2018-19 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
As ridiculous as it seems as hot as it is, fall is upon us. I guess our friends to the far north may notice a change.

I know how you feel. We may get Fall for a few minutes around the first of November.
On average I have to start wearing a long sleeved shirt or light windbreaker at night around Halloween.

While the rest of the country is on hurricane watch, we, here in Englewood, Florida, are smelling the stench of red tide. This is an absolute first for us and many who have lived in the area a long or life time. We are located, as the crow flies, about one mile from the gulf coast. This is the second day in three days we have smelled the red tide and it is bad, bad, bad. It chokes some with nasal and throat irritation, makes your eyes water and those with breathing problems such as asthma, COPD, emphysema, or whatever else, it is really bad. It is permeating the air quality inside homes it is so pungent.
But, better days are coming. We are not being flooded out, we still have out health and home and are, despite a slight air quality issue, in much better shape than our neighbors to the north.
See, there is always a bright side!!!

Mean while, in my neighborhood..
FallMissing.jpg

It's been raining here for the past few day's and the cooler temps are welcome. Highs in the mid to high 80s, lows in the mid 70s.

The switch got thrown here almost a week ago. Temps have been in the 60's the past 4-5 days and will continue in the 60's and cloudy, rainy for all but one day through the next 10 days, then only 72

We’ve had upper 70’s here in northwest NC the past couple of days. Mid 80’s later in the week. At this point of the year, I pray for dew points lower than 60.

We’ve had upper 70’s here in northwest NC the past couple of days. Mid 80’s later in the week. At this point of the year, I pray for dew points lower than 60.
Welcome to the board. Relax, pop a top and enjoy yourself.

Woke up to 45° this morning...I'm starting to miss the heat and humidity..

The local weather station claims a HUGE storm system will be present towards the end of next weekend. No idea what exactly they mean by HUGE. Meanwhile, it's looking hot for the next few days. Its suppose to be Fall.

High 80s and low 70s here. It looks like we may get a break from the rain for a week or so.

DAMN!! Stokes County!! That's practically the end of the earth!!! ;) Beautiful country though.
Welcome aboard, Matey.

Spring fishing today. Wasn't expecting much but did ok
e7665644723bd3e070eb1026cc8dd6b5.jpg
68738b27469fc21803b29bafb8353ca2.jpg
856d0e5516b0be152c54982304349510.jpg
7a2d0d4c2e75084cb91fe5e57f376d0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like a decent catch and nice fresh meal.

On another front, finally getting some relief from the red tide that has been plaguing us for the last year. Yes, a year ago is when it hit our beaches with a fury. Luckily the side affects didn't drift too far inland but we did have our days. Hopefully it will subside and give businesses a good season as they sure were hit hard this summer when the red tide was at its peak. Banks are now giving zero interest loans and locations owned by the city or country and leasing them to restaurants are giving reductions in the lease payments to ease the pressure some of them are facing.

Other than that, we are living in paradise. Just finished 10 mile bike ride w/temperature at 82 degrees. Gets much colder I'll have to put on long pants. :rolleyes:

High of 37 here today with rain possibly turning to snow this afternoon. Yuk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It got cold early this fall. I saw snow flurries a couple weeks ago on a fall fishing trip. The colors are muted this year going quickly to brown, not the vibrant colors of an Indian Summer. The trees are mixed with green, yellow, and brown - few reds and oranges. I've got my fireplace cord, the newspaper subscription cost more than the oak firewood. I put the snow tires on today (which means the average temp is below 45 degrees). We had the first hard frost last night (below 32).

firewood.jpg

It got cold early this fall. I saw snow flurries a couple weeks ago on a fall fishing trip. The colors are muted this year going quickly to brown, not the vibrant colors of an Indian Summer. The trees are mixed with green, yellow, and brown - few reds and oranges. I've got my fireplace cord, the newspaper subscription cost more than the oak firewood. I put the snow tires on today (which means the average temp is below 45 degrees). We had the first hard frost last night (below 32).

View attachment 36461
Damn I love Florida. :D

Weather guessers said there would be a chance of a stray shower today. Instead we got slow steady rain all last night. I had the window open, it was awesome.

Funny, that's what my Bride said this morning.
We woke to a temp of 34 degrees this morning. Now she is thinking maybe it wasn't such a good idea to travel north in mid-October. ;)
:D

Tell her October is far better than November, December, January, February and well into March.:)

Back
Top Bottom