2016 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

I'm so sorry, don't mean to be a pain but is 1st practice on tv?
Yeah, not on TV thanks to those silly games being played, but happy hour is, but I think you already knew that.

I think maybe it was the TV announcers who said the lower groove treatment was similar to what is applied to drag strips. I know I heard someone say that, but can't remember who it was. In any event, it sure seemed to produce the desired outcome, and it survived the Air Titans too.

I think maybe it was the TV announcers who said the lower groove treatment was similar to what is applied to drag strips. I know I heard someone say that, but can't remember who it was. In any event, it sure seemed to produce the desired outcome, and it survived the Air Titans too.
Yes, I heard that too

I just watched some highlights from the truck race, it's very satisfying to see that low groove again, it's about time. Saturday night should be awesome! (Weather permitting)

FRIDAY, AUG. 19:

ON TRACK
-- 10-11:25 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series first practice, NBC Sports App, CSN New England, CSN Mid Atlantic, CSN Plus-Chicago, CSN Bay Area, CSN Northwest (Follow live)
-- 12:30-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, NBC Sports App, USAat 1 p.m. ET (Follow live)
-- 3:15 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBC Sports App, CSN Mid Atlantic, CSN Bay Area, CSN Northwest (Follow live)
-- 5:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, USA (Follow live)
-- 7:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Food City 300 (300 laps, 159.9 miles), USA (Follow live)

PRESS PASS (Watch live)
-- 8:30 a.m.: Chris Buescher
-- 8:45 a.m.: Trevor Bayne
-- 9 a.m.: Jimmie Johnson
-- 9:15 a.m.: Austin Dillon
-- 9:30 a.m.: Matt Tifft
-- 11:35 a.m.: Carl Edwards
-- 11:50 a.m.: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Kyle Larson
-- 4:15 p.m.: Charlotte Motor Speedway with Chase Elliott
-- 6:45 p.m. (approx.): NASCAR Sprint Cup Series post-qualifying press conference
-- 9:45 p.m. (approx.): NASCAR XFINITY Series post-race press conference

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- noon: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

CqMfLY-XEAAwmkY.jpg:large

@bobpockrass

AccuWeather for Bristol: Poss fog a.m., high 80, 70s night. 51%chc rain, 20% after 8pm. Sat night: 70s, 30%chc rain (green 8:18); 50% at 11p

The substances don't seem to have survived the rain. Early practice runs are moving off the bottom. Maybe when they work some rubber in...

Half an hour in and it looks like they're faster on the bottom. They keep trying to move up because they get more control, but they lose half a second or so. Some of the younger guys have never run the bottom.

crap. Back to the top. Old bristol lasted 3 days but couldn't make it 4.

IT'S sad they r at Bristol. Nashville, South Boston, Evergreen, Portland, and I-70 were the tracks of my youth and should all be hosting the August Night race instead without million dollar wasteful track adjustments. Those tracks cost only a couple million dollars total. When Shane Hall won the pole at South Boston it was the best night of my month in august of that year.

IT'S sad they r at Bristol. Nashville, South Boston, Evergreen, Portland, and I-70 were the tracks of my youth and should all be hosting the August Night race instead without million dollar wasteful track adjustments. Those tracks cost only a couple million dollars total. When Shane Hall won the pole at South Boston it was the best night of my month in august of that year.
Welcome to 2016 .

it all happens in a parallel universe where everything is exactly the same as it is here except for some stuff.

I do have fond memories of the annual August night race at I-70 speedway. Shame Bruton sold out and moved that date to Monaco.

Last edited:
I know alot about NASCAR and all of those tracks have had truck or Busch races and there is no NASCAR race in Monaco .

Back
Top Bottom