2018 NASCAR Truck Thread

34 trucks entered for Atlanta

upload_2018-2-19_18-1-29.png

nascar-truck-daytona-2018-race-winner-johnny-sauter-gms-racing-allegiant-airlines-chevrole-7520320.jpg

Johnny Sauter kicked off the 2018 Camping World Truck Series season with this third win in the season opener.
Sauter powered to the lead with eight of 100 laps remaining and fended off several challengers to claim the victory in the NextEra 250 at Daytona International Speedway.

Justin Haley was the last challenger, trying to reign on Sauter on the final lap before ending up second.

Joe Nemechek finished third, Ben Rhodes was fourth and Scott Lagasse Jr. completed the top-five.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck/news/nascar-johnny-sauter-truck-win-opener-1005799/

Justin Haley: "No reason" not to make Truck Series final four

Haley’s rookie season last year included three top-five, 12 top-10 finishes and one pole in 21 races. He missed two races last year due to the age restriction but still finished 12th in the series standings.

“Being able to run the full season this year, I feel like there’s no reason we shouldn’t be in the Final Four at the end of the year,” Haley said. “I guess we've just got to go to Atlanta next week and try to win that one.”

The series continues on Saturday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, the only other track on which Haley was not allowed to compete last season. However, he earned five top-10 finishes on other similar 1.5-mile tracks last season, including a then series-best finish of third at Kentucky.

“Our mile‑and‑a‑half stuff has been really good, and we tested Charlotte (in January),” Haley said. “The Ilmor motors obviously were really good, so lots of positive from the night to take away.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck/news/nascar-justin-haley-truck-championship-1007847/

John Hunter was first over in the Xfinity practice, Joe is probably racing the 8 because it has more points in it than the 87 would be my guess.

I wonder if we'll see Joe continue to race the 87 to stay up in the points or park the car for JH.

Justin Marks, full timer in the IMSA series is going to drive David Gilliland's truck #54. Somebody to watch

I actually think Vegas has put on good shows for Trucks, but they really should have moved one of their LVMS races to the Bullring.

The two truck practices today (no TV) at Vegas are from 5:05-5:55 ET (2:05-2:55 PT) and 7:05-7:55 ET (4:05-4:55 PT).

Kyle Busch on the pole. Race tonight @ 9 p.m ET.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Stratosphere 200 (134 laps, 201 miles), FS1
upload_2018-3-2_18-9-20.png

Reid Wilson to make NASCAR Truck debut at Martinsville
Wilson, 21, has spent the last two years running a limited schedule of K&N Pro Series East races but will make his Truck series debut in the March 24 race at Martinsville, driving the No. 20 Chevrolet for Young’s Motorsports.

“Reid was one of the first drivers in our development program here at Young’s Motorsports,” said team principal Tyler Young. “It’s great that we’re able to provide a place and an opportunity for him to progress as a driver and up the NASCAR ranks.”

TruNorth Warranty Programs of North America, which sponsored Wilson in the K&N series, will continue with him on his move to Trucks.

“They’ve made it possible for me to advance up the NASCAR ladder,” Wilson said of his sponsor. “The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is the perfect place for them to connect with their market, because many people in the trucking industry are NASCAR fans.”
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck/news/nascar-reid-wilson-debut-at-martinsville-1014227/

Back
Top Bottom