Xfinity RACE thread --- Chicago Street Course

All I can say is Thank You Nascar!!!!!!! We hadn't had much rain in the last 4 weeks. I guess them on the other side of the state still worked.

Maybe they can bring out some kayaks

What for pace car have lights and wipers on, Rabbit?

1688314889339.png

I keep wondering what those poor drivers are thinking when they had them get in their cars.......how long ago?

I keep wondering what those poor drivers are thinking when they had them get in their cars.......how long ago?
"I'm don't care what NASCAR says, I gotta pee!"

"Hey, we gotta get USB ports in this thing. My phone's going dead."

"What's a six-letter word for 'Chicago street race'? I've got F I A _ C O"

From Bob Pockrass:
"Oh my gosh, what an absolute mess. This weekend was rightfully billed as a festival which would feature both the racing and big music acts. Aside from The Black Crowes yesterday, now The Chainsmokers, Miranda Lambert and Charley Crockett have all been canceled. So disappointing."

Need to start building retractable domes over these street courses.

From Bob Pockrass:
"Oh my gosh, what an absolute mess. This weekend was rightfully billed as a festival which would feature both the racing and big music acts. Aside from The Black Crowes yesterday, now The Chainsmokers, Miranda Lambert and Charley Crockett have all been canceled. So disappointing."

And the sad part is that there's nothing NASCAR could do. I guess they could avoid doing these things in cities that are prone to rain but NASCAR had a rain shortened race at Phoenix once so that isn't a foolproof plan.

Really sad and a bummer. Hopefully weather and time cooperate to save the Cup race

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
And the sad part is that there's nothing NASCAR could do.
One of the issues with street courses is you have minimal opportunity to reschedule. With a dedicated track, you're not contractually required to pack everything up by a deadline that assumes everything goes smoothly.

And to think, remember all the frustration over the July 4th weekend Daytona date with those various weather issues? This race date is cursed I tell ya…maybe this should be the open date on the schedule.

Glad I decided to record the rest of the Xfinity race and sleep in instead of getting up at 8am to watch it.

This is so unfortunate, especially since the fans who wanted this to fail get to do a victory lap. And, as much as I like Road America, we'll end up back there next year watching a horrendously boring race.

This is so unfortunate, especially since the fans who wanted this to fail get to do a victory lap. And, as much as I like Road America, we'll end up back there next year watching a horrendously boring race.
A person would have to be pretty small minded for that. Anybody that thinks their opinions matter is another thing altogether.

And to think, remember all the frustration over the July 4th weekend Daytona date with those various weather issues? This race date is cursed I tell ya…maybe this should be the open date on the schedule.
Never had any issues back when it started early in the daytime.

Is that the "it only rains in the afternoon theory"?

In a normal year, which this is not, you can set a clock to the weather in Florida.

Too hot in the afternoon, too rainy at night.

Moving that race to August was the right decision, but I think it'll end up going back to Fourth of July sooner rather than later.

NASCAR wants Fourth of July to be an event, which is what they had with Chicago, only for this to be probably the biggest failure I've seen since the New Orleans Grand Prix.

Road America is the only answer, but at the end of the day, Road America's just a race. And an extremely boring one at that.

Back
Top Bottom