All stories about Smoke

Man this sucks, AI've become a huge Tony fan, the team seemed to be clicking. now his title hopes are over..

I believe I was reading where Papis was testing a SHR car last week or so, that would be a pretty good choice for this weekend at watkins glen. As far as the rest, Allmendinger would be a pretty good choice.

I wish everyone would quit telling the guy what he should do and just wish him well...the guy broke his leg which is a pretty serious injury! Not a fan of him at all...but hope he has a quick recovery...

I think for at the glen, they'll find a ringer, then after that. make a decison. I would think you'd want some stablity.

I wish everyone would quit telling the guy what he should do and just wish him well...the guy broke his leg which is a pretty serious injury! Not a fan of him at all...but hope he has a quick recovery...

I agree with this 100%.

So he is out for 6 sundays? Obviously I would wish injury on no one whatsoever, but I dont know if it is a coneincidence that two of the biggest assholes in sprint cup have gotton injured this year (Hamlin and Stewart). Theres a little something called karma.

Also this COULD not be a huge loss for SHR as a whole -- this could enable Newman to make the chase.

I think it will be Regan Smith or Austin Dillon. I wouldn't mind seeing the Dinger get a shot at it though. Considering how well he did in a similar capacity last year, I would bet that Smith is the front runner at this point.

I put all these together and "stuck" them. Keep all the news about Tony in one place --- rather than multiple threads.

Sure hope he heals quickly. Although, I can attest, the older the body, the slower to heal.

I think it will be Regan Smith or Austin Dillon. I wouldn't mind seeing the Dinger get a shot at it though. Considering how well he did in a similar capacity last year, I would bet that Smith is the front runner at this point.

I would go with Dinger cause he doesnt have Nationwide commitments.

When Kyle Petty broke his leg at Talladega in '91, he was out for months. There's a good chance Tony won't be back for quite a while.

When Kyle Petty broke his leg at Talladega in '91, he was out for months. There's a good chance Tony won't be back for quite a while.

Back for Daytona. Tony doesnt need to come back early with no shot to make the chase.

Back for Daytona. Tony doesnt need to come back early with no shot to make the chase.
Denny Hamlin did it. Obviously it didnt end well, but Stewart may think thats reason for him to do it.

He broke both bones, so I think 6 weeks minimum. If then he'll risk some real bad damage in a future wreck.

Then he'll be forgotten during the chase. No matter how you slice things, OD and OS lost big time here.
I guess. That is if you assume that he was going to make the Chase to begin with. There sure weren't any guarantees on that.

Time will tell on the Mobil 1 and Bass Pro sponsors. Mobil 1 is signed through the end of this year. I don't know how long the Bass Pro sponsorship is for. Next year, we'll see when he's running that dirt car again if these two have a problem with it. Until then, or until they come out with some sort of an announcement, it's nothing more than speculation.

I guess. That is if you assume that he was going to make the Chase to begin with. There sure weren't any guarantees on that.

Time will tell on the Mobil 1 and Bass Pro sponsors. Mobil 1 is signed through the end of this year. I don't know how long the Bass Pro sponsorship is for. Next year, we'll see when he's running that dirt car again if these two have a problem with it. Until then, or until they come out with some sort of an announcement, it's nothing more than speculation.

Yep. Saying he'll be back in a dirt race during the nascar season or he won't is all pure speculation. You have a problem with that? ;)

I would go with Dinger cause he doesnt have Nationwide commitments.

I would too, and I think he could actually make some noise too. I just feel Smith is the easy and safe choice being that he's already aligned with HMS. Should be interesting to see.

I heard these two will be replacing Tony and his CC this weekend.. LOL
burgerrandy.png

Really? You're comparing what KB does to a guys that jumps in a 410 sprint against the best sprint car drivers in the world? Apples and oranges.
I don't think it's such a far fetched comparison. Cup guy comes down to a lower series with a budget that probably dwarfs that of the regulars, the justification for him being there is that it draws more fans, sound familiar? Besides, a lot of Kyle's NW cakewalks have had plenty of Cup guys in the field, so he's beat some of the best as well.

All that aside, I do wish Tony a speedy recovery.

I don't see any people upset with Kyle Larson running in the same race.

I suspect most people look at Tony and see a 3 time Cup champion who has done it all and doesn't have anything left to prove. While that may be true, it completely disregards the most basic and core reason why these guys do what they do. Its the desire to compete and race, it's not about money or fame, Tony already has enough of both. I for one think that he worked very hard and won a lot of races to get to where he is and he has earned the right to do whatever he wants. He's a racer and that what he wants to do so be it.

I don't think it's such a far fetched comparison. Cup guy comes down to a lower series with a budget that probably dwarfs that of the regulars, the justification for him being there is that it draws more fans, sound familiar? Besides, a lot of Kyle's NW cakewalks have had plenty of Cup guys in the field, so he's beat some of the best as well.

All that aside, I do wish Tony a speedy recovery.
If anything Id say Tony going to dirt race is worse than Kyle going to Nationwide. I have no problem with either of them doing that but for those who do... to think Kyle is worse for that is just asinine lol

Back
Top Bottom