Keselowski and Stewart Fined

I hear ya, but I think that what happened and the resulting conversation have both been pretty entertaining. We haven't seen a good dustup like this since Gordon and Bowyer in 2012.

I for one am happy Kez didn't hide in the hauler restroom like Gordon did. Good stuff between the haulers.

Lol

Gordon docked 25 points and fined $100,000 for his stupidity at Phoenix.

Keselowski tries to take out everyone in the garage gets 0 points and $50,000.

Pathetic. At least Gordon's was on track.

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm
Kenseth & Hamlin realize precedent, high-five, snap shifters off, chase Keselowski through town swinging them while doing Tarzan yells.

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm
Being placed on probation is supposed to be this terrible thing but winds up being meaningless. It's the motorsports equivalent of cooties.

Marty Smith ‏@MartySmithESPN
I get that Stewart used his car to make his point. 100% I get it. But where were the most innocent bystanders in danger? Not at pit entry.

Lol

Gordon docked 25 points and fined $100,000 for his stupidity at Phoenix.

Keselowski tries to take out everyone in the garage gets 0 points and $50,000.

Pathetic. At least Gordon's was on track.

Well, it wasn't that dramatic. Gordon took out a chase contender for a slight rub. Over reaction, just like TS.

Those penalties are BS. Gordon got a $100,000 fine and 25 points taken away after he wrecked Bowyer. Keselowski wrecked 3 cars after the race and endangered countless people on pit road and in the garage area and he gets half the penalty Gordon got and no points taken away? I think NASCAR is trying to create fake Chase drama because Keselowski can still make it in on points and if he got a points penalty he wouldn't be able to make the next round on points anymore. What a joke. I hope Keselowski doesn't make the next round.

In My Opinion that was a dipsheet penalty. It should have cost BK at least 25 points. He was the instigator and was the one endangering other people.

I think the 'instigator rule ' is a hockey term . ( Or perhaps a Florida Gator rule ) :) .. ...too passive aggressive ?

In My Opinion that was a dipsheet penalty. It should have cost BK at least 25 points. He was the instigator and was the one endangering other people.
johali-fishing.gif

Well, it wasn't that dramatic. Gordon took out a chase contender for a slight rub. Over reaction, just like TS.

I'm not trying to defend what Gordon did. I'm happy he did it. Bowyer was constantly "accidentally" getting into him. So he finished it right there. Right or wrong, agree or disagree. That stopped everything. Have you seen any Gordon/Bowyer moments since?

Did he deserve his penalty? Hell yeah. He probably should have been parked for the last race too.

But the idea that Keselowski didn't even get half the penalty Gordon got just shows how little of a spine NASCAR has. Hopefully Kenseth or Hamlin take it into their own hands.

So, $50k is like what...what Kez makes in a day? :p

Just under $6.5 million so far this season

IMO...He should have been fined at min a $100k...And sent after the season for an Alcohol Assessment

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said before................ all drivers are not treated the same, I remember a certain driver that turned another guy under caution in the truck series and had to sit out a CUP race as well as a fine and points. What a load of horse droppings to bother fining Brad and Tony chump change and worse not to do ANYTHING to Denny.
Kenseth got out of breath for the first time in ten years, that was punishment enough for him :rolleyes:

Just under $6.5 million so far this season

IMO...He should have been fined at min a $100k...And sent after the season for an Alcohol Assessment
So basically, it's like someone who makes $65,000 a year getting a $500 fine. Seems a bit light.

I just hope Sundays race is great and we have some better to talk about. No snark intended the story has just dominated all of the real racing talking imo.

Saturday night was a mile and a half groaner, if this demo derby hadnt happened what would we be talking about right now ????
Harvick had best car like every race this year................ Harvick won .................... yawn :D

Saturday night was a mile and a half groaner, if this demo derby hadnt happened what would we be talking about right now ????
Harvick had best car like every race this year................ Harvick won .................... yawn :D
it is crazy what we moan and groan about

Really nuts to moan about Kenseth being boring then get upset with him for fighting . I hope Katie isn't reading this crap. :)

Im not mad at Mattie for hugging Brad and giving an interview when he was all out of breath, was someone else ? :D

From Jayski
These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised

Could be compromised?

Like I said before................ all drivers are not treated the same, I remember a certain driver that turned another guy under caution in the truck series and had to sit out a CUP race as well as a fine and points. What a load of horse droppings to bother fining Brad and Tony chump change and worse not to do ANYTHING to Denny.
Kenseth got out of breath for the first time in ten years, that was punishment enough for him :rolleyes:

Does every damn thing have to be about you and Kyle?

From Jayski
These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised

Could be compromised?

Seemed to me it was compromised by the 3 stooges.

Back
Top Bottom