Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Wondering if anyone has video of this:

I went to a race at Martinsville sometime in the early-mid 90s. It was before they re-configured the track so it still had two pit-roads. We were sitting in turn 2 so I had a really good view down the pit-road on the backstretch.

Sometime around halfway there was a wreck in turn 2, I can't remember exactly who was involved but Kyle Petty swerved to avoid it and ended up flying down pit-road at speed. He nearly nailed the inside wall going through there. One of the crew members was out on pit-road prepping his car's stall for the upcoming stop when all of this was going on. He dived over the wall right as Kyle came onto pit road and narrowly avoided a really bad day.

Anyone remember this happening? I'd love to see footage of it of course but I mostly ask because I'm trying to figure out which race it was. We went to the spring race a lot back then but sometimes in the fall too...and we went almost every year so I'm having a hard time pinpointing this.

Wondering if anyone has video of this:

I went to a race at Martinsville sometime in the early-mid 90s. It was before they re-configured the track so it still had two pit-roads. We were sitting in turn 2 so I had a really good view down the pit-road on the backstretch.

Sometime around halfway there was a wreck in turn 2, I can't remember exactly who was involved but Kyle Petty swerved to avoid it and ended up flying down pit-road at speed. He nearly nailed the inside wall going through there. One of the crew members was out on pit-road prepping his car's stall for the upcoming stop when all of this was going on. He dived over the wall right as Kyle came onto pit road and narrowly avoided a really bad day.

Anyone remember this happening? I'd love to see footage of it of course but I mostly ask because I'm trying to figure out which race it was. We went to the spring race a lot back then but sometimes in the fall too...and we went almost every year so I'm having a hard time pinpointing this.

I may remember wrong but the ironic part of that is I think Adam petty did run over somebody at a local track and unfortunately they died from it.

Adam's crew chief when he was running late models was killed when they lowered the car and he was under it.

Ck1y95dVEAAubfh.jpg:large

Ck1y96AVAAACVdY.jpg:large

Ck1y96bVEAAvJKW.jpg:large

Holy crap! How can their racing schedule not be affected? It looks like a total loss.

I just went on another ebay binge and bought several NASCAR related items, a Davey Allison clock and Sterling Marlin/Brooks & Dunn/Coors 1:24 diecast among my purchases. Currently trying to decide if I can justify spending $50 on a Kyle Petty Coors Light uniform jacket.

I really need to stay away from ebay.

I just went on another ebay binge and bought several NASCAR related items, a Davey Allison clock and Sterling Marlin/Brooks & Dunn/Coors 1:24 diecast among my purchases. Currently trying to decide if I can justify spending $50 on a Kyle Petty Coors Light uniform jacket.

I really need to stay away from ebay.

I bought the passenger's side quarter panel off of Kenseth's 2003 Carhartt car on ebay a few weeks ago. I could look at NASCAR stuff on ebay for hours...

So yesterday on racehub Brad K was the guest host and they asked him what the #1 priority for the sport was right now. I was assuming since Brad's big on the driver's council he'd say the aero package/closer racing, or maybe a title sponsor, but no. He said the #1 priority right now for NASCAR is getting another manufacturer involved and bringing in all the money and tech support they'd bring.

Brad seems like a guy in the know with some influence so if he's saying that over all those other (bigger, IMO) priorities then I think it's a sign that we're really close to a 4th manufacturer.

Brad seems like a guy in the know with some influence so if he's saying that over all those other (bigger, IMO) priorities then I think it's a sign that we're really close to a 4th manufacturer.
Maybe it is wishful thinking. A 4th manufacturer would be fantastic news.

2 Sweet, that 40 die-cast is awesome. Really unique piece!

As far as an additional manufacturer goes, I'm all for it, and I'm telling you right now if it does happen it's gonna be Kia. Hyundai is moving up-market and Kia is now aimed squarely at Ford/Chevy/Toyota. They need to assimilate into the minds of average Americans more just like Toyota did with NASCAR. An Optima Cup car wouldn't look half bad...

Nothing is confirmed, he is just playing off of what Brad K said on Racehub, joking if you will.
I really can't think of any manufacturer that is a realistic possibility. Nissan maybe?
Yeah, I'm messing around.

Personally, I'm not sold on another manufacturer or two preparing to enter NASCAR. There is some guy on the NASCAR subreddit who claims to be in the know and said Audi and Hyundai have been in discussions with the sanctioning body. Then again, this industry insider has also said NASCAR is as popular as the NBA and MLB and claims restrictor plate racing requires the most skill of any form of racing on the circuit.

You can understand my skepticism.

Yeah, I'm messing around.

Personally, I'm not sold on another manufacturer or two preparing to enter NASCAR. There is some guy on the NASCAR subreddit who claims to be in the know and said Audi and Hyundai have been in discussions with the sanctioning body. Then again, this industry insider has also said NASCAR is as popular as the NBA and MLB and claims restrictor plate racing requires the most skill of any form of racing on the circuit.

You can understand my skepticism.
Its very possible that both manufacturers had been in talks with NASCAR, but I am going to agree with not being sold on it either right now, and the rest, yeah, the skepticism is needed with that person.

I really can't think of any manufacturer that is a realistic possibility. Nissan maybe?
I would LOVE for Nissan to come to NASCAR, but I think Dancia has a better chance of winning back to back championships than Nissan entering NASCAR

There was an article within the last few years talking about this very subject and it was stated that Nissan had no interest in NASCAR, so until I read something different, I am going with that.

Or, are you asking why I would LOVE for Nissan to come to NASCAR?

There was an article within the last few years talking about this very subject and it was stated that Nissan had no interest in NASCAR, so until I read something different, I am going with that.

Or, are you asking why I would LOVE for Nissan to come to NASCAR?
I own a Nissan.
I was wondering what you based your opinion on. I think Nissan has more sport cars in their line up than Toyota does however the CEO (after Datson went bankrupt) is a top notch business man and won't have anything to do with Nascar considering their current trend.
Thanks for replying.

I own a Nissan.
I was wondering what you based your opinion on. I think Nissan has more sport cars in their line up than Toyota does however the CEO (after Datson went bankrupt) is a top notch business man and won't have anything to do with Nascar considering their current trend.
Thanks for replying.
If I recall that is what was pretty much said in the write up.

We are down to one Nissan now( RIP my Maxima)

My '94 Sentra was the best car I've owned so far. 280,000 when the tranny finally packed it in. Otherwise it was still getting 32 mpg, and the never-serviced A/C would still freeze you out.

With that said, Consumer Reports gives me the impression the quality is no longer there.

Unfortunately Carlos Gohsn the CEO is a grade A French douche and thinks NASCAR is a bunch of rednecks. Sad, but that's really the main reason keeping Nissan out.

Unfortunately Carlos Gohsn the CEO is a grade A French douche and thinks NASCAR is a bunch of rednecks. Sad, but that's really the main reason keeping Nissan out.
Same deal with Dodge.

I love how much of a racer Kurt is.

Kurt Busch plans to compete in Gulf 12 Hours alongside Jorge Lorenzo

The NASCAR champion, who has dabbled in IndyCar and dragsters, now has his eyes set on sports cars — but more importantly the Yas Marina Circuit, site of the Formula 1 finale.

Following his trip to Baku for the European Grand Prix, Busch jetted to Abu Dhabi where he tested a F3000 car at the Yas Marina on Tuesday. Last year’s podium in the Gulf 12 Hours featured a Ferrari 458, Mercedes SLS and an Aston Martin Vantage. But Busch’s objective was to simply get a feel for the circuit.

“It would be like a Pirelli World Challenge Series-type car,” Busch said. “They’ve been doing the 12 Hours the last few years. I got turned onto it by Monster Energy about the possibility of going and racing alongside Jorge Lorenzo from MotoGP and perhaps another Monster Energy athlete.

“So to help with the transition, if I was to go run that race, to have track laps so I somewhat know the circuit and don’t go in there as blind as I would if I just raced the race in December…It was a blast to run the big circuit and get some laps in case I run the 12-hour race.”
http://www.motorsport.com/endurance...gulf-12-hours-alongside-jorge-lorenzo-791764/

Very patiently waiting for the Chevy SS kits to be released at the retailer that I want to buy them from, June is almost over, any day would be good.

Back
Top Bottom