2021 Silly Season

Imo saying that the 19 and 41 won before Daniel got it is like saying the #20 won before Logano got it. Logano “bloomed late” by fans standards of young drivers and Daniel was rushed to Cup in the same manner Joey was. Difference is that Joey found a top tier ride with a team that believed in him and he proved it. Daniel got stuck with hand me downs and now everyone thinks he’s talentless.

i think thats a good point, but also many people point the finger at JGR specifically... so I believe that Daniel was given somewhat of a ‘pass’ with his time in the 19...

but then to be mediocre in the 41 which is a good car, doesn’t help his cause out a lot.

the difference in the example you mentioned is that joey became the driver everyone thought he would end up being after he got settled into the 22... so he proved that for his cause a change of scenery was ‘called for’

daniel is a great talent no doubt. He didnt get where he is by mistake... im just objectively speaking that in the Cup series today, its not likely a driver is gonna get more than a couple chances at a good quality ride to show himself.

i hope bell and a few others i like would be given that type of patience that he has in their cup runs(if they end up needing it)

Lets get one thing straight, Larson said a bad word (in the minds of some) he didn't commit an illegal act and he sure as hell never harmed anyone BUT there are a few on here who are so righteous they would be willing to nail him to the stake and shove a spear in his side to make sure he is dead.
Is this the type of forgiveness you are expecting for your own sins?
Think before you reply, he may be watching you.
(in the minds of some), so you are telling us that it's okay to use a racial slur, and it isn't inherently wrong?

This isn't about people being self righteous. It's about upholding an image. That nascar will NOT tolerate ANY racism in a world that is very Sensitive to racial conflict and injustice right now.

Larson wasn't banned because of self righteous people. He was banned because as a pro athlete and role model, he publicly made a racial slur. The bigger issue is that you don't see anything wrong with this kind of behavior.

I enjoy your posts. But this isn't one of your better moments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Larson is not irredeemable. NASCAR, General Motors and Hendrick Motorsports know that. He will redeem himself and return to the Cup Series in due course. Many people, myself included, think that’s a good thing.

As for the rest of that nonsense, I suggest you immerse yourself in African American culture until you understand why they can use that word and you and I can’t.
That last paragraph.

Unbelievable.

What hand me downs? For equipment? He had the same stuff as everyone else at JGR and SHR.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Do you really believe that? Ae you saying the same for Joey at JGR? If you honestly believe that then why is the #10 and #14 so far behind the #4 in the points.
Why is the #11 running great and yet the great KDB can't get a win?
Many car chiefs admit they can't duplicate a car.

Do you really believe that? Ae you saying the same for Joey at JGR? If you honestly believe that then why is the #10 and #14 so far behind the #4 in the points.
Why is the #11 running great and yet the great KDB can't get a win?
Many car chiefs admit they can't duplicate a car.
Are you serious? Yeah I bet JGR is just like give the 11 the good stuff this year boys! It all comes down to chemistry and talent. A team has no benefit in not giving everyone equal equipment. Now how that team utilizes that equipment is another thing.

(in the minds of some), so you are telling us that it's okay to use a racial slur, and it isn't inherently wrong?
I don't live in the states but I do have some great friends here in Canada who shall I say have a dark colored skin. Not all are African Negroid descendants and they use the word in every day speech. Changing the word that defines a group does not change the people in that group. We have the same dilemma here in Canada and those that wish to be seen as holeyer than thow have come up with a new name for certain people. When talking to that group they still use the word "Native" to refer to them selves. I guess they will have to make it illegal to say that word just like you have changed the meaning to be a racial slur.
What's the difference between a board and a plank?????

Are you serious? Yeah I bet JGR is just like give the 11 the good stuff this year boys! It all comes down to chemistry and talent. A team has no benefit in not giving everyone equal equipment. Now how that team utilizes that equipment is another thing.

But you are saying that Squares had the exact same car as the other team members but couldn't get the same results. Now your saying what, Kyle isn't winning because his equipment isn't good enough?

But you are saying that Squares had the exact same car as the other team members but couldn't get the same results. Now your saying what, Kyle isn't winning because his equipment isn't good enough?
Kyle's equipment is just as good as Denny's it's just that with the current structure of rules and lack of practice the 11 is doing a better job of utilizing what they have.

I can't believe that anyone would think that anyone on these big teams gets "the good stuff".

I can't believe that anyone would think that anyone on these big teams gets "the good stuff".
I sure do. I think Harvick's ride is superior to the other SHR cars. That is mainly the job of the Car Chief whoooooo works under the direction of the Crew Chief. The Pit crew is also responsible to the CC who may or may not have a pit crew coach.
If you don't believe that, explain why drivers ask for changes to their CC?????

I don't live in the states but I do have some great friends here in Canada who shall I say have a dark colored skin. Not all are African Negroid descendants and they use the word in every day speech. Changing the word that defines a group does not change the people in that group. We have the same dilemma here in Canada and those that wish to be seen as holeyer than thow have come up with a new name for certain people. When talking to that group they still use the word "Native" to refer to them selves. I guess they will have to make it illegal to say that word just like you have changed the meaning to be a racial slur.
What's the difference between a board and a plank?????
I sure do. I think Harvick's ride is superior to the other SHR cars. That is mainly the job of the Car Chief whoooooo works under the direction of the Crew Chief. The Pit crew is also responsible to the CC who may or may not have a pit crew coach.
If you don't believe that, explain why drivers ask for changes to their CC?????
Two perfect examples of why west coast Canadians ignore everything that comes from east of The Rockies.

I messaged her about getting me in there like well over a month ago and got no response.

She's not a staff member anymore ask Magnethead or Nascarwoman

We'll just all pretend that the reason Kyle Larson is out of NASCAR was because he was caught picking his nose at a traffic light.......:rolleyes:
Why is it so hard to accept Larson being out of NASCAR?

He'll be back 2022 man, damn I have never seen so many people be so obsessed with a driver before. He has to be reinstated, he has to be hired by a manufacturer, he has to be hired by a team.

C'mon now, this is getting ridiculous.

I certainly don't pretend to know enough to make a top personnel decision, but here are my thoughts for the moment:

> Jones is the most talented cup driver still available and cleared to race. Is he the best driver to hire for HMS? I don't think so.
> Larson may be the most talented driver available but NOT cleared to race. Is he a best choice for HMS? Not this year and maybe never. Larson had issues before he let slip his infamous putrid adjective. Chevy disavowed him and will not take him back this soon, in this environment. I also don't think he fits that team.
> Suarez has had some tough situations, but he strikes me as just a good driver. He can race a car and is a quality representative for NASCAR, so I hope he gets some ride remaining. I think he fits best with the RPM team. The owner is big on promoting diversity.
> So...perhaps HMS should go after whatever hot property they see in XFinity with the best chance at stardom. Not so sure that is Justin A. I don't know which one is the future star but either Briscoe or Cindric deserve serious consideration. I know they are aligned with different cup teams but those do not currently have an opening.

Riley Herbst to the 48 confirmed

Seriously though, has anyone considered that Corey LaJoie claimed to have some bigger opportunity lined up when he left the 32 and has yet to announce anything. And he did make a "deal" out of specifically pitching himself to Rick and asking for a chance in the 48

Why is it so hard to accept Larson being out of NASCAR?

He'll be back 2022 man, damn I have never seen so many people be so obsessed with a driver before. He has to be reinstated, he has to be hired by a manufacturer, he has to be hired by a team.

C'mon now, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm certainly not obsessed. Frankly I really could really care less if he EVER comes back to NASCAR, because I don't think NASCAR is where he REALLY wants to be, and if does, I hope he does not end up in the 48. I would support him if he does, because he would be a member of "my" team, but I don't think he would be a good fit there, and I don't think he would be happy. I think his interest in returning to NASCAR is for the wrong reasons, and I was luke warm about him at best the FIRST time around. That being said, his current situation is a legitimate topic of conversation, and I don't like having to tip toe around the subject. I am also interested in him being treated fairly. His mistake was ugly, and deserves punishment, but I also believe that when you put the incident in question in proper context, it should not amount to a "death sentence" for his NASCAR career or in any other series he chooses to pursue.

Riley Herbst to the 48 confirmed

Seriously though, has anyone considered that Corey LaJoie claimed to have some bigger opportunity lined up when he left the 32 and has yet to announce anything. And he did make a "deal" out of specifically pitching himself to Rick and asking for a chance in the 48

As much as I wouldn't mind it, I'm just not seeing it. I think from where he is to where he wants to be is just too big of a leap in one step to get much serious consideration. To me, it would be the equivilent of Alex Bowman getting the 88 WITHOUT having gotten the "free trial" he got when Jr. was out of the seat. If he could get a season or two in something like a JTG car and be really solid, or go to a good Xfinity car and win several races, I could see it, but not in the current scenario. If I'm wrong, I wouldn't be too disappointed. I remember seeing him and his brother when they were just little kids in the infield at IRP. I think I even have a picture of them somewhere.

Mostly agreed with everything you said but curious why you think HMS shouldn't hire Jones? You're just higher on the Xfin guys?
I think Jones seems the obvious favorite, so why hasn’t anything been announced? I think it’s because they’re working on another option. Jones is a good driver, but I’m thinking they are unsure if he has that “IT” factor to be a consistent winner. I personally think he’s missing some moxie needed to excel.

I think Jones seems the obvious favorite, so why hasn’t anything been announced? I think it’s because they’re working on another option. Jones is a good driver, but I’m thinking they are unsure if he has that “IT” factor to be a consistent winner. I personally think he’s missing some moxie needed to excel.

Of course on his current team, he is kind of the invisible man. Perhaps a move to a team where he would be on more equal footing (and age) with his teammates would help him to prosper.

As much as I wouldn't mind it, I'm just not seeing it. I think from where he is to where he wants to be is just too big of a leap in one step to get much serious consideration. To me, it would be the equivilent of Alex Bowman getting the 88 WITHOUT having gotten the "free trial" he got when Jr. was out of the seat. If he could get a season or two in something like a JTG car and be really solid, or go to a good Xfinity car and win several races, I could see it, but not in the current scenario. If I'm wrong, I wouldn't be too disappointed. I remember seeing him and his brother when they were just little kids in the infield at IRP. I think I even have a picture of them somewhere.

I'm not sure I can see it either tbh, however someone mentioned Rick's eye for talent when others cannot see it, this seems to me like the kind of unexpected thing/chance he just might do, and with a proven track record of giving chances to largely unproven drivers, JJ for example (though I'm not meaning to compare him to LaJoie in ANY way).

I certainly don't pretend to know enough to make a top personnel decision, but here are my thoughts for the moment:

> Jones is the most talented cup driver still available and cleared to race. Is he the best driver to hire for HMS? I don't think so.
> Larson may be the most talented driver available but NOT cleared to race. Is he a best choice for HMS? Not this year and maybe never. Larson had issues before he let slip his infamous putrid adjective. Chevy disavowed him and will not take him back this soon, in this environment. I also don't think he fits that team.
> Suarez has had some tough situations, but he strikes me as just a good driver. He can race a car and is a quality representative for NASCAR, so I hope he gets some ride remaining. I think he fits best with the RPM team. The owner is big on promoting diversity.
> So...perhaps HMS should go after whatever hot property they see in XFinity with the best chance at stardom. Not so sure that is Justin A. I don't know which one is the future star but either Briscoe or Cindric deserve serious consideration. I know they are aligned with different cup teams but those do not currently have an opening.
I’m hoping that Hendrick finds a filler driver until Gragson/Zane Smith/Sam Mayer is ready.

Is Mark Martin still available? B)

I am never a big fan of a place holder. If someone is not a long term solution, I would rather suffer the growing pains of a rookie driver that has upside potential and let them learn on the job. The Mark Martin deal to me was something else entirely. I think that was two people who just wanted to work together that bad, and unfortunately they couldn't put all the pieces together until Mark was at the end of the line. I'm a Martin fan so I loved it, and they damn near won a championship, BUT if you look at it objectively, it kind of screwed HMS long term, because they lost Brad, who is a perennial championship threat. I know there were extenuating circumstances, but I STILL think Ganassi would have been much better off to put Chastain in the 42 and let let him have a truncated "throw-away season" to position themselves for 2021. Unless it's a driver that can really help elevate your program, I don't like the idea of wasting time with a driver you know is not going to be in the car a year or two from now.

I am never a big fan of a place holder. If someone is not a long term solution, I would rather suffer the growing pains of a rookie driver that has upside potential and let them learn on the job. The Mark Martin deal to me was something else entirely. I think that was two people who just wanted to work together that bad, and unfortunately they couldn't put all the pieces together until Mark was at the end of the line. I'm a Martin fan so I loved it, and they damn near won a championship, BUT if you look at it objectively, it kind of screwed HMS long term, because they lost Brad, who is a perennial championship threat. I know there were extenuating circumstances, but I STILL think Ganassi would have been much better off to put Chastain in the 42 and let let him have a truncated "throw-away season" to position themselves for 2021. Unless it's a driver that can really help elevate your program, I don't like the idea of wasting time with a driver you know is not going to be in the car a year or two from now.
I couldn't have said it better myself, except about Chastain in the 42. I don't know about that, but I definitely agree on the MM deal.

I'm certainly not obsessed. Frankly I really could really care less if he EVER comes back to NASCAR, because I don't think NASCAR is where he REALLY wants to be, and if does, I hope he does not end up in the 48. I would support him if he does, because he would be a member of "my" team, but I don't think he would be a good fit there, and I don't think he would be happy. I think his interest in returning to NASCAR is for the wrong reasons, and I was luke warm about him at best the FIRST time around. That being said, his current situation is a legitimate topic of conversation, and I don't like having to tip toe around the subject. I am also interested in him being treated fairly. His mistake was ugly, and deserves punishment, but I also believe that when you put the incident in question in proper context, it should not amount to a "death sentence" for his NASCAR career or in any other series he chooses to pursue.
He was treated fairly, the penalty was just, and it was an example to follow to ensure no one will do something like that again.

Not to mention, he was still able to race weeks after. It's not like he was out of work for long, he transferred right over to dirt and the rest is history. I would like for him to come back, but hell he has to do was is asked himself before getting back to that level. Getting back into the sport will be no problem for him, he is a six-time winner in a car that has only won about 9 times in over a decade.

It's far from a death sentence, its a reset to make himself think and re-access himself. You see it everyday, teams have a ton of interest for him and once the respected clearing comes from top executives, it will start to run downhill. To think its a death sentence is a bit much.

I guess I didn't communicate it very well. I am not saying what has happened up to this point has BEEN a death sentence, but there are those that have suggested that he should be permanently frozen out of NASCAR, or that no major sponsor should ever touch him again, and that is what I was referring to. I DO think that when the context is considered, the punishment has been a little on the harsh side. Had he been expressing a point of view or making a verbal attack on someone, I would obviously feel different, but that is not what happened in this case. In my opinion, a suspension by NASCAR, CGR and the sponsors for the remainder of 2020 would have been more than adequate.

Back
Top Bottom