2014 Bristol - Food City 500 - Pre Race Thread

Hope for a good showing of fans compared to the last few spring races at Bristol. I know a few heading down tomorrow from Michigan. For some reason empty seats at Bristol bother me more than any other track...

Is it wrong to like a race where there is lots of contact? Sometimes I feel that we as lovers of the sport that is racing jump all over folks who like a little contact. I am not a wreck lover, But something to be said for some contact and a driver that can fight through it.

Someone correct me,...there was a race..dont remember the spot...I think it was between Terry L and Dale SR...they crashed into each other all through the last lap and right until over the finish line.....neither driver wrecked but darn..it was exciting!
After re-configuring Bristol several years back, people weren't wrecking as much and everybody bitched about it, hence the tearing up of the track to remove the top lane between the Spring and Summer 2012 races. I think it's just natural to want to see some beatin' and bangin' at the short tracks.

51sem-layout.jpg

After re-configuring Bristol several years back, people weren't wrecking as much and everybody bitched about it, hence the tearing up of the track to remove the top lane between the Spring and Summer 2012 races. I think it's just natural to want to see some beatin' and bangin' at the short tracks.
I guess the Bristol purists like watching caution parades.

I was one of the few that liked Bristol when it moved to side by side racing. Most feel that it ruined it. I felt that it actually turned it into a race. I like seeing them be able to run side by side.

2014 owner points are used for provisionals for the rest of the year, so the three who need to get in on speed are Reutimann, Yeley, and Blaney.

I was wrong, it was '95...

And I believe it was '97 or '98 when Earnhardt "rattled his cage" and stole the win from Terry

A great ending to a race with great camera coverage that let us see just what was happening.

Back then they actually showed whole laps from a single camera that just followed the cars around.

Nowadays they would have several cameras down at track level (in an attempt to show us "zoom-zoom-zoom" how fast the cars are going) at the expense of actually covering the race.

ya cant handicap this race..its sooo unpredictable. I find it more than a plate track. A driver can get caught in anothers mess easily.

This track seems to agitate drivers...helmets get thrown..etc....wonder why?

The #20 found that out last Spring. Taken out by a flat tire and it wasn't even on his car.LOL

Found it interesting that the SCUP cars are parked in the Haulers overnight after qualifying.

I was one of the few that liked Bristol when it moved to side by side racing. Most feel that it ruined it. I felt that it actually turned it into a race. I like seeing them be able to run side by side.

Agreed. It was truly awesome to watch cars run side by side the whole race. Best experience I've had at a track as a spectator. Now only if Kane would have given Kenseth that bump at the end!:mad:

Agreed. It was truly awesome to watch cars run side by side the whole race. Best experience I've had at a track as a spectator. Now only if Kane would have given Kenseth that bump at the end!:mad:
I think with the new rules you would.

I think with the new rules you would.

O thats right. Imagine by the time the night race comes around with most of the "good" drivers having a win. Should be a rough night!

To bad I wont go back till 2015 :(

Sure, but what about temps? What should I wear? There's a big fat slow pitch for ya'

The local above is a little different than the rest.

Descriptive Forecast
Friday
Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High around 60F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday Night
Cloudy. Low 38F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Hourly6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point27 | 1548 | 2856 | 3141 | 32
Wind5 mph South10 mph SW10 mph WSW5 mph SSW
Humidity60%45%40%70%
Chance of Precip.0%0%0%0%
Cloud Cover0%13%68%81%
ConditionsClearClearMostly CloudyOvercast
Sunrise & Sunset

Descriptive Forecast
Saturday
Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High around 60F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy skies early will become overcast later during the night. Low 38F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Temp. | Dew Point39 | 3248 | 3758 | 3745 | 38
Wind6 mph SW8 mph SW9 mph WSW3 mph West
Humidity76%67%47%76%
Chance of Precip.10%10%20%10%
Cloud Cover86%64%53%78%
ConditionsOvercastMostly CloudyPartly CloudyMostly Cloudy
Sunrise & Sunset

Descriptive Forecast
Sunday
A few showers in the morning, becoming a steady light rain in the afternoon. High near 55F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Sunday Night
A steady rain early tapering to showers and becoming mixed with snow late. Low around 35F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.

Temp. | Dew Point39 | 3646 | 3352 | 3441 | 34
Wind4 mph NNE6 mph NE8 mph NE4 mph NE
Humidity88%60%49%77%
Chance of Precip.10%30%60%60%
Cloud Cover86%81%78%76%
ConditionsOvercastChance of RainChance of RainRain

On second thought you better wear at least a kilt.

Are these cars really as fragile as people say? I remember the 80s when you could beat and bang on a cars bumper all day without problem...

No way man. These cars are tough as hell. Its just they are going so fast nowadays that when they crash or have a rubbing incident it seems like half the car goes along with the crash but that's just due to the collision and the speed that they are now going makes it seen like they're made of paper mache.

Back when the COT was introduced I remember Kyle driving like a madmen hitting everything from the walls to other cars and he still won races with it.

Ryan Blaney in the Penske #22 and Cale Conley making his series debut in the RCR #33 on Saturday.

No way man. These cars are tough as hell. Its just they are going so fast nowadays that when they crash or have a rubbing incident it seems like half the car goes along with the crash but that's just due to the collision and the speed that they are now going makes it seen like they're made of paper mache.

Back when the COT was introduced I remember Kyle driving like a madmen hitting everything from the walls to other cars and he still won races with it.

Kyle was the first driver to win in the COT, he called it a POS in the post race interview :XXROFL: Luv it when he tells the truth

Kyle was the first driver to win in the COT, he called it a POS in the post race interview :XXROFL: Luv it when he tells the truth

Then you'd love it when he spends a few minutes with you and realize you're a creep and tells you off.

:D

Back
Top Bottom