2019 Bristol I -- Food City 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

“It’s supply and demand”

What a ******* croc of sh!t. Price gouging the hell out of everything within a 20 mile radius of the track, meanwhile attendance is just over 35k for a venue that holds over 160k. BMS has lost over 46% of admission revenue since 2009.

Prices should be dropping based on the low demand and sky high supply.
I have always taken issue with the high hotel prices and many times choose to not go to the race. But is it OK for the track to charge 6 times the normal price of bottled water but not OK for a hotel to charge 6 times more than their average price?

Gets worse...

iu

More and more sporting venues, especially MLB facilities, are charging more for tickets to events where there is a greater demand for those tickets.

I believe the Uber and Lift "taxi" outfits also charge more when there is a greater demand for rides, such as during the holiday seasons.

Capitalism at its finest, I suppose.

:sarcasm:

The only real issue Clint and Nascar have with the high hotel prices is that they don't get a cut of it. How dare anyone make money except Nascar.

BTW. I think the high hotel prices suck but if I owned a hotel you'd be damned sure I be balancing being full with how much I can charge for each room every year. I'd probably be a bit high in prices to keep the low income partiers out in an effort to see my hotel not trashed

I have always taken issue with the high hotel prices and many times choose to not go to the race. But is it OK for the track to charge 6 times the normal price of bottled water but not OK for a hotel to charge 6 times more than their average price?

Most tracks let you bring in your own cooler. Even those that don't, there's a big difference between paying $6.00 for a $1.00 bottle of water and paying $300 for a $60 hotel room.

The only real issue Clint and Nascar have with the high hotel prices is that they don't get a cut of it. How dare anyone make money except Nascar.

BTW. I think the high hotel prices suck but if I owned a hotel you'd be damned sure I be balancing being full with how much I can charge for each room every year. I'd probably be a bit high in prices to keep the low income partiers out in an effort to see my hotel not trashed
Gotta balance the short term profits with killing the goose in the long term.

Most tracks let you bring in your own cooler. Even those that don't, there's a big difference between paying $6.00 for a $1.00 bottle of water and paying $300 for a $60 hotel room.
Between Truck, Busch / X, and Cup, I've attended over a hundred races. I've purchased maybe three drinks at the track, two hot dogs, and a couple of slices of pizza. Beside, at Darlington and Martinsville (and possibly others), many of the concessions are run by non-profits who get a large cut.

Okay I’ll bring this up once because our resident death bedders will beat this in the ground when the green flag drops but did they not sell seats for the turns or they didn’t sell out? If so....whoa. This is the first time in all my years of watching racing I’ve seen Bristol this empty.

I don't think the Harvick penalty is a big deal. It's soooo easy to get laps back with today's rules. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the top 10 by lap 200

Your right, the hotel is being generous using your acceptable escalator of x6 by the track. To keep pace the hotel should have charged $360.00

Your right, the hotel is being generous using your acceptable escalator of x6 by the track. To keep pace the hotel should have charged $360.00

Place sold out in 2004 when hotel prices were higher.

Bad track to start the race probably two laps down though. They start putting people a lap down quick here.

late with this responce but yeah I did'n hear about the drive thru penaty when I type that just thought it was start at the rear of the field but still we caught a break with the early caution but got killed with having to stop under green due to the loose wheel and it was play catch up the rest of the day.

I don't think the Harvick penalty is a big deal. It's soooo easy to get laps back with today's rules. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the top 10 by lap 200
For the record, he didn't get back on the lead lap until the last caution with 25 or so to go, and finished 15th.

If you want to avoid driving in the mountains, definitely take Asheville off the list.

You said you're going to be in Pigeon Forge anyway. I still wouldn't stay there Friday night before the race unless you plan on leaving for the track -very- early on Saturday. While the highway back to I-40 is four-lane, I've never seen it on a summer Saturday when it wasn't bumper-to-bumper, 10-mph. Ask the hotel desk when you make your reservations; they might be able to guess how long it will take to get to the slab. Otherwise, I'd stay in Knoxville.

Maybe check Newport, TN too. It's the last town on I-40 before the road starts climbing into the mountains, and is closer to the track than PF. There use to be a great short track there that ran on the Friday before Bristol.

Hey, consider booking a white-water rafting trip while you're there. August is prime season for that.
Charlie...... just found rooms in Kingsport TN would you recommend staying there for the Bristol Night race?

I can’t say; I’ve never tried there. I just assumed it was out of my price range.
It's 299 a night for 3 nights. Pricey but its only like 30 min from the track. Cant believe I found the room.... and even more that I am considering being ripped off!

Charlie...... just found rooms in Kingsport TN would you recommend staying there for the Bristol Night race?
Beg borrow or steal an RV (camper trailers are RVs also), reserve a site at the Warriors Path State Park Campground in Kingsport for $15 a night and enjoy. :booya:

Back
Top Bottom