Youtube TV and NASCAR

I wonder if your data costs are more or less than the cost of internet / wifi at home?

Not sure as I've never checked to see how much home internet would me be but I'm satisfied by what I have now. Have unlimited data on my phone for only $45 a month so it does the job. Not a fancy Iphone either, just a cheap Alcatel that I can drop 100 times and not have to worry about it breaking.

I almost was ready to tell the wife to jump to YouTube TV, we already pay for YouTube Red, so for $20 extra dollars we could have the TV postion. I love everything about it, but no Nick Jr. So I am out.

I currently have ps vue and it's a decent service. I do have a few frustrations but overall, its good and a bit better than sling. This YouTube tv looks to be the best of them all. I'll likely switch when it's available. I hadn't seen it yet so thanks @ChexOrWrex for bringing it up.

PS Vue has since added a few more pacakages. They have a sports package for 15 bucks.

But their lower package which is 40 dollars already has ESPN 1 and 2, FS1 and 2 and MSNBC.

Pretty impressive. When I had cable I didn't get FS2 while paying 150+ every month.

I currently have ps vue and it's a decent service. I do have a few frustrations but overall, its good and a bit better than sling. This YouTube tv looks to be the best of them all. I'll likely switch when it's available. I hadn't seen it yet so thanks @ChexOrWrex for bringing it up.
Make sure to sign up for an email notification when its available in your zip!

Make sure to sign up for an email notification when its available in your zip!
Yeah, I did. I was wondering, have you read or heard, is the service like YouTube red where there's no extra ads or will there be the typical YouTube ads during live TV or YouTube red shows? From some comments I saw, it looks like you get access to the red programming but there will be ads.

Yeah, I did. I was wondering, have you read or heard, is the service like YouTube red where there's no extra ads or will there be the typical YouTube ads during live TV or YouTube red shows? From some comments I saw, it looks like you get access to the red programming but there will be ads.
Your guess is as good as mine

While on the subject of Youtube and NASCAR, Youtube is my current NASCAR destination since they have started live streaming. I simply watch the last 30 or so laps of the race and only use no more than a gig of data.

When more providers are allowed to compete
I guess I'm pretty lucky where I live.

I have a few options for internet.....

Centurylink is available where I live. I had a DSL line through them for years. I thought it was a pretty good connection until cable internet became available where I live. I switched to that when Centurylink couldn't provide me with their advertised internet speed. On cable internet my connection is lightning fast. My other option would be to use a satellite service of some kind. That's something I'd consider if the other two weren't available.

I use the firestick and have playstation vue
good thing for me I get all the channels I need plus local comcast sports net so I can see all the flyers and phillies games
35$ a month and have a nice leaf antenna for all the local channels
I recommend for any internet base tv service you have atleast a 15MPS connection

How does Google/Youtube obtain the content? Do they negotiate a contract with each network?

Amazon Fire Stick with Playstation Vue for 34 bucks I get to watch all the sports I want and even phillies and flyers games.

Amazon Fire Stick with Playstation Vue for 34 bucks I get to watch all the sports I want and even phillies and flyers games.
Lucky guy on that side of the great state of Pennsylvania. Over here, on the better side..... Playstation Vue does not offer Root Sports Pittsburgh, which is the broadcast channel of the Pirates & Penguins.

I'm currently exploring the world of Kodi to see if the sport channels offer our local feeds. If they do, I may move over to Kodi exclusively through the Amazon Firestick.. It's free and everything else I want is available.

I'm currently exploring the world of Kodi to see if the sport channels offer our local feeds
I have an ARNU box that runs on Kodi. There is so much stuff on their I can't find my butt with either hand. I will need to get my grand children here for a few days to show me.:dunce:

I ended up my cord cutting search with Amazon TV and Playstation Vue and so far everything is looking good as my cloud DVR is populating as we speak. I need to see if some sort of programming similar to NHL Center Ice is available and I am unsure of what I will do about the loss of NFL Sunday Ticket as I can't miss Carson Wentz and the rest of my Iggles games.

I have an ARNU box that runs on Kodi. There is so much stuff on their I can't find my butt with either hand. I will need to get my grand children here for a few days to show me.:dunce:

With Playstation Vue I only get 1 local station (CBS) so I will need to figure out where to stream the race from this week. I need a crack team of 6 year old's to come in and get everything taken care of for me.

Lucky guy on that side of the great state of Pennsylvania. Over here, on the better side..... Playstation Vue does not offer Root Sports Pittsburgh, which is the broadcast channel of the Pirates & Penguins.

I'm currently exploring the world of Kodi to see if the sport channels offer our local feeds. If they do, I may move over to Kodi exclusively through the Amazon Firestick.. It's free and everything else I want is available.

Let us know what your search turns up, please.

I ended up my cord cutting search with Amazon TV and Playstation Vue and so far everything is looking good as my cloud DVR is populating as we speak. I need to see if some sort of programming similar to NHL Center Ice is available and I am unsure of what I will do about the loss of NFL Sunday Ticket as I can't miss Carson Wentz and the rest of my Iggles games.
I'm just starting to research those NHL games. I looked at the schedule of games for yesterday and compared it too what was available through Kodi. I didn't see a game that was missing from the lineup. Again, free through Kodi.

I'm just starting to research those NHL games. I looked at the schedule of games for yesterday and compared it too what was available through Kodi. I didn't see a game that was missing from the lineup. Again, free through Kodi.

Thanks for the tip!

I've seen you mention that ARNU box before. I am not familiar with that setup. I will have to check it out.

These cord cutter options keep coming. When will cheaper Internet options start hitting the market???
In a few years there will be no more cable networks and satellite will follow soon after that. All it takes is for a few laws that are currently being changed to come into effect. The time is depended on how much bribe money is being paid.

I just looked up instruction on how to install Kodi on Amazon TV so I am going to give it a try or get someone in that knows what they are doing to make it happen.

Kodi is free for a reason. Lots of bad quality streams on there. And the ones you do get to find that are HD aren't always there and often get taken offline.

I just looked up instruction on how to install Kodi on Amazon TV so I am going to give it a try or get someone in that knows what they are doing to make it happen.
I just did this yesterday for the first time. I probably used about three different videos for the install. There are a few steps. I'd suggest looking at ones that have been posted more recently, as in the past month or so. It seems that the process has evolved over time. When I am back in front of my own PC tomorrow, I can send you links to the videos that I used. No single one of them was exactly like my particular install.

I will tell you that there is a ton of stuff to explore once you have it installed. You'll have fun with it.

Kodi is free for a reason. Lots of bad quality streams on there. And the ones you do get to find that are HD aren't always there and often get taken offline.
I'm sure that's true but there are a lot of good quality streams there as well. I tuned into a few movies yesterday while doing some exploring. It seems that there are several links to the same content. Some work, some don't. Some are better than others. I guess I'm getting what I'm paying for.

How much does your internet cost? I'm struggling to see how there is all that much savings? Having 3 or 4 linked "services" to get what one cable bundle provides seems cumbersome to me? Say $40-50 for internet, then 35-45 for Vue or Youtube TV , ETC...it all seems to me to add up to close to same cost as cable?

Yes Kodi works great also for sports thats where I watch the UFC fights just not all in HD but hey better then nothing right.

How much does your internet cost? I'm struggling to see how there is all that much savings? Having 3 or 4 linked "services" to get what one cable bundle provides seems cumbersome to me? Say $40-50 for internet, then 35-45 for Vue or Youtube TV , ETC...it all seems to me to add up to close to same cost as cable?
for cable and internet (100Megs) I was paying 160 now with 60 meg service and vue and even netflix I pay 100
so it was worth it to me.

With Playstation Vue I only get 1 local station (CBS) so I will need to figure out where to stream the race from this week. I need a crack team of 6 year old's to come in and get everything taken care of for me.
I'm not sure where you are or what's available to you but, you can get an antenna for the locals. Free, except the cost of the antenna. Also, you probably have access to the race through some app or whatever network it is streaming service. Vue let's you use many network's apps and online streaming options. I'll check and see if I'm going to be able to watch and get back to you.

I just did this yesterday for the first time. I probably used about three different videos for the install. There are a few steps. I'd suggest looking at ones that have been posted more recently, as in the past month or so. It seems that the process has evolved over time. When I am back in front of my own PC tomorrow, I can send you links to the videos that I used. No single one of them was exactly like my particular install.

I will tell you that there is a ton of stuff to explore once you have it installed. You'll have fun with it.

Thanks a bunch. I have been fiddling with Kodi on an old laptop and am just at the Exodus install right now.

Back
Top Bottom