XXII Winter Olympics

My personal favorite. Looks safe enough to me. Although I think some of these might be fakes but funny none the less.

BfyYK74CEAE_lFN.jpg

They've been poisoning stray dogs on the streets of Sochi during the lead up to the Olympics. Apparently, most of the strays came from families that were forced to move because of the construction of Olympic facilities.

nbc's bob costas starts off tonite w/ eye infection...back ta big thick glasses.

don't look promisin fer nbc ! ha!

nor their planned lgbt propoganda project.

Last edited:
LOL someone already tried to hijack a plane bound to Sochi.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/w...bound-plane-reported.html?hpw&rref=world&_r=0

If that's not enough the opening ceremonies had a few glitches when one of the rings malfunction.

SOCHI, Russia -- Russia's Winter Games got off to a shaky start on Friday when one of the five Olympic rings failed, but ballet dancers, stirring music and huge mechanical props tracing the host nation's history propelled the opening ceremony forward.

Only four of the five giant Olympic rings unfurled from snowflake-shaped structures suspended from the roof of the 40,000-capacity Fisht Stadium in Sochi, meaning the famous symbol could not be illuminated with fireworks as planned.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-olympics-opening-ceremony-20140207,0,716477.story

They've been poisoning stray dogs on the streets of Sochi during the lead up to the Olympics. Apparently, most of the strays came from families that were forced to move because of the construction of Olympic facilities.

Relocated to an empty building partially covered up by tarps or detained in prison cells. Ain't Russia great?

I tried watching the opening ceremonies but they keep speaking in Russian. Good idea, lets televised something in a foreign language no one will understand other than say..........RUSSIA.

Bob Costas doing his best to translate. lol

betcha putin had private interview w/ that opra singer ! ha!

side by side twizzle sequence....my new favorite term from whatever the hell the difference is between ice dancing and figure skating.

Cross country skiing has got to be about the most boring Olympic sport to watch.
Wait, I just found a more boring event. The biathlon. Cross country skiing, combined with guys lying down to shoot at a target. zzzzzzzzz

If anyone wants to know why I'm not watching this Winter's Olympic, this is why.

**** The International OIympics Committee for giving Russia the games, **** Sochi and **** Russia.

My youngest daughter has me watching figure skating and snowboarding with her. Some of the figure skating has been pretty impressive, although the judging has been pretty screwy as usual. The Russians are being given much higher scored than they are earning. That happens in every Olympics though, so it's not really surprising. The home crowd responds very well to whatever the home skater does and it influences the judges, among other factors.

Wait, I just found a more boring event. The biathlon. Cross country skiing, combined with guys lying down to shoot at a target. zzzzzzzzz
I don't know, looks pretty hard to me, and easy to follow. They have to shoot standing AND lying down; from the prone position, the target is 1.8" diameter. They have to do an extra lap for every one (out of 5) they miss.
No stick or ball; I wonder if Andy likes it? Maybe 'cause they be SHOOTIN' STUFF!

I don't know, looks pretty hard to me, and easy to follow. They have to shoot standing AND lying down; from the prone position, the target is 1.8" diameter. They have to do an extra lap for every one (out of 5) they miss.
No stick or ball; I wonder if Andy likes it? Maybe 'cause they be SHOOTIN' STUFF!
So take the boringness of cross country skiing, stop, shoot once, then lie down and shoot. Can't think of anything more boring to watch. I'm sure it is hard, but growing a good lawn of grass is hard too, and that's boring to watch as well.

NBC should be ashamed for not having Johnny Weir and Tara Lupinsky host the primetime figure skating broadcast. He's their DW.
4Lb2XRh.jpg

NBC should be ashamed for not having Johnny Weir and Tara Lupinsky host the primetime figure skating broadcast. He's their DW.
4Lb2XRh.jpg
Do you think that the one on the right is starved for attention maybe?

Back
Top Bottom