2017-18 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

Absolutely great fall weather here.

40 @ 6 am. Chilly? No it was damn cold!. Bathroom window was open so I actually I had one of these..
a14c5505e39163e083d2db5650b851da.800x338x1.jpg

32* yesterday morning, 43* today. Humidity has been running under 10% for the last 3 days. My skin is drying
out like crazy.
Looked out the back door just a few minutes ago, 4 does(white tails in the air) were hooking it. A few seconds later, a
nice, fat coyote came trotting along. Wild life in my back yard. :)

As much work as he's put into it and how good he's got it to looking @dpkimmel2001 should just move his bed down there and live in the basement. I don't know that I've ever even been in a basement. :D.
I work out of my basement these days. Down here for about 12 hours a day already. No need to spend all night here too.

Brrrrr ---- you can keep it, dpk. I want no part of that. LOL
It's all down hill from here this part of the year. We were actually getting rain when I walked outside early this morning to call in the family dog. Temps were still below freezing. That and rain are not normally an okay mix but the ground is still a little to warm to make driving a hassle.

Ordered a new set of rubber for the Jeep the other day from discounttire.com. They are out for delivery via UPS right now. Should be able to get them installed over the next week so I don't have to worry about the wife driving to work this winter.

37 at 5 am, heading to the high 50's, low 60's today.

Fort Worth and Dallas are expected to reach at least 90 tomorrow. Neither city has reached 90 degrees in November before. It would be a record for the entire month.

Just a few days ago, our low temperatures were just barely above freezing.

Fort Worth and Dallas are expected to reach at least 90 tomorrow. Neither city has reached 90 degrees in November before. It would be a record for the entire month.
Just a few days ago, our low temperatures were just barely above freezing.

And with deer season opening this weekend, I think a lot of hunters will be disappointed -- warm weather does not make for great hunting.

We had some cooler weather earlier in the week -- lows in the 30s and highs in the low 60s. But now it's back to temperatures in the 80s.

Local news said it's supposed to be warm and dry through the fall and winter. :(

:( is because we need an average winter. Winter temperatures have been way above average the past few years which causes problems with snakes and bugs and stuff, not to mention it kills the crops because you have temperatures in the 80s all winter then end up with a few days of cold in March.

Don't know your situation but every degree above normal is less I pay to keep my home warm.

Highs in the mid 80s, lows in the mid 60s here.

Don't know your situation but every degree above normal is less I pay to keep my home warm.

Unless you're running the A/C to keep your house cool. Or, in my current case, you're running the heat in the morning because it's 45-50 degrees outside and your A/C at night because it's 85-90 degrees outside.

After a summer where temperatures were in the 90s every day from March through September and heat indexes were 110+ degrees almost every day, I'm ready for some cold weather.

We had early snow over the weekend, it covered the grass and was gone the next day. I usually expect the first snow around Thanksgiving.

A ton of wood pellets locked and loaded into its storage bin. Ready for the cold stuff.
3ac5cef7a8320f0df76d436d956460c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dpk, looks like you're ready. :)
Those 50 bag will take me through about 75 days in the basement pellet stove. That is, if I run it non-stop. More than likely, I'll be purchasing another ton in January to finish off the heating season.

I bought that container this past summer to store pool floats and the like in the summer, and pellets in the winter. It sits just outside the basement door for easy access.

Learned many years ago to buy pellets early as pricing is better along with the availability. Also that all pellets aren't created equal. I have about 20 bags left over from last year and 2 tons at the ready in the shed. I'd love to go through the season and have a ton left over! :)

Learned many years ago to buy pellets early as pricing is better along with the availability. Also that all pellets aren't created equal. I have about 20 bags left over from last year and 2 tons at the ready in the shed. I'd love to go through the season and have a ton left over! :)
Prices don't really change here for pellets, summer or fall. I've tried three brands that are sold locally. You get what you pay for is what I've found. I can get pellets for a cheaper price than I paid for these but they also don't produce the same BTU. I can run these on my stoves lowest setting obtaining a tremendous amount of heat while making a bag go a lot further.

Originally I burned corn in the stove. Many people don't even know that is possible. It was cheaper than pellets and produced more heat. Then corn went up in price, big time. It became cost prohibitive.

I think the promised cold front is arriving. At 10 AM the temp was about 82*. Now, it's 66* and dropping with a fair wind out of the NE.
High tomorrow may be mid 50s.

I think the promised cold front is arriving. At 10 AM the temp was about 82*. Now, it's 66* and dropping with a fair wind out of the NE.
High tomorrow may be mid 50s.
I'm not sure it's going to get to the mid 50s today. Started out at 50*, but has dropped to 48* with a very chill, damp north wind.
Not even a glimmer of sunshine --- just heavy, grey cloud cover. Even had a brief rain shower.
A good day to stay inside and clean house. LOL

Good thing I got out and cut the weeds yesterday.

I'm not sure it's going to get to the mid 50s today. Started out at 50*, but has dropped to 48* with a very chill, damp north wind.
Not even a glimmer of sunshine --- just heavy, grey cloud cover. Even had a brief rain shower.
A good day to stay inside and clean house. LOL

Good thing I got out and cut the weeds yesterday.

That front is supposed to hit us today. High of 77 now and starting to drop. Low of 50 tonight and raining tonight and tomorrow. Highs around 70 and lows high 40s to mid 50s all week.

Our last 24hrs. Another windshield scraping kinda morning. Hit 52.6 yesterday. Supposed to be around the same today.

If any of you are into weather like me you should check out https://www.acurite.com/. I bought a weather station from there about two years ago. They have lots of sales around the holidays.

Untitled.jpg

After this front passes through this morning we're going to have a great weekend for the Blue Angels Homecoming Airshows tomorrow and Saturday. 47 tonight, 71 tomorrow, 50 tomorrow night and 71 Saturday. Perfect weather for it. :D

Back
Top Bottom