Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

IMG_20160816_142911.jpg

with the large rebound in the economy it is tragic that Tide is no longer a yearlong sponsor. When I think NASCAR, I think Tide.

The Rooster was on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio a few minutes ago talking about the car. Great to hear from him. Sounded good but said he had no intentions on heading back to the track anytime soon. Happy watching the races on television.

And why is his name sliced bread, that name does not match the other names. He likes Joey Logono

Who is the rooster? I'm not really a good fan but I still enjoy some NASCAR.

___8284292_orig.jpg

And why is his name sliced bread, that name does not match the other names. He likes Joey Logono

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...enske-joe-gibbs-racing-brad-keselowski-102715

"A few years ago a young kid showed up on the NASCAR Sprint Cup scene. Driver Mark Martin was one of the more vocal ones that said this young man was going to be the sports next superstar. He was only 16 years old at the time, but I think it was Randy LaJoie that coined the phrase that this kid was going to be "the greatest thing since sliced bread."

The slogan stuck and Joey Logano came into our sport with a lot of high pressure and higher expectations."

Richmond fall race was hit by a hurricane during the 1995, 1996 and 1997 races. NOAA has issued a report about this summer's hot waters. Maybe we have a hurricane evacuation caution at lap 350? When I saw that aquafina bottle at Homestead the second Kyle Larson made it appeant he was gonig to win you never know what NASCAR may do. Does the body read our forum?

Are the Nationwide cars largely unsponsored from lack of interest or high costs from the new car transfer frpm 1995-2012's model to the 2013- model?

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2016/08/19/sports/auto_racing/973166.txt

REALLY glad to hear that shes not happy with things as they are.
Shes so competitive it must be killing her. She wants to win at everything!
GO DP! GO 10!
Winners circle!

I'm sure yesterday didn't help. They completely stunk up the place. DP basically said nothing for the first half of the race other than the car has no grip. This is the second race in a row at Bristol where they haven't been competitive. Something is seriously wrong when you can't keep up with the BK cars.

http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/media/index.php?fromNews=1&article=2418

Last edited:
He was a heck of a driver, mechanic, strategist, CC and owner.
I sure would liked for him to have a few more years. Nascar also lost a great sponsor
when he died.

He was a heck of a driver, mechanic, strategist, CC and owner.
I sure would liked for him to have a few more years. Nascar also lost a great sponsor
when he died.
Hooters didnt leave right away, they sponsored Loy Allen for some races and years afterwards, #19/27 cars , and Rick Mast in the #1 Pontiac in 1996 I think it was, then Brett Bodine in 2002/2003, Kirk Shelmerdine and the #80 Ford for the 2002 Daytona 500. Hooters Hotel Las Vegas was on the #61 Ford in 2006. Hooters Engery Drink was the #7 Truck in 2007. In 2013 Nelson Piquet Jr. drove the No. 30 Hooters Chevrolet for Turner Scott Motorsports in the Nationwide Series.

I am sure there are more that I am missing.

Last edited:
Obviously I wasn't aware of those minor sponsorship's. I was thinking of a full time cup ride like with #7 car. Thanks.

Lap Leaders after 23 races:
Driver, Laps Led
1) #18-Kyle Busch, 1,242 Toyota
2) #78-Martin Truex Jr, 990 Toyota
3) #4-Kevin Harvick, 957 Chevrolet
4) #19-Carl Edwards, 741 Toyota
5) #20-Matt Kenseth, 469 Toyota
6) #2-Brad Keselowski, 373 Ford
7) #22-Joey Logano, 327 Ford
8) #41-Kurt Busch, 234 Chevrolet
9) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 229 Chevrolet
10) #11-Denny Hamlin, 202 Toyota
34 drivers have led at least one lap
Through August 21

Per Jayski

Lap Leaders after 23 races:
Driver, Laps Led
1) #18-Kyle Busch, 1,242 Toyota
2) #78-Martin Truex Jr, 990 Toyota
3) #4-Kevin Harvick, 957 Chevrolet
4) #19-Carl Edwards, 741 Toyota
5) #20-Matt Kenseth, 469 Toyota
6) #2-Brad Keselowski, 373 Ford
7) #22-Joey Logano, 327 Ford
8) #41-Kurt Busch, 234 Chevrolet
9) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 229 Chevrolet
10) #11-Denny Hamlin, 202 Toyota
34 drivers have led at least one lap
Through August 21

Per Jayski
Kasey Kahne is not one of those

Not sure where to post this, but was wondering if anyone here has seen this firesuit before. I'm thinking it was for a promotion of somekind for TaylorMade, but not sure exactly when and where, or who would have wore it. The R1 driver came out in 2013, so I am thinking around that time period. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

00V0V_aTU4S2H8XZy_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_14Tdc0rGsce_600x450.jpg

Googling 'Taylormade Racing' turns up an 'R1' exhaust system for Yamahas. I doubt that's related, since the logo on the pants is the same as the golf company. Also, the slogan on the sleeve matches the custom fitting centers for golf clubs.

I think it's just a promotion for the 'Racing' driver, and the suit was never worn at a track under actual racing conditions. I suspect it was worn only on fairways, trade and consumer equipment shows, etc. I notice there's no other logos, including no racing series logo and no series official sponsors, and those are usually mandatory.

I also turned up these search result, but the content they link to is gone:

Taylormade golf racing firesuit - one of a kind!! - Craigslist
phoenix.craigslist.org › ... › for sale › sporting goods - by owner
Craigslist: Phoenix
Aug 12, 2016 - size adult large. fire suit is in excellent used condition. made by simpson. $3500 or best

taylormade r1 driver promo golf racing firesuit - Craigslist
sandiego.craigslist.org › city of san diego › for sale › sporting goods - by owner
Aug 15, 2016 - one of a kind!! size adult large. fire suit is in excellent used condition. made by simpson. $1500 or best offer TaylorMade, Titleist, AdamsGolf, ...

Or maybe the PGA has new rule about golf cart safety?

Last edited:
Someone is doing a happy dance over here, just won this bad boy for $33, 2015 crew shirt , will go very nicely with my 2015 Crew Polo too( yes actual crew shirts wore last year)
kb41_zpssiigkg2j.jpg

Googling 'Taylormade Racing' turns up an 'R1' exhaust system for Yamahas. I doubt that's related, since the logo on the pants is the same as the golf company. Also, the slogan on the sleeve matches the custom fitting centers for golf clubs.

I think it's just a promotion for the 'Racing' driver, and the suit was never worn at a track under actual racing conditions. I suspect it was worn only on fairways, trade and consumer equipment shows, etc. I notice there's no other logos, including no racing series logo and no series official sponsors, and those are usually mandatory.

I also turned up these search result, but the content they link to is gone:

Taylormade golf racing firesuit - one of a kind!! - Craigslist
phoenix.craigslist.org › ... › for sale › sporting goods - by owner
Craigslist: Phoenix
Aug 12, 2016 - size adult large. fire suit is in excellent used condition. made by simpson. $3500 or best

taylormade r1 driver promo golf racing firesuit - Craigslist
sandiego.craigslist.org › city of san diego › for sale › sporting goods - by owner
Aug 15, 2016 - one of a kind!! size adult large. fire suit is in excellent used condition. made by simpson. $1500 or best offer TaylorMade, Titleist, AdamsGolf, ...

Or maybe the PGA has new rule about golf cart safety?

Yeah, I didn't think it would have been worn for an actual racing event. But maybe a commercial shoot or live TV promotion. There's an NHRA driver Chad Head who was sponsored by TaylorMade, but that was in 2015. Here is a youtube:

Back
Top Bottom