2016 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

Weather is ****** until tomorrow night it seems.

KodiakRusty89 said:
For the sake of those attending hopefully not. A Sunday afternoon race should allow those in attendance some extra travel time to get back home. A Sunday night race would likely create a logistical nightmare for a lot of people....
I know

I'm going to be doing a lot of weather watching tomorrow. If the weather looks reasonable I'm going to head up to Pocono after work. If not then I'll head home to watch Bristol if that seems like it's going to start at 1. If both things looked doomed then??.....

All I know is this rainout should mean Michigan is in the clear next week. My plan is to be there...

NASCAR can get this in if they wait till about 1245 no reason not too since they've waited this long

Yeah, I was thinking about an hour for the rain to stop then another 30-45 minutes to dry the track. No reason to wait since they've already waited this long.

The radar is showing about another hour of rain, which means the race could start at about 1:30 Bristol time at the earliest (assuming 30 minutes of drying).

That's about two hours after the start of the summer Daytona race I attended last year. I'm glad NASCAR held the race that night so I could watch, but I can't shame them for postponing tonight's race.

(Note to others: This is a reply to two posts in the race thread that was just locked.)

Well looks like I made the right choice with going to my club meeting tonight, didnt miss any racing lol

Looks pretty sketchy for a 1 pm start. Could be a long afternoon. Hopefully those that stay see a great race!

Note: All times are ET

SUNDAY, AUG. 21:

ON TRACK

-- 1 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race (500 laps, 266.5 miles), CNBC (Follow live) (Race originally was scheduled for Saturday night, moved due to weather)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
-- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series post-race press conference

Might still get the night race after all.....

CqXOwU0UEAAZQW0.jpg:large

From @NASCAR_WXMAN

The race was rescheduled for 1 p.m. EDT Sunday afternoon and it will be aired on CNBC but Mother Nature is not done with rain in eastern Tennessee. Unlike the forecast this whole week where heat and humidity led to stray and scattered showers and storms, a cold front will be swinging through the state bringing more rain and storms Sunday afternoon. The front will work across eastern Tennessee between Midday into the middle afternoon, right around the time NASCAR wants to pick up Saturday night's race. These showers and storms could be more numerous with fewer breaks that what we had most of the week. Once the front moves through between 4 and 6 p.m. EDT then skies will clear and we will dry out. This looks more like a Sunday evening race than a Sunday afternoon race.

Odds of racing at 1 pm Sunday is around 40 percent with a likely delay due to rain and storms. Odds of racing late Sunday afternoon/early evening is around 80 percent once the cold front clears the area. The timing will come down to when the front pushes through and clears out of the area. Temperatures will be in the middle to upper 70s

Its currently cloudy at Bristol, no rain & has been all morning.

NASCAR decides to start the race at 1, which is exactly when rain is scheduled to move in.

Why not schedule the race to start at 10am?

Rodney Childers ‏@RodneyChilders4 22m22 minutes ago
Rodney Childers Retweeted po farmer
They are going to allow us to change the air filter after we drove them around in the monsoon.. That's all.

Its currently cloudy at Bristol, no rain & has been all morning.

NASCAR decides to start the race at 1, which is exactly when rain is scheduled to move in.

Why not schedule the race to start at 10am?

I gave NASCAR credit for trying to get the race in last night, but this is stupid. NASCAR almost always starts races in the morning following a rainout in my memory (Monday Night Daytona 500 excepted). This makes it harder for fans to stay and apparently more likely to be rained out again..

Can we make a sacrifice to the racing gods? I have some ideas
spy.gif

With climate change there will be many more rain delays in the upcoming years

Looking at the radar I'd say another 3 hours or so. I'd guess a 5 pm green flag....

Back
Top Bottom