20s-xfinity-win-at-michigan-ruled-encumbered/

An L1-level penalty against the No. 20 XFINITY Series car for Joe Gibbs Racing was for splitter structure — the splitter was not flat. As a result, the race win for Denny Hamlin was ruled encumbered. Hamlin does not compete for points in the XFINITY Series, but the win won’t give the team any postseason benefits (i.e. loss of playoff points from that race).

LOLOLOL I'm sure ol' Byron learned some valuable lessons getting beaten by that cup regular tho!!
This happens all the time with the Cup teams that have Xfinity programs. What a load of bull****.

Really tough break for Kyle doing his lawn mower thing, missed out on another cheated up win by the Gibbers.:p but I do like the Karma they are getting in the cup series. :cool:

This is not the first, definitely will not be the last infraction of this kind.

Oh well, a useless "encumbered" win. Just pull a Ricky Rudd and give the victory to the second place car.

Nascar took away the win from their first ever race because that driver won a race because he used "illegal Springs" . Illegal splitter what's the difference?

@Simple Fan nothing like learning from cheated up racecars huh. Pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denny just drove the car so yeah Byron still learned alot. Dont recall Denny ever getting out of the car and moving the splitter any. Still a hell of a finish, encumbered or not.

Really tough break for Kyle doing his lawn mower thing, missed out on another cheated up win by the Gibbers.:p but I do like the Karma they are getting in the cup series. :cool:

I didn't see anything in the article about the 18 being illegal :idunno:

I played T-Ball with a group of youngsters today and boy did I learn 'em a thing or 2. Never seen a group of more appreciative 6 years old's in my life/

I played T-Ball with a group of youngsters today and boy did I learn 'em a thing or 2. Never seen a group of more appreciative 6 years old's in my life/

Well most T-Ball coaches are older than 6 but 6 years old and appreciative just doesn't mix to well.

I've coached baseball for kids and you could show a kid something 3 times and it wouldn't learn a thing. Now if the dirt could teach them baseball they might learn something.

Last edited:
I've raced against guys that were better than me, with tons more experience too, and learned a lot from it. I didn't even know what I didn't know when I tried to pass Richie Schlacter into Turn 1 at Bridgehampton. Richie steamed right by me on the exit and was gone. Just one example of many. Jon Wood taught me a lot. Mike Baldwin too. I appreciated the opportunity.

I don't think that is the real argument about Cuppers in Xfinity, but anyone that says young guys don't learn important lessons from racing veterans... probably don't know jacksh!t about racing.

Well most T-Ball coaches are older than 6 but 6 years old and appreciative just doesn't mix to well.

I've coached baseball for kids and you could show a kid something 3 times and it wouldn't learn a thing. Now if the dirt could teach them baseball they might learn something.

I beat the little so and so's into submission.........:D

I've raced against guys that were better than me, with tons more experience too, and learned a lot from it. I didn't even know what I didn't know when I tried to pass Richie Schlacter into Turn 1 at Bridgehampton. Richie steamed right by me on the exit and was gone. Just one example of many. Jon Wood taught me a lot. Mike Baldwin too. I appreciated the opportunity.

I don't think that is the real argument about Cuppers in Xfinity, but anyone that says young guys don't learn important lessons from racing veterans... probably don't know jacksh!t about racing.

It sounds like more cup drivers should be in the minors as they would actually be doing everyone a favor eh?

It sounds like more cup drivers should be in the minors as they would actually be doing everyone a favor eh?

I think the few we have now is fine. You dont want to over do it because then it just becomes a Cup race. You cant deny that racing Cup drivers and beating them in lower series hasn't helped guys like Larson and Jones both on track and off.

The biggest issue I have with the Xfin series is that the Cup teams in Xfin are head and shoulders better than the Xfin teams. The X teams are just field filling afterthoughts. It's more top heavy than ever, and this was never the case until recently. Forget about Cup drivers winning all the time, hell, when's the last time a non-Cup team won an X race, or even scored a top 5?

The biggest issue I have with the Xfin series is that the Cup teams in Xfin are head and shoulders better than the Xfin teams. The X teams are just field filling afterthoughts. It's more top heavy than ever, and this was never the case until recently. Forget about Cup drivers winning all the time, hell, when's the last time a non-Cup team won an X race, or even scored a top 5?
Besides Almirola in the Biagi car a couple of times...I think it's been five years, when the Turner Scott cars were winning.

Besides Almirola in the Biagi car a couple of times...I think it's been five years, when the Turner Scott cars were winning.

That's what I was thinking. I was a big Turner Motorsports fan, mostly because they were the last competitive non-Cup team left in the series.

The biggest issue I have with the Xfin series is that the Cup teams in Xfin are head and shoulders better than the Xfin teams.
I'm not in favor of having rules or policies that protect teams that show up to race with poorly prepared cars. They all have the same rulebook, the same inspections. If you aren't good enough, then get better (or be content at the back of the pack). JMO.

Back
Top Bottom