Xfinity RACE thread --- Chicago Street Course

This race may be pre-emptied by; pickleball of darts soon.
I guess they sent planes up looking for lightning?

Does NASHCASH have a time protocol for “lightning in the area” or are they just winging it?

From what I’ve seen so far, I don’t feel they need to do this street thing again. Maybe tomorrow will be better. 🤔

Funny stuff, they apparently race in the rain, but the cars are covered and the blowers are out on track. I'm really trying to like Nascar, but it's just sad.

Why Are showing the start again
Because of this BS ....

NASCAR stops for lightning because the safety of the drivers, fans, and personnel are high priority in the sport. Flashes of lightning could decrease visibility for drivers, which could lead to wrecks. NASCAR also ensures that fans and personnel seek shelter if a storm approaches.

Because of this BS ....

NASCAR stops for lightning because the safety of the drivers, fans, and personnel are high priority in the sport. Flashes of lightning could decrease visibility for drivers, which could lead to wrecks. NASCAR also ensures that fans and personnel seek shelter if a storm approaches.
BS? A fan was killed a few years ago from lightning…

I didn't see officials evacuating the stands, besides all events have legal disclaimers.

There is no event, sporting or otherwise, that would continue with lightning in the area. NASCAR has lawyers that want to minimize liability. Waivers also aren't a license to act negligently.

Back
Top Bottom