Xfinity 2017 Thread

I really don't think it's gonna be Crafton. I think Crafton likes his current position and schedule and is fine staying in just trucks.

As far as the Menards connection just keep in mind that Menards has sponsored all kinds of drivers over the years in open wheel cars and stuff too and it doesn't ever seem to follow any kind of pattern.

The Penske 12 car is part time again, confirmed a few days ago. Apparently sponsorship fell through.

I can't believe anyone on here complains about the cars being ugly, or not looking like their real life counterparts. Yall must have really short memories...

Cup06Dodge19CalLeft.jpg

Busch_18_Earnhardt_88.194211945_std.JPG
Its been moving in the right direction. Its just not there.

088160305025__Boyd_Gaming_300.jpg

But what could have been...

13nascarcharger128001.jpg

Its been moving in the right direction. Its just not there.

088160305025__Boyd_Gaming_300.jpg

But what could have been...

13nascarcharger128001.jpg

You quoted a Xfinity cars to show disapproval and then a (would have been) gen 6 Cup car to show approval. Apples to oranges comparison.

The X cars do not look good, but the Cup cars look better than they did in YEARS as shown by 2 sweet.

This is why I am always baffled that some people on this forum recently have still said "are the cup cars any different aside from stickers?? I can't tell the makes apart!". I mean really?

I think the Cup cars are as close nowadays as they were in the 90s.

bgn1993-9414mwchevy.jpg

93chev77999-1.jpg

The xfinity cars aren't close, but that's fine for the reasons pointed out by Mr. Cheesepuffs above. And the xfinity cars (and Truck Series for that matter) look better now than they did 5-10 years ago.

The only thing thats even similar in aesthetics is the nose, fake grill/air intake design/headlight decals.

Other than that its just a fitted to nascar template car.

Also the c-pillar/quarter window details are unique.

What other distinguishing features would be expected?

Also the c-pillar/quarter window details are unique.

What other distinguishing features would be expected?

Yep. It would be nearly impossible to make the Xfinity cars look like their real life counterparts, considering the extreme differences in shape between the three models, among other things. Unfortunately this isn't like the 80's where the bodies were actually similar to factory spec, and nobody cared how different one manufacturer's car was from the next. Times have changed.

Quite frankly, whatever keeps costs down in xfinity/trucks, I'm on board. If that means similarly shaped cars, so be it. At least they are recognizable by the front noses.

I can't believe anyone on here complains about the cars being ugly, or not looking like their real life counterparts. Yall must have really short memories...

Cup06Dodge19CalLeft.jpg

Busch_18_Earnhardt_88.194211945_std.JPG
Just because those were ugly (a debatable point in itself) doesn't mean the current cars can't be too. They just may be less uglierest.

And I liked the wing. It was good enough for Petty back in the day.

Matt Tifft confirmed full time in the NXS for JGR #19, TunityTV as the primary.

Joe Gibbs Racing announces Kyle Busch’s 2017 Xfinity schedule

Here is Busch’s schedule for the Xfinity Series:

March 4 – Atlanta Motor Speedway (defending race winner)

March 11 – Las Vegas Motor Speedway (defending race winner)

March 25 – Auto Club Speedway

June 17 – Michigan International Speedway

July 7 – Kentucky Speedway (defending race winner)

July 15 – New Hampshire Motor Speedway (defending race winner)

July 22 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway (defending race winner)

Aug. 5 – Watkins Glen International

Aug. 18 – Bristol Motor Speedway

Sept. 8 – Richmond International Raceway (defending race winner)

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/01...utm_source=TW @NBCSports&utm_tags=srm[nascar]

Has JRM made any announcements on if Chase will run any races in the 88 all star car? I was hoping they'd let him run Atlanta.

Looks like DCR is done in Xfinity:

Sucks to see, but the team was quite stagnant with Cope behind the wheel.

Yeah, watch him end up in the 6 though.

Xfinity at PHX has just the Dillons, Jones, Suarez as the Cup guys.

Yeah, watch him end up in the 6 though.

Xfinity at PHX has just the Dillons, Jones, Suarez as the Cup guys.

Probably will be the 60, but Bubba better be finishing well to try to attract more sponsors. Leidos is only sponsoring so many this year.

Only the first 6. I don't have faith in a Jack Roush team to get sponsorship.

Wow. I'm shocked more sponsorship has been picked up. I figured it would be the Roush move of the past 5 years and they'd close the team down.

Back
Top Bottom