2021 Silly Season

gosh that 71 realtree car from 2002 would look AMAZING as a camero.

i want it to happen just for a diecast of that lol

It would be great seeing that.

I remember growing up as kid and never really saw Dave win or even really be competitive during my time but always liked him.

I hear DW has some spare time now that he's no longer in the booth

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe a Richard Petty comeback tour. From one 7 time champion to another in the 48. Denny will be an owner/driver so why not?
o_O:bounce::punkrocke:owquitit:

Lewis Hamilton to the 48?
Why not everyone one else has been talked about
Johnson’s going Indy racing

would Lewis kick butt like F1?
I mean hey he will be the all time winning driver here soon, crazier things have happened. However he would have a learning curve like Montoya did, but Montoya at least had Indycar oval experience.

Lewis Hamilton to the 48?
Why not everyone one else has been talked about
Johnson’s going Indy racing

would Lewis kick butt like F1?

How about Alonso? He has been trying other forms of racing somewhat (Indy 500 for example).

Also how about the possibility that given the new MJ/Denny team is supposed be only one full time car, and JJ has said he wants to race part time, perhaps since there is no part time slot available he Hendrick, he could race a second car for them part time.
I do believe that could be difficult though give the team will like be Toyota.

Has anyone heard if DiBanededetto made a good enough case last night to return to the Wood Brothers?
The deadline to pick up his option is the end of this month so he should be hearing this week. I think it’ll be hard not to put Cindric in the car though.

The deadline to pick up his option is the end of this month so he should be hearing this week. I think it’ll be hard not to put Cindric in the car though.
I disagree, Cindric all of a sudden came alive but that is to short of a window to say he deserves to knock another driver out of his seat. IMO he hasn't shown he can be consistent enough to win the championship in Xfinity. Winning the championship tells me any driver is ready to move up and not before. e have a enough young guys in cup now.

I think Matt D gets another year in the car.

Also, it depends if Penske wants to continue the Xfinity program at this point. I can easily see Cindric getting pushed up as well, however it depends on Ford's continued decrease in entries in the series. I do not see Briscoe sticking in the series and I can see SHR shutting down the Xfinity program as well. We'll see, but I think Matt D will get the nod.

It boils down to sponsorship as well with Menards decreasing the number of races on the 21 as well. That is probably what's holding up the deal atm.

My guess if JJ does anything part time in cup next year it will be with CGR. They have room under the 4 car limit and he's already driving open wheel for them

I can see this -IF- Road America gets added to the circuit.

I disagree, Cindric all of a sudden came alive but that is to short of a window to say he deserves to knock another driver out of his seat. IMO he hasn't shown he can be consistent enough to win the championship in Xfinity. Winning the championship tells me any driver is ready to move up and not before. e have a enough young guys in cup now.
Cindric has also won. He's as close to being cup ready as he will be. He and Briscoe, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cindric has also won. He's as close to being cup ready as he will be. He and Briscoe, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No offense to either, but the Xfinity field quality has dropped a lot this season. I'm not taking anything away from them, but with JGR's inconsistent performance with the three drivers they have, JRM has come to life a bit, Kaulig knocks on the door... Yeah, there is a reason why Cindric and Briscoe have won 15 races with the cars they have. It's awesome, but the Cup Series can be a quite humbling experience for some.

They have potential to be really good drivers, but the current situations both affiliated organizations make it difficult to really decide to attempt to move someone up to see its an upgrade.

You see how Christopher Bell has been struggling a lot this season. Some his fault, some issues not his fault. Some instances he's been really fast or kind of tapers off at times. Matt D was the sacrifice and it had to be done due to the JGR affiliation, also it is CBell's rookie season as well, but I think he has done fairly well for the most part. I think he will really take a step forward come next season.

bell will be a a real gibbs car next year and will be find, i hope matt d will find a home at the woods.not just one year ,but a real home.

Erik Jones was talking about "Flames" some weeks ago...

I guess the 48 and 88 is switching over to the 5 and 25? Would be weird, but interesting to see.

Talked to a guy last week that is a former engine builder for a winning Cup team and still has a machine shop in Mooresville near some current teams. He said that he heard HMS was bringing back the 5 and/or 25, but couldn’t say for sure. That’s as close to Allenbaba level info as I’ll ever get!

I can see the 48 going away. I say this because it is majority owned by Jeff Gordon.
JJ is the only driver for this car and I would say it has been one heck of a run. Time for Jeff to pack it in.
That puts HMS at 3 cars and I think that is a healthy number for a team.

I can see the 48 going away. I say this because it is majority owned by Jeff Gordon.
JJ is the only driver for this car and I would say it has been one heck of a run. Time for Jeff to pack it in.
That doesn't make much sense. Hendrick has said publicly with Jeff sitting there when interviewed that he wants Jeff to take a larger roll in the organization. It's possible that Jeff is backing out, anything is possible, but highly doubtful.

Do you actually think Jeff's ownership position at HMS would change just because of a change with the 48? Not happening. Also not happening in my opinion is HMS going back to three cars. The money they would save by not running it would likely not be much more than the money they make by running it.

I believe someone at HMS already said they're committed to 4 cars for 2021. So IF this is in regards to HMS I'd have to think its some number switching I could see the 88 or 28 going away and bringing back the 5 or 25

I believe someone at HMS already said they're committed to 4 cars for 2021. So IF this is in regards to HMS I'd have to think its some number switching I could see the 88 or 28 going away and bringing back the 5 or 25

The guy I was talking to meant that the 48 was going to be the 5 or 25, rebranding the team. The 88 may become the other, but the main change was “retiring” 48 and getting back to an original # for HMS

Sounds like a pretty stick n bally rumor to me. If the 48 number isn't being used in the series, somebody else can use it. Hendrick got the 9 for Chase, I can't see any driver who Hendrick would hire who has a famous racing dad. 57 isn't being used in cup I think

Erik Jones was talking about "Flames" some weeks ago...

I guess the 48 and 88 is switching over to the 5 and 25? Would be weird, but interesting to see.
So Byron gets a renumbered 5, Bowman renumbered to the 25, Jones takes over the 24 and Chase is the mainstay in the 9.

So Byron gets a renumbered 5, Bowman renumbered to the 25, Jones takes over the 24 and Chase is the mainstay in the 9.

Possibly, but I do believe Jeff Gordon has said he personally wanted Byron to be the one to take over the 24, and Chase will obviously not change from the number 9.

He also said the same about Chase taking over the 24.

Yes, and I'm not necessarily even disagreeing or saying it will or won't happen, but at the same time Byron was at the time almost always planned to move up, and Chase moving to his dad's number is a little different in my opinion.

We shall see.

That doesn't make much sense. Hendrick has said publicly with Jeff sitting there when interviewed that he wants Jeff to take a larger roll in the organization. It's possible that Jeff is backing out, anything is possible, but highly doubtful.
I am not positive but doesn't Jeff still have a part ownership in the #24??
I think your right but is Rick ready to turn things over to Jeff right now?
No reason Jeff can't do his network deal and be a apart of management until Rick gives him control.

Do you actually think Jeff's ownership position at HMS would change just because of a change with the 48? Not happening. Also not happening in my opinion is HMS going back to three cars. The money they would save by not running it would likely not be much more than the money they make by running it.
You could be right, I have no inside information either way. I just posted my opinion.
I based my opinion on the current situation with sponsors and how hard it is to get the big deals Rick was famous for. Junior.... 30 million? doubt we will ever see that again.

Back
Top Bottom