Xfinity RACE thread --- Darlington

Oh look, Harvick things. What a douche canoe. Glad his day was ruined too.

What a fkn race though.

Kevin Harvick is the Devil and Ross Chastain is an angel that God himself sent down from heaven to race, win Reddit's heart over and farm watermelons.

Kevin Harvick is the Devil and Ross Chastain is an angel that God himself sent down from heaven to race, win Reddit's heart over and farm watermelons.

Harvick started the incident with a rookie-level mistake, couldn't control his car, and had the gall to project that lack of judgment onto the guy he walled. If he had driven like the veteran he is, none of it would have happened.

He also could have simply owned up to his mistake but objected to the retaliation, and that would have been fine too.

Harvick started the incident with a rookie-level mistake, couldn't control his car, and had the gall to project that lack of judgment onto the guy he walled. If he had driven like the veteran he is, none of it would have happened.

He also could have simply owned up to his mistake but objected to the retaliation, and that would have been fine too.

He couldn't control his car because Ross was on his ass and taking the air off him. If it had been Redneck Jesus 2.0, no one would have any issues with Ross being pushed back up the track.

Harvick is the epitome of a fake tough guy.All the years I have seen him and his act I don't ever recall him throwing a punch.I saw him do the playground stuff,pushing someone into another.I watched it several times and it looks like Airwick expected Chastain to lift and give hime the position but we saw the result of Chastain fighting back on the outside and having the preferred line.

Kurt Busch can attest otherwise.

He couldn't control his car because Ross was on his ass and taking the air off him. If it had been Redneck Jesus 2.0, no one would have any issues with Ross being pushed back up the track.

LMAO.

The ONLY reason why Chastain came down was to avoid the lap car. Hell, Chastain didn't really pinch Harvick. You can see Harvick faint to the right some. Neither was going to give up, but Harvick was clearly out of control.

Chastain's hands were very steady for the most part.

Uhh what’s the 42 supposed to do? Pull over? Harvick was the one on the inside half a car back. He could have cut lower. Ross had the preferred line and the lead but could have gone higher. Harvick should have got out of the throttle when he was sliding towards the wall.. would have saved him quite a bit of damage(his car was fubar’d before the 42 turned him)

Uhh what’s the 42 supposed to do? Pull over? Harvick was the one on the inside half a car back. He could have cut lower. Ross had the preferred line and the lead but could have gone higher. Harvick should have got out of the throttle when he was sliding towards the wall.. would have saved him quite a bit of damage(his car was fubar’d before the 42 turned him)

From what I've gathered, Ross was loose when he got close to Kevin, so I can't fault him for that. I also can't fault Kevin for pushing him up the track - he had no way of knowing Ross didn't have control of his car at that moment. I'm just saying if it had been Chase Elliot, this narrative would be completely different.

Ross committed to the middle to go around the lapped car, and he was ahead of Harvick, until Harvick dove it in deep to get alongside him. Chastain can't just cut to the right after he gets by the lapped car, or he kills his momentum. He has to follow the natural line off the corner, which he did. He did absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion.

From what I've gathered, Ross was loose when he got close to Kevin, so I can't fault him for that. I also can't fault Kevin for pushing him up the track - he had no way of knowing Ross didn't have control of his car at that moment. I'm just saying if it had been Chase Elliot, this narrative would be completely different.

If it was Chase Elliott in Harvick’s shoes and he made that move, you’d probably call it a boneheaded error. If he gave an interview like Harvick did, you’d call him an entitled crybaby. Lmao.

Also, what difference would Ross Chastain being loose make? Harvick was the one underneath and sliding everyone into the wall...

Ross committed to the middle to go around the lapped car, and he was ahead of Harvick, until Harvick dove it in deep to get alongside him. Chastain can't just cut to the right after he gets by the lapped car, or he kills his momentum. He has to follow the natural line off the corner, which he did. He did absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion.

I don't think so either, until he spun Harvick out. All that ended up doing was ruin both their days.

Harvick will be remembered as a champion and is a tremendously skilled driver. He'll also be remembered for his hilarious signature b!tch move of parking in another driver's pit stall after an incident and failing to intimidate anyone ever.

If it was Chase Elliott in Harvick’s shoes and he made that move, you’d probably call it a boneheaded error. If he gave an interview like Harvick did, you’d call him an entitled crybaby. Lmao.

Also, wha difference would Ross Chastain being loose make? Harvick was the one underneath and sliding everyone into the wall...

Gawdamn, Harvick can wreck the whole field at once now? Either he's better than I thought, or he's really getting in your head.

Anyways, I quite like Chase, but nice try.

Harvick will be remembered as a champion and is a tremendously skilled driver. He'll also be remembered for his hilarious signature b!tch move of parking in another driver's pit stall after an incident and failing to intimidate anyone ever.

Kyle Busch hasn't done squat since talking up a big storm at New Hampshire :idunno:

Kyle Busch hasn't done squat since talking up a big storm at New Hampshire :idunno:

I'm not being all that serious about the who does or does not intimidate who stuff, but your counterpoint to my statement is that Busch has finished 1st, 3rd, 3rd, and 20th since the New Hampshire race, and this is a result of being intimidated by Harvick?

I'm not being all that serious about the who does or does not intimidate who stuff, but your counterpoint to my statement is that Busch has finished 1st, 3rd, 3rd, and 20th since the New Hampshire race, and this is a result of being intimidated by Harvick?

I wasn't talking about his race finishes, I'm saying he talked a big game about "racing Harvick like he raced me" (even though he did the same to Larson) but hasn't done diddly squat to him.

Gawdamn, Harvick can wreck the whole field at once now? Either he's better than I thought, or he's really getting in your head.

Anyways, I quite like Chase, but nice try.

The everyone was obviously an embellishment, I was talking about how he wrecked himself and the 42. And right on, I figured based on the Redneck Jesus statement you weren’t a fan.

The everyone was obviously an embellishment, I was talking about how he wrecked himself and the 42. And right on, I figured based on the Redneck Jesus statement you weren’t a fan.

The Redneck Jesus comment was to highlight the narrative disparities when these things happen depending on the parties involved. I like Chase, he's a great guy, but you'd think he was a saint and could do no wrong according to the fans. Harvick isn't a fan favorite so when he gets into it with Sir Watermelon, he's pure evil and Ross a choir boy.

Pretty sure Harvick has a wrestling background and isn’t afraid to scrap.
But yet he doesn’t....he only gets physical with guys that he knows will not fight like Kyle and Brad. He thought he could intimidate Juan Pablo and it looked like he was playing paddy cake. Paper tiger.....

Just, you know, doesn't seem like something someone would say about their own driver...
I like him in Cup....not impressed when he and his cup team go down and beat up on minor leaguers. Red Sox don’t come down and play the Durham Bulls and be all proud of themselves.

But yet he doesn’t....he only gets physical with guys that he knows will not fight like Kyle and Brad. He thought he could intimidate Juan Pablo and it looked like he was playing paddy cake. Paper tiger.....

Geez, you're just beating up on your own guy tonight.

Harvick caused a rookie to make a mistake.
It’s a vintage veteran move.
What’s not to like?
You can't be serious. This is Turn 2 at Darlington, the most notorious corner of the most notorious racetrack in Nascar. It's not Talladega. It's not Fontana or Atlanta or any other racetrack with three viable lanes. Harvick is *behind* Chastain, who is *leading* the race and *passing* a lapper. And Harvick decides to make it three wide at the exit of Turn 2 Darlington.

That is not a veteran move... that is a guaranteed wreck. And the pit road demonstration and the TV tantrum were typical classless Yap Yap stuff. #Harvicking.

Geez, you're just beating up on your own guy tonight.
You've made a whole series of posts defending your guy completely without regard to facts plainly visible in the replays. Nobody wants to hear or cares about defenses that ignore the facts.

Last edited:
Allgaier gained 4 points on Sadler, Custer with a second place in the race moves into third and Bell fell from 2nd to 4th. Who needs a playoff.

upload_2018-9-2_3-27-0.png

You can't be serious. This is Turn 2 at Darlington, the most notorious corner of the most notorious racetrack in Nascar. It's not Talladega. It's not Fontana or Atlanta or any other racetrack with three viable lanes. Harvick is *behind* Chastain, who is *leading* the race and *passing* a lapper. And Harvick decides to make it three wide at the exit of Turn 2 Darlington.

That is not a veteran move... that is a guaranteed wreck. And the pit road demonstration and the TV tantrum were typical classless Yap Yap stuff. #Harvicking.

You've made a whole series of posts defending your guy completely without regard to facts plainly visible in the replays. Nobody wants to hear or cares about defenses that ignore the facts.
Blah blah blah...

1. Just a hard racing accident to me, perfect for someone with a bias to define it as desired (disclosure:I am a Harvick fan).
I thought Harvick did a good job of setting up the pass. I also think that Chastain tried to over compensate by pinching off Harvick and killing his momentum. The initial contact was closer to the appex of the corner than the exit.
2. I don't know if Chastain intentionally clipped him or not, it looked intentional to me. His frustration is easily understood, there was much more at stake for him. It was a more forgivable reaction based on the timing and context, imo.

3. Harvick stopping in Chastain's pit stall should get some discipline. It is more of contrived premeditated response that he has used at other times. There are two things you don't do imo, you don't go looking for a fight at someone's hauler or pit stall. That is trespassing imo.

4. Harvick comments about the wreck was what one would expect from him. I think they were unfair, Chastain definitely proved he was worthy of the opportunity. Harvick may never admit that his comment was wrong but I think he knows better.

...that will likely never be in a quality racecar.
When do you suppose Harvick and Chastain will see each other again on the same racetrack?
This afternoon. :D Although I doubt Harv gives it a second though after he's passed the #15 for the third or fourth time.

Back
Top Bottom