re-air scheduled: None

In the Booth: Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip, Jeff Gordon
Pit Reporters: Jamie Little, Regan Smith, Vince Welch, Matt Yocum
In-Race Analyst: Larry McReynolds
Race / Hollywood Hotel Host: Chris Myers
Analysts / Hollywood Hotel: Jeff Gordon, Darrell and Michael Waltrip

Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:
TBA

Monaco, I'll pass. Which is likely one more pass or equal to the number of passes for a lead change in that race.

Indy, I'll watch the first couple and last handful of laps.

Cup race, I'll be listening to and watching in between horseshoe games.

All I can say is the 'plate haters' better rate this race off the charts. Scream to the powers that be that it was the best 600 you've ever seen. If not, you're likely to see this years All-Star package on display on a Sunday night in May 2019.

I can’t claim to be big Monaco fan either, but it’s a start to the day. It’s my annual dose of F1, serving as my opportunity to see if the series has changed enough to catch my attention. I watch it more for the scenery and the one hairpin turn than anything else.

It’s an appetizer.

Monaco, I'll pass. Which is likely one more pass or equal to the number of passes for a lead change in that race.

All I can say is the 'plate haters' better rate this race off the charts. Scream to the powers that be that it was the best 600 you've ever seen. If not, you're likely to see this years All-Star package on display on a Sunday night in May 2019.

I agree with the last part....Beware, Chris Lambert, Chris Gayle, and Todd Gordon are all saying that give this package to the engineers--they will refine it, and you will be single file in a few races. Hope NASCAR is listening.

Monaco is about the only F1 I watch -- not so much for the racing, but for the scenery. :D
Indy -- it's usually the first part and the last part. It's my appetizer for the 600.
600 --- I'll be in front of the TV the whole way.

Monaco-- No
Indy-- First and last 15 or so laps.
600-- Every minute of it on TV and Raceview.

My bet is sooner than that. I'm thinking more like Michigan or Chicago at the latest!

On a more important note, I think this is truly Autoracing's Superbowl Sunday! I love watching all three races and each for a different reason. The Monaco race for the "scene", the Indycar race for the racing, and the NASCAR race for the fun. Wish someone was doing the double this year. And I'll be cheering for Danica in the 500 this year because she used to be a NASCAR driver! Gotta cheer on the NASCAR guys!

Monaco - You Bet
Indy - Yep :salute:
Coke 600 - Hell Yeah! :salute:

Best Race day of the year, lots of tradition and shows of appreciation for our Troops. :salute: I miss the pre race activities at Charlotte, it will make your eyes water and your heart pound heavy in your chest.

We will watch all the races off the DVR when I get ready to watch less commercials! generally 2 hours after the start :punkrocke I particularly like the DVR watch because I can say holy ****, did you see that and back it up right quick to catch it again. Then say, how in the hell did he do that, wow! :D

Plates at all tracks would reduce the sport from a national pastime to a plastic game of chess board game.

Monaco may not have the action of Indy and Charoltte, but the amount of skill it takes to wheel around that narrow place with no room for error.

Its quite impressive and watch qualifying, too. When engines are turned up and the amount of sliding and that swimming pool section is just insane.

Monaco may not have the action of Indy and Charoltte, but the amount of skill it takes to wheel around that narrow place with no room for error.

Its quite impressive and watch qualifying, too. When engines are turned up and the amount of sliding and that swimming pool section is just insane.
They've got a lotta nice girlz. (Using my best ZZ Top Voice)

Attachments

• Monaco.jpg
    Monaco.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 828
I’ll be at the 600 :)

Love this day though. Monaco is incredible to watch, as it’s probably the most difficult track of the major series to drive with brutally tight turns and nothing but walls to hit if you error.

Indy 500 needs no explanation

And the 600 is basically NASCAR’s version of an endurance race at very high speeds

And the 600 is basically NASCAR’s version of an endurance race at very high speeds[/QUOTE]

I thought the 600 was a partial road course race??

I'm going to try to watch them all
Monaco if there is a pass it will be the highlight of the race. The scenery has something for everyone
Indy 500 it's the Indy 500
Coke 600 Nascar's attempt to upstage the Indy 500

I am only going to be watching the 600.

I'll be missing the 600 while I attend Thunder Mountain Speedway, but I'll probably watch some of Indy.

DOES IT RAIN EVERYWHERE NASCAR GO????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN WEATHER!!!!!!! EVERY DAMN WEEK!!!!!

For me it will be 3 straight nights of dirt late models at the Show-Me 100, then wake up early Sunday morning, fill the smoker up with various meats, and chill on the couch all day for some racing and recovery time. Always my favorite race weekend of the year!

ETA- Yes, I will watch all 3 on Sunday

I will watch Indy just to see how Danica does. She sure qualified better than many others.

I will watch Indy just to see how Danica does. She sure qualified better than many others.

Thx for mentioning this! I'm traveling overseas and completely forgot about Indy qualifying. Will be interesting to see how she does from the 7th starting spot. :cool:

Monaco is about the only F1 I watch -- not so much for the racing, but for the scenery. :D
Indy -- it's usually the first part and the last part. It's my appetizer for the 600.
600 --- I'll be in front of the TV the whole way.

100% with you. Monaco is just crazy. Have an aunt that went there, and said, "They race cars on those streets?!"

Have an aunt that went there, and said, "They race cars on those streets?!"
Yeah, there isn't enough room to swing a cat on some of them. Whoever came up with the idea to put race cars
on those streets needed to have their head examined. But for some reason, it works --- sort of, sometimes. LOL

Yeah, there isn't enough room to swing a cat on some of them. Whoever came up with the idea to put race cars
on those streets needed to have their head examined. But for some reason, it works --- sort of, sometimes. LOL

Refreshing that there isn't bitching about passing, and great racing there. Monaco is what it is, and it always will be. People go, and people watch.

Back
Top Bottom