2021 Silly Season

We have Stewart saying publicly that Larson needs to be reinstated, Larson asking Nascar if he can be reinstated (under review). Where there is smoke, there is fire.

And surprise! an article written at the same time

NASCAR’s Kyle Larson to AP on slur: ‘I was just ignorant’
By JENNA FRYER

And surprise! an article written at the same time

NASCAR’s Kyle Larson to AP on slur: ‘I was just ignorant’
By JENNA FRYER
It's almost like it's planned by Stewart and his agent(s).

Yea kinda thinkin ol Stewart has something going there with Larson.

...Something makes me feel like Clint ain’t done yet though. I really feel like he wants to race another season or two...

However those cards could fall...

Lol. This forum could debate whether or not it will rain if we took a field trip to the Amazon rainforest in the rainy season.......................and we're largely in agreement Larson is going to the 14 in one night based on one Tweet and one timely article.

I'm skeptical. I struggle to see a sponsor agreeing to him being in the car during the middle of the BLM movement.

Usually when drivers are dominating a season in Xfinity and get moved to Cup the next year, they tend to wildly underperform for a few years. I think Cindric should stay put for another 2 years and then go part-time in Cup in 3 years.
True enough in many cases but I'd say one more year for Cindric and if he continues to perform as he has, he's ready to jump into the deep end.

Lol. This forum could debate whether or not it will rain if we took a field trip to the Amazon rainforest in the rainy season.......................and we're largely in agreement Larson is going to the 14 in one night based on one Tweet and one timely article.

I'm skeptical. I struggle to see a sponsor agreeing to him being in the car during the middle of the BLM movement.
I'm hoping once that movement is exposed for what it is and with a little time, Larson's problem will be over. I'm proud of Stewart for having his friend's back.

This is a really excellent article. Kudos to Jenna Fryer for not just sitting down with Kyle Larson, but rather she then followed up with several of the groups and leaders that Kyle has leaned on... and learned from. This is really solid journalism.

Three months ago, when Larson emerged from exile and began dominating America's dirt track scene, I posted that I was ambivalent to his "comeback" despite being a huge fan of sprint car racing in general and Kyle Larson in particular. I said winning sprint car races won't get me back on his fan wagon. Simply racing and successfully avoiding another open mike blunder also won't do it for me.
To get my support back again, Larson has to convince me that he has lifted himself up and away from the ignorance and arrogance that got him fired by Ganassi and the sponsors. He has led a sheltered life of racing privilege, due to his enormous on-track talents. And he allowed himself to fall into a self-centered ecosystem - all about Kyle - that didn't care about the 400 years of oppression and hatred distilled into that evil word he tosses out so casually. He needs to overcome that ignorance and arrogance in his own heart, and convince me that he has done so, to win back my support.

I don't know exactly what it will take. That's for Kyle to figure out. But I'll know it when I see it... If Kyle Larson walks his journey the right way, fans and sponsors and team owners will walk with him and I'll be among them. But not yet... he has work to do to show me he has lifted himself up.
From that Jenna Fryer article, it seems that Larson has fully embraced that challenge. He's taking the journey, and he's doing it the right way. I'm very glad for that, and eager to see the next steps...

All Larson has to do now is get reinstated. It appears he has been working hard on that outside of Nascar's requirements for doing so, and he has been doing that on his own. Stewart got the ball rolling and put Nascar on notice. Coincidentally? (not) Fryer puts together an in depth article about Larson's actions in that area, and during that same period Larson requests Nascar for reinstatement to the series. Not if but when Larson gets reinstated, it doesn't matter if he has sponsor this, or OEM that IMO. Larson out there as a free agent? Laughable, how long would he be loose if yung money wants to be in the series. I think Larson has something lined up, don't know who, don't know where or what, but even if he has nothing someone will hire him to drive for them.

I think anyone who signs Larson will get him for next to nothing. I mean it doesn't sound like teams and sponsors are lining up for him. I wouldn't be shocked if he was in a "satellite" car next year and on a bigger team for 2022. That way the risk is a lot lower all the way around

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It doesn’t matter how many people here are convinced of his sincerity, or even hie Tony feels. He still needs buy-in from sponsors and manufacturers. I’m not saying he can’t get it, but have we seen any signs of that yet?

In 2007, Jeremy Clements was suspended indefinitely for using the same slur during a post-race interview with a reporter. He missed 2 races.

Like it or not, times have changed and NASCAR is changing with it.

Dog whistle.

Exposed for what it is?
Meh, no point of wasting energy over it anymore.

That AP article is well written and goes to show Larson has been working hard behind the scenes. Not only that, but he realizes the impact the word has and why its so negatively conveyed. I've got to say, he's been doing the right things and wants to not only do this for himself, but to grow. That is beyond commendable and I'm rooting for him.

It doesn’t matter how many people here are convinced of his sincerity, or even hie Tony feels. He still needs buy-in from sponsors and manufacturers. I’m not saying he can’t get it, but have we seen any signs of that yet?
a certain Kurt Busch didn't need all that.

My guess if he is reinstated is Justin Marks’ new team. SHR is pretty crowded for the foreseeable future and Stewart seemed really high on Briscoe yesterday, stating that he’s likely Cup ready. It does not sound like corporate support is flowing yet either:
“The biggest key is just NASCAR letting him back,” Stewart told The Athletic Wednesday. “Once NASCAR does that, it’ll be a lot easier for the teams and sponsors to embrace him as well. I guarantee there’s genuine interest out there for him, it’s just a matter of that first domino has to fall.”

Kyle and Justin go back a ways, budget model is different, and the vision for the team entails a lot of community engagement not unlike what Kyle has been doing already.

My guess if he is reinstated is Justin Marks’ new team. SHR is pretty crowded for the foreseeable future and Stewart seemed really high on Briscoe yesterday, stating that he’s likely Cup ready. It does not sound like corporate support is flowing yet either:

Kyle and Justin go back a ways, budget model is different, and the vision for the team entails a lot of community engagement not unlike what Kyle has been doing already.
Marks was involved with Larson's dirt team when it was Larson-Marks Racing before it become Kyle Larson Racing.

It makes sense and with Marks already having supposed sponsors in the works, I could see this happening. I'm guessing Go Pro and maybe some other brands will get them through the first year, but there is a lot of time between now and come the Daytona 500 next year.

Last edited:
It's Utter, so take it with a grain of salt:

Hopefully because he's got something better lined up. He's got a ton of talent. I can't see the team wanting a change unless they were unhappy about his comments in regards to having to drive the trump car

Either way I don't think they'll find anyone better to wheel that car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

unless they were unhappy about his comments in regards to having to drive the trump car
11th Commandment - Thou shalt not speak ill of thy sponsor, lest thou becomest known to all for this.

Especially a short-term sponsor who won't be around to trouble your soul week after week. Especially with a small, underfunded team.

11th Commandment - Thou shalt not speak ill of thy sponsor, lest thou becomest known to all for this.

Especially a short-term sponsor who won't be around every week to trouble your soul. Especially with a small, underfunded team.
GoFas is a hodge-podge of one-off sponsors, they need every little bit and the Trump deal was a lot of money for the small team. Enough for like 8 races, which is a big deal for them.

If the news is true, expect Briscoe in the 32 with a bit more help from Ford and SHR.

Also, rumors are that Ryan Preece, who is a KHI Management client, will supposedly takeover the 98 car in Xfinity with Briscoe leaving the seat vacant. (If, this is true that is.)

Also, rumors are that Ryan Preece, who is a KHI Management client, will supposedly takeover the 98 car in Xfinity with Briscoe leaving the seat vacant. (If, this is true that is.)
That's pretty nonsensical from my way of looking at it. There is plenty of talent to choose from instead of a driver who is fairly old?, hasn't shown enough talent to hold the ride he has. I think Ford with only two cars in the series will choose wiser than that.

That's pretty nonsensical from my way of looking at it. There are plenty of talent to choose from instead of a driver who is fairly old? Hasn't shown enough talent to hold the ride he has. I think Ford with only two cars in the series will choose wiser than that.
No one in the Ford pipeline is ready for the move to that ride nor does SHR have any other drivers in line.

Young Ford drivers as of right now - Todd Gilliland, Ben Rhodes, Tanner Gray, and Hailie Deegan

Not a lot to choose from for them. I think it will be a better situation for Preece because he is a good driver, but not good enough to keep the 37. If, he can go out and win in bunches with the 98... Maybe, it could be a situation where he stays around for a bit in the car until someone is ready to move up.

No one in the Ford pipeline is ready for the move to that ride nor does SHR have any other drivers in line.

Young Ford drivers as of right now - Todd Gilliland, Ben Rhodes, Tanner Gray, and Hailie Deegan

Not a lot to choose from for them. I think it will be a better situation for Preece because he is a good driver, but not good enough to keep the 37. If, he can go out and win in bunches with the 98... Maybe, it could be a situation where he stays around for a bit in the car until someone is ready to move up.
What pipeline? remember Reddick, or Gragson who they used to race for?

The hats are made in Schynna.

The tarz are manufactured in 'Murica.

What pipeline? remember Reddick, or Gragson who they used to race for?
Yeah, but think of the situation with Anthony Alfredo. He's a part of Austin Dillon's management team, hence Alfredo getting the 21 car on a part-time basis. Preece has been affiliated with Harvick for a while, so why not keep his driver his team manages under the same umbrella as Harvick?

Keeps the team open for that SHR-Biaggi ride as well.

@aunty dive it did not, Goodyear isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. I've had a pair of Achilles tires before, I wish I had not afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom