XXII Winter Olympics

Bodine has the 4 man, called Night Train 2 and Night Train 1 and #2 will be second down the hill because it is second in the world cup behind the Germans. BMW north America is the U.S. sled team sponsor and they made the two person sled and it finished 1st in the world cup standings men and second in the women's category..so the U.S. should be competitive. Bodine's bunch is going for their second gold.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-30/bmw-designs-ultimate-bobsled-for-team-usa
http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ine-seeks-another-4-man-bobsled-gold/5298777/

Short track is pretty awesome. Closest thing there is to short track auto racing. Slide jobs, dude getting up to the high side, spin outs. It's pretty damn exciting to watch.

yeah--good stuff ! most watched event in usa i think they said earlier ?

my ole knees actually hurt.....watchin this mogul stuff tho ! ha!

Short track is pretty awesome. Closest thing there is to short track auto racing. Slide jobs, dude getting up to the high side, spin outs. It's pretty damn exciting to watch.
My favorite part of the Games, just ahead of men's hockey. The shorter the distance the better.

It looks like my girl Kelli Stack (from my neck of the woods) and the US Women's Hockey Team are doing well. She is scoring goals and they are cruising into a showdown with Team Canada on Wednesday morning. I'm sure they will meet them again in the finals.

kellisstack.jpg

It looks like my girl Kelli Stack (from my neck of the woods) and the US Women's Hockey Team are doing well. She is scoring goals and they are cruising into a showdown with Team Canada on Wednesday morning. I'm sure they will meet them again in the finals.

kellisstack.jpg
She can't be a hockey player, she has all of her teeth.

I know they can control them somehow (but I don't know how), but the luge just looks like your along for the ride.

I know they can control them somehow (but I don't know how), but the luge just looks like your along for the ride.
I think they put pressure on the blades it the front with their feet and when they roll their shoulders

I wonder if they are going to run the bob sleds on the same track, it looks like it would be really tight.

Curling....That's THE sport!
I absolutely love watching curling. The USA teams aren't doing well at all though, with the women being hammered 12-3 today.

The Russian womens curling team, though, is 100% hot. And the Chinese women's team has an America (or possibly Canadian) coach.

Matt Lauer: "We welcome you live from the International Olympic Broadcast Center in Sochi" aka NBC Sports International Broadcast Center in Connecticut.

It was on the TV while I was looking for my remote so I could flip over to the dog show... since WSLS is the only channel that had a 7pm newscast.
So in other words, it was the last thing you were watching when you turned the TV off, and when you turned the TV back on, there it was. :rolleyes:

kellisstack.jpg
I'm thinking the USA/Canada women will put on as good a show in hockey as they did in the 2012 soccer semifinal.

Tina Maze (Slovenia) and Dominique Gisin (Switzerland) tied for the gold medal in women's downhill, the first time an Olympic alpine ski race ended in a tie for the gold.

IqOngo5.gif

82a9ef39-dfa9-48aa-9ae2-9c565c85028b_siljie.jpeg

Does anyone know how to pronounce "Siljie". She is from Norway and does one the Snow Sports.

View attachment 11452

Does anyone know how to pronounce "Siljie". She is from Norway and does one the Snow Sports.
Oh yeah, she is smoking hot. I was watching the Slopestyle Snowboarding (I'm pretty sure it was) and when she took off her goggles at the end of her run I was like "well, hello there my new favorite in this event".

Back
Top Bottom