2021 Silly Season

That didnt answer my question. For your assumption to be correct that NASCAR would give them an advantage, you would have to have several inspectors in play and trust them to keep their mouths shut. On top of that, the damage that would be done to the sport would be staggering if not a total kill shot if word got out, The loss of major sponsors would be crippling. The risk far out ways the reward.
Eh I didn't waste too much time looking at the supposed it's rigged conspiracy theorys. I looked at one, Danica's pole at Daytona. SHR that year (2013) placed all three cars in the top 5 qualifying. Knowing that race was flat footed single car qualifying that required little driver skill, I couldn't find enough tin foil to see any indication of rigging. Now if Patrick had run off from the pack when they dropped the flag and easily stayed out front that would be a different story. But if I recall it right, as soon as they dropped the flag in a lap or two she had dropped back to 13th.

I could just as easily claim that knowing the nature of the game, those teams had "found" some speed and it wasn't "found" yet.

How does the champion always win the last race of the year? How did the final 4 finish 1-4 this year?

You can say what you want about everything being fair, but there's just way too many coincidences for that to happen. I can't believe JR never won a title

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I can say whats true and you can say whats not.

Eh I didn't waste too much time looking at the supposed it's rigged conspiracy theorys. I looked at one, Danica's pole at Daytona. SHR that year (2013) placed all three cars in the top 5 qualifying. Knowing that race was flat footed single car qualifying that required little driver skill, I couldn't find enough tin foil to see any indication of rigging. Now if Patrick had run off from the pack when they dropped the flag and easily stayed out front that would be a different story. But if I recall it right, as soon as they dropped the flag in a lap or two she had dropped back to 13th.
They took the plate off I guess.

By definition, a conspiracy involves more than 1 person.

That would be more than one person who could keep his or her mouth shut for as long as it takes. Nobody here would "qualify'...

Hmm, how did Chase Elliott get the pole in 2016 his first full year in Cup?
How did Danica get the pole in 2013 her first full year in Cup?
How did Jeff Gordon get the pole in 2015 he last full year in Cup?
How did Jimmie Johnson get the pole in 2002 his first full year in Cup?
How did Loy Allen get the pole his first and almost full year (with Hooters sponsorship) the year after Kulwicki died?
How did Richard Petty win his 200th race with President Regan in attendance?
How did Earnhardt Jr win the Daytona July race the same year his father passed away? With Waltrip 2nd too.

These are/were all feel good stories for NASCAR. Why would I assume otherwise for this coming race?

I realize some of this would be next to impossible to manufacture, but pole positions where a hundredth of seconds makes a difference can be fabricated. A few extra ponies under the hood also never hurt anyone.

I the case of the poles at Daytona, except for Loy Allen, one common denominator, Hendrick Equipment, and nobody puts more effort into Daytona 500 poles than HMS, sometimes to the detriment of the actual race performance. When Petty won the 200th, Buddy Parrott has pretty much admitted that car wasn't exactly legal, and with the President there, there was little chance much would be said unless there was something way too obvious to ignore. The inspectors probably didn't have to be told to not nick pick the car too much, and in that time frame Richard was still running pretty darn good at Daytona and Talladega anyway. As for Dale Jr, who was any more strong at that time on plate tracks, especially with his Dad gone and having a teammate that under the circumstances was OK with running second?

That didnt answer my question. For your assumption to be correct that NASCAR would give them an advantage, you would have to have several inspectors in play and trust them to keep their mouths shut. On top of that, the damage that would be done to the sport would be staggering if not a total kill shot if word got out, The loss of major sponsors would be crippling. The risk far out ways the reward.
OK, let me try this approach which I subtlely alluded to in my post. Who controls timing and scoring for qualifying? NASCAR. I am sure there are a lot more people in NASCAR smarter than me that would have an idea on how to make this work.

OK, let me try this approach which I subtlely alluded to in my post. Who controls timing and scoring for qualifying? NASCAR. I am sure there are a lot more people in NASCAR smarter than me that would have an idea on how to make this work.
The transponder controls the time. It passes an electronic eye that begins the lap and ends the lap, there is no hand controlled device.

I the case of the poles at Daytona, except for Loy Allen, one common denominator, Hendrick Equipment, and nobody puts more effort into Daytona 500 poles than HMS, sometimes to the detriment of the actual race performance. When Petty won the 200th, Buddy Parrott has pretty much admitted that car wasn't exactly legal, and with the President there, there was little chance much would be said unless there was something way too obvious to ignore. The inspectors probably didn't have to be told to not nick pick the car too much, and in that time frame Richard was still running pretty darn good at Daytona and Talladega anyway. As for Dale Jr, who was any more strong at that time on plate tracks, especially with his Dad gone and having a teammate that under the circumstances was OK with running second?
I guess the next thing will be to say Cale Yarborough laid down and let Petty win the race.

Embarrassing.

The one thing that tells me NASCAR doesn't rig ****, is Dale Jr never won a championship.

Also, if NASCAR could rig things, they wouldn't have given Johnson 7 Championships when a lot of people was tired of seeing him win.

EXACTLY. I loved hearing all of the conspiracy theories concerning Jonson winning all those races and titles. What did his success ever do for NASCAR? Despite the fact that he is a wonderful driver and great human being, he has NEVER been a top 2-3 fan favorite. If NASCAR wanted to rig the outcome, they sure wouldn't have picked HIM to win so much, especially at the expense of his far more popular teammates.......

Do we add these numbers together to find out how many yellow flags 2021 will have?
For $10, I'll sell you the magic numbers that tells you which car will cause the first RW(sb)R caution of each race. For an extra $20, I'll sell you the numbers that tells you the lap.

The transponder controls the time. It passes an electronic eye that begins the lap and ends the lap, there is no hand controlled device.
Geesh, I am sure a computer or some type of electronic processor is involved. They could very easily be programmed to get the desired result. Maybe a special transponder could get the job done too.

Geesh, I am sure a computer or some type of electronic processor is involved. They could very easily be programmed to get the desired result. Maybe a special transponder could get the job done too.
Yeah it could be the deep Nascar state at work. The "hoots" put it out conspiracy

For $10, I'll sell you the magic numbers that tells you which car will cause the first RW(sb)R caution of each race. For an extra $20, I'll sell you the numbers that tells you the lap.
So thats... $10 + $20 = $31

I like to haggle a bit for a good bargin, I’ll give you $55 for both of those options, and let me cover shipping

Christ almighty. Just stop

Sure! Send me your credit card information , although we charge an extra 15% processing fee.
15% sounds pretty low, make it 20% and lets call it a deal

How many card numbers should I send? Need the social security number as well?

For another $10.00 would you tell me if Jeff Gordon wins another Cup series race?

Even I'm not touching that one. I got burned on that once already!
The first Cup "Night race" at Martinsville!

1608320509239.png

No, no, no.

Too soon to make the jump for Alfredo IMO, but if he wants to make the move I'm behind him 100%. I'm thinking this could be career suicide for him, but you never know. I'd rather see him compete in Xfinity for a full-season.

You mean ever, or at this point in his career? If the latter, I agree with you and @Kiante
I'd say a this point in his career. He just hasn't shown enough to pull this move, I say it's just too early to tell.

Alfredo is fast, no doubt, just I'd like to see if he can win at he Xfinity level before moving up.

Part-time schedules are rough business sharing a car. We have seen the results with shared, top-tier cars the past three years. It's not easy for anyone.

Reddick had five full-time seasons (two truck, three Xfinity) to get himself together, Alfredo has never had that opportunity due to him lacking consistent funding.

I'd say a this point in his career. He just hasn't shown enough to pull this move, I say it's just too early to tell.

Alfredo is fast, no doubt, just I'd like to see if he can win at he Xfinity level before moving up.
like JJ had to??

like JJ had to??
Like David Gilliland?

Made a career off of one race win, it happens, but only so often. It's harder now in days honestly, a simulation is only going to do so much for guys. Alfredo is like many others, he might have the management connections in Dillon Management, however it boils down to money. Front Row has sponsorship to fill the 38 but look at where Front Row is placed in the Cup field.

Look at Myatt Snider with Tax Slayer and Louisiana Hot Sauce. It's how he got the full-time drive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom