Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2013 edition

Hey, just to get back on track here.....

Currently @ 41 players.

Link to join game.

If needed.....

Group ID#: 526
Password: daytona2013

If this doesn't work for you please IM me your email address and I can send you a direct invitation.

It! Has a personal name ....I just don't know it, but I prefer to call her Applelina which incorporates thee Crylliac qualities of Eastern Europe females and the Latin language qualities used by Latino women (feminine names ending with INA).

She just calls me Gregory Appleseed, obviously that works for me, it is more of a mental/spiritual consummation than a physical one. Thankfully I am not shallow and can appreciate the wonderful times with her. After all Applelina lives in a glass house, so I usually just spank Droidalina's Kevlar backside for physical stimulations.
BURP

Check your inbox on the Yahoo site .They send you a heads up before each race giving you the deadlines for both.
I have an inbox? I joined Yahoo just for this league, and so far haven't look around the site any further than necessary to play.

No big deal. Now that the entry list is out, I was able to do my statistical analysis and select my team. Daytona is the only deadline that worried me. I didn't know if we had to fill out our team before Sunday's pole qualifying or if we had until Thursday's Duels. The rest of the schedule has 'normal' qualifying and won't be a problem.

Feel better?

Team list.

Player List.jpg

Currently @ 41 players.

Link to join game.

If needed.....

Group ID#: 526
Password: daytona2013

If this doesn't work for you please IM me your email address and I can send you a direct invitation.

Deadline is right before the race Feb 24th.

Usually there's a deadline before qualifying. But not for the 500?

So the duals don't even matter?

I'm a little confused, y'all. :confused: Am I right in my assumption that my bench gets points for qualifying and my Starters get points based on their finishes? Or does the game not work that way?

If I'm right about the above, since there are no qualifying points this weekend, do benches not count this weekend?

I'm a little confused, y'all. :confused: Am I right in my assumption that my bench gets points for qualifying and my Starters get points based on their finishes? Or does the game not work that way?

If I'm right about the above, since there are no qualifying points this weekend, do benches not count this weekend?

You got it.

Ok Folks. This is official. This game is on. And yes. I'm 8 labbatt beers into it.

DP lock and load. I'm not loafing like I did last yar.

I'm getting XM radio, and every time I make a pick, I'm going to be thinking about kicking your black hat ass......

In all seriusness, Im serius

Just made my picks for the first time in this game! :cool: Who's ready for me to kick their @$$? Nobody? Good, because I'll probably fail miserably...

dpk seems to be busy lately doing research for this big competition. All that bragging got him nervous about falling short. ;)
Yeah, I'm still working on this years strategy. I'm not sure yet if I want to lead this season wire to wire or play the come from behind approach.
idunno.gif
Last year I played the wire to wire method but that tends to scare players off. I'm thinking maybe I'll take a more subtle approach, lay back and allow others to gain confidence, only to crush their hopes in the end.
gimme.gif
That way perhaps MOEJOE can win a segment again. That seemed to have been a pretty big deal to him.
loser.gif

Yeah, I'm still working on this years strategy. I'm not sure yet if I want to lead this season wire to wire or play the come from behind approach.
idunno.gif
Last year I played the wire to wire method but that tends to scare players off. I'm thinking maybe I'll take a more subtle approach, lay back and allow others to gain confidence, only to crush their hopes in the end.
gimme.gif
That way perhaps MOEJOE can win a segment again. That seemed to have been a pretty big deal to him.
loser.gif

dpk is an evil genius. To prove it, I'm posting his very own RV park pre-race ceremony.

idunno.gif
gimme.gif
loser.gif
Good pregame 'cover your ass' comment just in case you start falling on said ass early in the game.

1. Am I correct to assume you can pick a starting driver 9 (total) times for the entire season.
2. The bench are they just for qualifying, and does your starting have to be one of your bench drivers.
3. Do or can you reset your starters and bench drivers every week.

1. Am I correct to assume you can pick a starting driver 9 (total) times for the entire season.
2. The bench are they just for qualifying, and does your starting have to be one of your bench drivers.
3. Do or can you reset your starters and bench drivers every week.
Yes, you can only start a driver a total of 9 times and can only collect race points off of them when activated.

You can collect qualifying points off of either you bench drivers or active drivers except Daytona.

You can swap out all of your drivers ever single week after a race up until the deadline. Once you've reached the deadline you can only move drivers between the bench and active up until the race deadline, normally a few minutes before the green flag.

When activated? What does this mean?

When you choose them as your starter, as opposed to getting Q points when they are on your bench. The bench is where some strategy comes in. You may pick your starter based on race results at that track, and your bench driver on qualifying results. If your starter has to go to the back or has a slow car during qualifying, your only choice would be to switch with that bench driver who got you Q points but perhaps isn't very good at racing at that track.

When you choose them as your starter, as opposed to getting Q points when they are on your bench. The bench is where some strategy comes in. You may pick your starter based on race results at that track, and your bench driver on qualifying results. If your starter has to go to the back or has a slow car during qualifying, your only choice would be to switch with that bench driver who got you Q points but perhaps isn't very good at racing at that track.

Just when I thought I had figured this game out, I read this post and get confused. If your bench gets you qualifying points and your starter gets you finishing points, why would you switch your bench and starter if your starter has a poor qualifying run?

Just when I thought I had figured this game out, I read this post and get confused. If your bench gets you qualifying points and your starter gets you finishing points, why would you switch your bench and starter if your starter has a poor qualifying run?
It's very simple.

You get qualifying points from any of the eight drivers that you have chosen.

You only get race points from your active drivers.

I guess I'll wait until after Daytona to figure out how this works. The more I read, the more confused I get. Thanks for trying FB and DPK.

I guess I'll wait until after Daytona to figure out how this works. The more I read, the more confused I get. Thanks for trying FB and DPK.
I really don't want anyone to be confused on this. PM any questions that you have, I'll be more than happy to help you out. Every week is important. I have to go for a little while but I'll be back later.

He may wreck in final practice and the backup is crap, or he gets sent to the back at a track where getting to the front is risky business. Then again, I think too much and shoot my feet off, so forget everything I said on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom