Kevin Harvick pit crew swap

Negative reinforcement works. Every military in the world trains recruits with negative reinforcement. 75% of football coaches train people through negative reinforcement. If they want a boss who will coddle and hold them when they **** up they shouldn't work in big time stock car racing.

Right on with football coaches. I always thought he hated me, and lived to dish out of the punishment.

Coach =AHole

Lol At the haters in here. You're competing to win. It was past time for his crew to **** or get off the pot. There should be no tolerance for consistent subpar performance at that organization's level.

Apparently there are some who think Harvick should baby his crew and give them all participation trophies.

Harvick went to SHR to win a title. If he was okay finishing 3rd and 4th every year he'd stayed at RCR. You think the 48 would put up with sh#t like that? Nope.

Honestly, they're probably on equal footing. I bet a driver like Dillon, Larson, Chase Elliot would love to be able to drive for Stewart-Haas and learn from drivers like Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch and I think Mark Martin is working for that team as a coach. I mean let's not delude ourselves into thinking that Harvick is some irreplaceable golden boy. There's a reason NASCAR is a "right to work" company, because there's always someone willing to take over your ride. Whether it's be someone from Nationwide, Trucks, or K&N.

That Sounds great but get real, who really thinks Harvicks job is at any risk.
He has been the best they have this year, and RCR isn't as good without him.

He is their best shot at the title, he ain't going bye bye.

Harvick is probably Johnson's best competition this year. So thats why SP wants Harv gone from SHR :p

if that what it takes for Kevin to win a championship, have at it. I have been waiting a long time for him to win one. IMO he should have one already with RCR. it can't always be the pit crews fault, some times the driver has to carry the team. it can't always be the crew carrying the driver.

The only driver I can think of that carried his team to a championship recently was Tony Stewart.

I think Harvick has proven that he is one of those special drivers that make a team a contender and not the other way around.

Gordon is a class act, a lot nicer guy than Harvick.
But where has that got him in recent years, his crew was taken away and given to JJ when Hendrick thought that was his best shot at a title in 2010.

I think Harvick could tone it down a little. But it is a performance buisness and they probably would have been dumped for faster wrenches even if KH had been a nice guy about it all.

he had the best at RCR since day one and didn't get it done. the 31 made the same chase with RCR stull this year as he did with HMS stuff.

Ehh, they're trying to win a championship. It's whatever.

I, too, am curious to see what will happen if the new 4 crew does not perform to Harvick's satisfaction, though.

The only driver I can think of that carried his team to a championship recently was Tony Stewart.

Maybe but he doesn't carry as well without Grubb, and imo the biggest dumbass personal change in recent years was his firing.

Tony has suffered some bad misfortune the last two seasons. That will discount the loss of Grubb to many folks, but I think it was a damaging mistake that would have been hard to correct even without the other misfortune events.

Maybe but he doesn't carry as well without Grubb, and imo the biggest dumbass personal change in recent years was his firing.

Tony has suffered some bad misfortune the last two seasons. That will discount the loss of Grubb to many folks, but I think it was a damaging mistake that would have been hard to correct even without the other misfortune events.
that was what I was thinking, he hasn't done much since Grubb went to Gibbs. he already got rid of his replacement.

Is that what SHRUB's crew does to his?

Kyles guys love him, he may be a pain in the ass at times but a bully he aint. If JGR gave Kyle a raceable car once in a while the whole group would be happy as clams. Harv has the fastest stuff every week

Ehh, they're trying to win a championship. It's whatever.

I, too, am curious to see what will happen if the new 4 crew does not perform to Harvick's satisfaction, though.

He will still find a reason to be a d-bag bully, its his nature to be that way, the dude hits everything in front of him lately, everybody is scared of him

he had the best at RCR since day one and didn't get it done. the 31 made the same chase with RCR stull this year as he did with HMS stuff.

How many laps has the 31 led this year and how many for the 4 ?? The RCR stuff is worse than ever and so are the drivers IMO
I dislike Harvick with a passion but no-neck and cowhat cant hang with the bully

Come back to me when you have proof that Kevin Harvick signs their paychecks. Whoever signs the paycheck is the boss. Until you can prove that, Kevin Harvick is just a teammate (and a bad one at that) on that particular racing team.
that might be part of the problem, Harvick has been a team owner, and thinks he still is to a point. That is the song of the Harvick hecklers, they can't fault his record this year, and even one horse pony's can see that Harvick should have a better win/place record than he has if it wasn't for pit screw ups.

Penske let Kurt go because he was a pain in the ass, and didn't play well with others.
The last straw was when he was on one of his psycho rants at the crew chief and Roger got on the radio it was so bad. There was no way anybody should have to put up with that race after race. Harvick isn't even close to that level.

Harvick has 12 poles his whole cup career, 6 of them this year, he is driving harder this year then I have ever seen him drive. I don't think it is the car or his last team, this team or luck blah, blah, blah, It is Kevin's determination, I think the clock is ticking and the desire to win the whole thing is there. He has company sure, but he isn't going down easy.

I'm sure there's probably a few folks from the now old 4 team that are happy about the switch. My question is Tonys season hasn't been awesome by any means so what makes them think this will work? What if Harvick is eliminated B4 the final round, what do they change at that point? Guess we'll just have to wait N C.

I'm sure there's probably a few folks from the now old 4 team that are happy about the switch. My question is Tonys season hasn't been awesome by any means so what makes them think this will work? What if Harvick is eliminated B4 the final round, what do they change at that point? Guess we'll just have to wait N C.
15 will be eliminated before it is all over..wonder what they will change..probably not much.

How many laps has the 31 led this year and how many for the 4 ?? The RCR stuff is worse than ever and so are the drivers IMO
I dislike Harvick with a passion but no-neck and cowhat cant hang with the bully
I dunno, man. There's no debating Harvick's stellar runs this season - I'm with you on that - but as for RCR, Newman has run way better than I expected him to, and Menard's been pretty solid too. They're certainly no HMS or Penske, but they haven't been complete and utter junk.

Good move by SHR to make the move. The transition of moving the entire pit crew should be far seamless than to have swapped out individual crew members. I just hope his new crew can handle his next tirade. That's only one bad stop away.

I am not sure the "best of RCR" is saying much.... and out of the guys that started all the races this yr ~50% of them are in the chase so if you are brand name driver there is really no excuse to not be involved in the chase.

Another example of Tony's ego and hotheadedness getting the best of him....loooool

On SportsCenter, Harvick said his former over-the-wall crew will get good experience with 14 car, reiterated they will be back on 4 in 2015.

Translation..... Tony will bust their collective asses.

Here's a couple of the 14 team members when they learned they were moving to the 4 team.
images.jpg

"The Harv" is going to be the next Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few seasons ago I would have been onboard with you....Been a #3/#29 fan for the better part of 30 years....BUT...His childlike antics during his exit from RCR showed his true colors...KARMA would be a late race pit road speeding violation that ends his championship dreams..............

A few seasons ago I would have been onboard with you....Been a #3/#29 fan for the better part of 30 years....BUT...His childlike antics during his exit from RCR showed his true colors...KARMA would be a late race pit road speeding violation that ends his championship dreams..............
His antics were great last year... winning races and staying focused until Fall Martinsville rolled along..

Not on the same scale but.....

RPM makes pit crew switch to help boost the #43 team in the Chase

Stewart Haas Racing isn’t the only organization moving pit crew members around to get ready for the Chase. We are hearing rumors that the #9 of RPM is switching rear changer Kyle Power and jack man Kevin Wing over to the #43 of Aric Almirola. We can only assume that RPM would be making that switch to gain some experience in both positions. Both Power and Wing are considered veterans and have been in many key situations before. You can’t replace experience.

If you don’t think pit stops are going to play a major role in this years Chase then I think your wrong. Changes are being made all over and its all in an effort to give any team in the Chase the best possible opportunity to win. Every spot is important and pit road is a place where you can gain a few every caution.

Good luck to all the teams this weekend in Chicago.

from here

Harvick is essentially Chevy's version of Kyle Busch. Both Harvick fans and KyBu fans probably won't like that statement, but the two are actually quite similar. Both have short tempers, both will occasionally engage in idiotic on-track antics when things aren't going their way, both have way more success in NW than in Cup, and neither have been able to close the deal come Chase time.

I think SHR made a smart choice switching the crews...now we just have to see if it pays off with a championship.

Harvick is essentially Chevy's version of Kyle Busch. Both Harvick fans and KyBu fans probably won't like that statement, but the two are actually quite similar. Both have short tempers, both will occasionally engage in idiotic on-track antics when things aren't going their way, both have way more success in NW than in Cup, and neither have been able to close the deal come Chase time.
As a fan of neither driver I have to give Kyle the overwhelming edge in idiotic on track antics.

Back
Top Bottom