2019 Monster Energy Supercross

gnomesayin

Team Owner
Someone needs to go ahead and start the 2019 thread, right?

I'm glad A1 is only a few weeks away now. The 450 class should be much deeper this year, barring a rash of stupidcross injuries. There are more curiosities and unknowns like how strong can Roczen be, Webb on KTM, Osborne, Savatgy, etc. It'll be the Tomac show if he can keep his head on straight for 17 rounds, which he's never been able to do.

I'm looking forward to a fresh start for the broadcasts on NBC. Hoping their coverage will be as good as their MX work is.

The last two races I've gone to, Roczen has had catastrophic season-ending injuries occur directly in front of me. Think I'm gonna take a year off for Ken's sake.

Glad NBC was finally announced and I'm glad that it looks like they will all be live shows.

The last two races I've gone to, Roczen has had catastrophic season-ending injuries occur directly in front of me. Think I'm gonna take a year off for Ken's sake.

Glad NBC was finally announced and I'm glad that it looks like they will all be live shows.
The Roczen accidents happened right in front of me also...but I'm still going this year.:D

its going to be fun to watch the new guys,hill.osborne.savatgy and it looks like malcolm will be on a good team

I stopped by Anaheim Stadium yesterday and they were already building the track and that is all it took to pump me up for A-1 this weekend. There are a few times a year that our tour and their tour cross paths and some of their hauler drivers will show up at our races, they usually come to our Bristol, Las Vegas-2, and Pomona-2 races. A few of us usually go to their Anaheim 1, Anaheim 2, Southwick, and Crawfordsville races. I have gotten to know a few of the drivers over the years, but the one I know the best is Big B who drove the hauler for the Kawasaki team when Ryan Villopoto rode for them and still drives it now with Eli Tomac, and Josh Grant riding. I'm looking forward to seeing the new paint job on their new hauler they will have this year. Here is a link to a couple of you tube videos showing a tour of the inside of their old hauler you might find interesting.

Last edited:
Here is a link to another you tube video of the Kawasaki hauler.

Last edited:
Based on the weather reports, we may be in for a mudder at A1! Because that race isn't usually wild enough right? Lol.

Based on the weather reports, we may be in for a mudder at A1! Because that race isn't usually wild enough right? Lol.
Right now it's only showing a 20% chance for Sat and 48 deg at night..

Right now it's only showing a 20% chance for Sat and 48 deg at night..
It looks better now than it did yesterday for sure. Google is still showing me a 60% chance at about 6

I'm going rain or shine anyway because we will be in a suite.:)

Nice! I've gotten lucky enough to sit in them a couple times in Anaheim. Definitely the way to go lol.

As expected, NBC Sports Gold is offering a combination Supercross / Motocross streaming package that will offer every single national SX and MX event live and commercial free for $89.99. That's a tempting deal if you're a regular viewer, and it will be interesting to see how much of motorsports coverage goes in this direction.

https://racer.com/2018/12/20/nbc-sports-gold-to-offer-supercross-pro-motocross-combo-package/

It's all going to eventually. Which kind of sucks, these streaming packages start adding up and it's more expensive than cable could dream of being.

It's all going to eventually. Which kind of sucks, these streaming packages start adding up and it's more expensive than cable could dream of being.

A streaming package such as this is probably a bad deal for casual fans, and a great one for hard-core fans. The level of 100% live, commercial-free coverage and archives being offered is way beyond regular TV coverage.

At this time, these are auxiliary services targeting the diehards. I think a two-tiered model with "free" basic broadcast coverage and much more comprehensive direct subscription coverage makes sense for several motorsports properties (IndyCar needs it like yesterday). Eventually, if cable television continues to decline, the streaming models will be pressured to lower prices to chase a broader subscriber base.

I haven't pulled the trigger on this package yet, but after seeing how many of the NBCSN races are going to be tape delayed, I think I will. If you watch all or most of the SX and MX races, that's 29 rounds for $90. What I find overpriced are a lot of the PPV streams for short track races. They always seem to want fairly close to the actual ticket price to watch from home, which is a tough sell for all but the biggest events.

Last edited:
The infusion of younger talent into the 450 class should make this the best and deepest season for the top class in several years, barring a dumb rash of injuries. Tomac could run away with the title if his head is on straight, but when has that happened? I'm hoping for guys to stay healthy and be able to mix it up.

The infusion of younger talent into the 450 class should make this the best and deepest season for the top class in several years, barring a dumb rash of injuries. Tomac could run away with the title if his head is on straight, but when has that happened? I'm hoping for guys to stay healthy and be able to mix it up.
I'm interested to see how Roczen does if he can stay healthy.

Screenshot_20190104-133123_Samsung Internet.jpg

There are enough wild cards going into A1, hoping it isn't a mudder. But glad it's finally here!

My feeling is that one of the kids (Webb, Hill, Savagty) is going to get the holeshot and lead much of the race, getting chased down by Tomac or Roczen. If it rains, all hell could break loose, and someone like Barcia could be a factor.

I would expect that Musquin is not close to 100% and will be playing it somewhat safe, but anything can happen with the starts and at A1.

So they got rid of the other announcer huh? Sounds like it's just Ralph and Ricky C.

Yes, Jeff Emig ("Jeffro") is gone. I don't think Ricky is better, but he's certainly a bigger name.

I wonder if Dungey would have been interested. He appeared on many of the telecasts last year, and I figured that meant he was possibly exploring the idea of being involved on the broadcast side.

NBC's MX booth team of Jason Weigandt and Grant Langston is much better. I like Ralph for his enthusiasm, but he doesn't contribute much else other than basic announcing competence.

Yeah Jeff Emig, I couldn't remember his name. And yeah I think Ricky is better on the track like they had him last year.

Yeah, it's good to see Malcom in a good situation and riding well. Hopefully being in better shape means he can last for 20 minutes plus a lap now.

Reed doesn't really look much quicker here than he did last year on his own equipment. Then again, this heat is more stacked than anything was last year.

Yeah, it's good to see Malcom in a good situation and riding well. Hopefully being in better shape means he can last for 20 minutes plus a lap now.

Reed doesn't really look much quicker here than he did last year on his own equipment. Then again, this heat is more stacked than anything was last year.

He's been bragging about not getting tired during 20 minute motos.

The rain is coming

Hasn't rained in 2 weeks. Glad I dusted my truck last night. How is that for timing?!

BTW, I miss Jeff Emig and he has been very gracious with his ousting.

Carmichael is actually somewhat better than I expected him to be. He is pretty on top of the action, and is making good comments to provide context. He's almost acting like a second play by play guy. Ralph seems quiet.

The track is holding up well under this amount of rain.

Jeff Emig just had the nostalgia factor. The direct tie to the showtime days. Always down for a good time.

I'm just glad that even though the track is deteriorating it isn't like that disaster at Seattle last year.

I miss Jenny Taft. :wub:

But Will Christien is cool too.

I'm just glad that even though the track is deteriorating it isn't like that disaster at Seattle last year.

I miss Jenny Taft. :wub:

But Will Christien is cool too.

Just Google her ;)

Back
Top Bottom