2021 Silly Season

I was hoping for a veteran like Larson to go there. Not too excited about watching another rookie run mid pack learning the ropes. He may fool me, but I think the competition level and the tricks the veterans pull has me not expecting much his first year.

I was hoping for a veteran like Larson to go there. Not too excited about watching another rookie run mid pack learning the ropes. He may fool me, but I think the competition level and the tricks the veterans pull has me not expecting much his first year.
From that perspective, I agree...would have loved to see Larson in that car

We have a lot of redundant threads lately, I could swear members were talking about this in the silly season 21 thread

Riley Herbst has been the rumor
Oh wow it's understandable with his family's money behind him. I know he's criticized a lot, but he's still extremely young with room to grow. Would be interesting to see how he performs in the 98. Expectations would be extremely high if he moves to the 98.

Harrison Burton is a member of the KHI family and he does have Morton's Building and Dex Imaging behind him as well. I would not count him out as well, that's if he's already re-signed with JGR.

I find this interesting in a way... I wonder how close Tony was at getting Larson on board? Surely he tried what he could... We might never know.

I find this interesting in a way... I wonder how close Tony was at getting Larson on board? Surely he tried what he could... We might never know.
With the money they've spent on Briscoe and how quickly he's been racking up wins this year, I don't know if that's actually the case. By the time Larson was being talked about again, Briscoe had established himself as ready to make the leap.

David Pearson will always be the true GOAT
Hey I love Pearson, and believe he was rightly among the greatest. But I would never undervalue Richard Petty. He was talented, tough, smart as a driver and just never quit wanting to win. All of the guys in that era had to be tough, as racing was not for wimps nor weak kneed pretty boys. Petty had great equipment but so did Allison and Pearson. I know Ned Jarrett well, and he shared some great info on these guys. Gentlemen Ned was another one who was tough as nails. Heck they all were. I remember chatting with Wendell Scott a bit after he had run the cup race at Hickory. That man worked his tail off to get what he could out of his car every race, knowing he was always up against better equipment. But he loved racing and was tenacious. I almost want to call them the "greatest racing generation"...those who ran in the 60's into the early 70's.

With the money they've spent on Briscoe and how quickly he's been racking up wins this year, I don't know if that's actually the case. By the time Larson was being talked about again, Briscoe had established himself as ready to make the leap.

I think Briscoe is the real deal, a tremendous talent, and will have solid early success with the 14 next year. Great signing by SHR.

He has a point. Toyota in the program has what like seven or eight drivers in Xfinity and the Truck Series who are attached to the actual TRD development program?

That's a lot of drivers with no options.
wa yeah. We have been watching the preachers bunch for years doing it on a cup level. Tony isn't telling me anything new except for the damage done to other drivers career's which I haven't thought much about. And I know many don't follow the lower series but it is even more prevalent in the lower series. They really go thru them in the lower levels.

I was saying something similar about Briscoe and other youngsters in cup. It takes awhile to learn the ways of cup drivers. Some are dirty deeds done dirt cheap, some are a matter of experience. Lots of learning experiences.

I was saying something similar about Briscoe and other youngsters in cup. It takes awhile to learn the ways of cup drivers. Some are dirty deeds done dirt cheap, some are a matter of experience. Lots of learning experiences.

I think this is exactly why Jimmie and Tony had so much success when they got to cup.

Not only because they had success in other series, but Tony was a 28 year old rookie, Jimmie was 26, and neither of these guys sat in a stock car until their early to mid 20s. In other words, they were grown ass men who have already navigated the path to adulthood before they got to the cup series.

And their paths to cup were not part of a developmental program.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He has a point. Toyota in the program has what like seven or eight drivers in Xfinity and the Truck Series who are attached to the actual TRD development program?

That's a lot of drivers with no options.
Pretty sure I said that about a week ago. Tony must be reading my posts again.

Surprisingly, Jerry Baxter will stay on the box for RPM. So, that's great news as well and it's obvious the team is putting themselves in a position to be competitive once the new car comes out with the "multi-year" deal.

He is an upgrade due to him being a winner in Cup. Quality of equipment is the biggest issue for me, but I'm backing Erik all the way. He's a great replacement for Bubba in the 43:

This has the potential to be a good for RPM long-term.

Press Release: http://richardpettymotorsports.com/...-petty-motorsports-to-drive-the-iconic-no-43/

Erik Jones to the 43 is official:

I hope PRM stays away from Toyota and they are successful like Joey after
the family divorced him.
It is possible with just one driver they can give him a good car and in 2021 he does better than Bell and Bubba. Murstein has to step up and buy more speed from RC.

Back
Top Bottom