2016 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

So what do you think DP, should I put on a watch party for this race? Will this be good one?
The party will only be as good as you make it. My suggestion is to take everyone's keys and serve plenty of alcohol. That's what we're doing. Another great way to have some fun at your NASCAR Party. Put all of the driver's car numbers into a hat. Have everyone that wants to play along chip in $5. Once you know how many people are going to play, create blank pieces of paper to make sure that you have enough selections for all that are playing. Once everyone has picked their first driver, throw the remaining blank pieces into the hat. Continue to pick until all the drivers have been selected. Some will have more drivers than others but that's the luck of the draw. Winner takes all. Fun to play as everyone has a vested interest in the race. We do this for all the races where we watch with a large group of people. I just won for the first time in a long time this past July race @ Daytona. The kids can play along too or create a separate game for them.

Reactions: Pat
from @nascarcasm

CqEkZr0WEAAG8tr.jpg:large

For those not watching truck practice...so far the bottom groove is looking a lot like Darlington's bottom groove....deserted. It's actually loosening the trucks, especially as they switch from the modified surface to the regular surface at the end of the turn.
Thanks. I can't stream Fox with my Dish contract.

What didn't NASCAR put rubber on the bottom during the 5 inches of rain at Pocono these last 5 years?

LOL at Rodney Childers, first with the scoop, and the first to back track off it.

No its a new sealent dale Jr. recommended in April. What is the NHL law suit about.

The problem is the application 'tractor' is supposedly infringing on Zamboni patents.

Is this creation new? I remember when they put too much sealer on Richmond several years ago and tried to fix it during race week with a bunch of pick up trucks dragging tires.

What didn't NASCAR put rubber on the bottom during the 5 inches of rain at Pocono these last 5 years?
I really hope that they've hit on something with this. It could be huge for many venues. I wonder what they could do with the Brickyard race? Maybe actually produce some passing? Who knows.....

Just finished watching last night's race. Good stuff.

Bruton Smith is going to be the first one in line this morning at the US Patent Office. His 'Create a Racing Grove' technology seems to be a hit.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the weekend.

Are they using VHT that is usually used in prepping drag strips?

Are they using VHT that is usually used in prepping drag strips?
Everything I read just said they polished the lower racing groove and they added a substance that will help tire rubber adhere to the racing surface. They also ran a tire machine on the surface since the changes.

I didn't see anything where they mentioned what the substance was.

Did a little digging. Wikipedia says that Nascar banned its use (VHT) in 2010 in a effort to reduce the number of chemicals used at events.

Did a little digging. Wikipedia says that Nascar banned its use (VHT) in 2010 in a effort to reduce the number of chemicals used at events.
Everyone should have seen that one coming. Mayfield found out the hard way that NASCAR had already started banning chemicals earlier in 2009.
321.gif

I really hope that they've hit on something with this. It could be huge for many venues. I wonder what they could do with the Brickyard race? Maybe actually produce some passing? Who knows.....

They would never polish and spray the brickyard because of how it would affect the 500, even if NASCAR needs a second groove badly. Pocono and loudon may work.

The lower groove is back. But I wonder if it will be so fast that cars behind can't get close enough to bump another out of the way.

The lower groove is back. But I wonder if it will be so fast that cars behind can't get close enough to bump another out of the way.
I told someone I worked with this morning that it seemed like that may be an issue. With guys carrying that much speed through the corner, I think it's going to be difficult to put a bumper on them.

I'm so sorry, don't mean to be a pain but is 1st practice on tv?
Only if you get the NBC Sports App. You can also get that on your PC.

FRIDAY, AUG. 19:

ON TRACK
-- 10-11:25 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series first practice, NBC Sports App, CSN New England, CSN Mid Atlantic, CSN Plus-Chicago, CSN Bay Area, CSN Northwest (Follow live)

They would never polish and spray the brickyard because of how it would affect the 500, even if NASCAR needs a second groove badly. Pocono and loudon may work.
IndyCar is booked at Pocono for the next three years.

But how long does this treatment last? Would it have to be repeated after every winter? Before every race?

I miss watching practice on tv before my family took out the cable. Unlike the race there is no cheating.

Back
Top Bottom