XXII Winter Olympics

A lot better than looking at Bob Costas' conjunctivitis.
I feel ya there. They should just play a slide show of pics of her in various settings along with his voice when he is talking for the rest of the games. That would be pretty good. I would actually not fast forward through the parts where he is talking then.

I missed the game, dammit. Sounds like it was one hell of a game though, ending with the USA winning ins a shootout.

Bobsledding. They got Lee Diffie calling the action, which is a good thing. But the dude alongside him sounds like he should be calling UFC or something.

Twizzles?? What the hell are Twizzles? I thought that was the little red licorice ropes.:idunno:

That was awesome. It would have been even more awesome if ESPN hadn't ruined it for me by running the result along the bottom of the screen while I was watching Around The Horn yesterday. That was the single biggest event I've cared about up until the gold is decided in women's hockey and ESPN had to just piss on it for me.

That was awesome. It would have been even more awesome if ESPN hadn't ruined it for me by running the result along the bottom of the screen while I was watching Around The Horn yesterday. That was the single biggest event I've cared about up until the gold is decided in women's hockey and ESPN had to just piss on it for me.

I blame NBC. It's impossible to avoid Olympic spoilers in the year 2014. This 12-18 hour delay nonsense should've ended in 2008.

One hell of a finish to the Norway/Great Britain curling match. It was a tie-break to determine which team went on to the playoff rounds, and GB came through with a perfect shot, not unlike a walk-off home run at the bottom of the ninth inning with two outs.

No, the refs screwed it up. The announcers even said the "penalty" that offset the power play advantage wasn't a penalty and hadn't been called during the whole tournament.
Guess they screwed up on the breakaway penalty too huh? :sarcasm:

Should've been a penalty shot. Wouldn't have happened if the US got to keep the Power Play advantage they should've kept.
I'll give you that.
Maybe I dont watch enough hockey anymore but I was surprised at the amount of penalties called in OT.....even the first one giving the US the PP. I have a feeling thats why the US got that on for hacking at the goalie pads to even it back up.

With so much on the line the penalty is fatal.

I'll give you that.
Maybe I dont watch enough hockey anymore but I was surprised at the amount of penalties called in OT.....even the first one giving the US the PP. I have a feeling thats why the US got that on for hacking at the goalie pads to even it back up.

With so much on the line the penalty is fatal.

I don't enjoy games being decided based on penalties. I'm not sure how neutral the refs have been in the entire tournament but they sure weren't neutral in that OT period. The U.S. women were dominating that OT period and were going to win until the refs regulated them right out of the game.

Back
Top Bottom