2022 Silly Season

I have no idea why Smithfield has stuck with Aric so long. The guy has 2 wins in 14 years at the Cup level.
It all comes down to what the sponsor it looking for. Some care about winning, some are more concerned about advertising and bringing their customers to the track and showing them a good time. Let's be honest he's done a great job representing them

They’ll have to wait a bit longer....till after the 23 season and even after that Harv could stick around for some more fun. Facts are facts, he just signed an extension and will be here for the foreseeable future. Brad is gonna have to go somewhere else.
I doubt he is going anywhere. Penske has been transparent with their future plans, He's going to move Cendric into the 21 car. I think my guess is as good as any is that Kez tried to get slick with the contract and Penske tought him which hog ate the cabbage.

Looks like brad doesn’t have as many options as I thought, he is easily the best Of the upcoming free agents what are some real possibilities for him then?

I think Brad is gonna call it a career and focus full-time on his business. He's been outspoken about wanting big horsepower and I can't see him sticking around for the next-gen car if it isn't going to fix his current gripes. Seems like he's been generally just frustrated the last couple years too, like he's kinda over this whole circus.

Also, calling it now, Matt D gets the second 23XI ride. Denny likes him, sponsored him that time back when he was still with GoFas. He's experienced, doesn't tear up equipment, and his salary is going to be many times lower than free agent Brad would be for instance.

I don't see Harrison Burton getting there by way of JGR connection because starting next year the chassis's are a common part from one supplier. The dependence on the major teams from their satellites is going to become somewhat reduced, and I don't think MJ will want to be JGR-lite. He has a huge ego and deep pockets, he doesn't need to fall in line for Coach Gibbs.

I see you guys dont like the Harvick idea. So here's one for Revman. KB winless this year and Brad to the 18.

:XXROFL: :bounce: :dunce:

Looks like brad doesn’t have as many options as I thought, he is easily the best Of the upcoming free agents what are some real possibilities for him then?
There won't be a car open in '22 that's as good as the #2 he's in now. There's nothing to gain for him by leaving Penske, and nothing else worth saying on the subject.

With whoever Pitbulldoggy is being pushed as big deal as a new owner, MJ etc, and with the new car supposed to kind of even the field a bit with parts all coming from the same place, perhaps he could end up as a second driver for one of those or even Spire etc or a brand new team.
A driver of his caliber could be just what a new team needs to get up and going. It's been done before, just for example Dale Earnhardt/Richard Childress (no I am not comparing Brad to Dale - Dale will ALWAYS be #1)

If the new car actually lowers the cost of competition and the price of charters supposedly stays I think you may actually see more open teams. If you can run in the black without having to purchase a charter why would you? The ROI would have to be several years on it?

If that's the case my guess is nascar will "reallocate" the prize money to make it impossible again to make money without a charter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you can run in the black without having to purchase a charter why would you?
Until qualifying returns or the field expands, only four unchartered teams will be in the field. You can’t run in the back if you can’t start. New teams will need a charter to make the race.

If the new car actually lowers the cost of competition and the price of charters supposedly stays I think you may actually see more open teams. If you can run in the black without having to purchase a charter why would you? The ROI would have to be several years on it?

If that's the case my guess is nascar will "reallocate" the prize money to make it impossible again to make money without a charter

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It’s impossible now.

Also, calling it now, Matt D gets the second 23XI ride. Denny likes him, sponsored him that time back when he was still with GoFas. He's experienced, doesn't tear up equipment, and his salary is going to be many times lower than free agent Brad would be for instance.

I don't see Harrison Burton getting there by way of JGR connection because starting next year the chassis's are a common part from one supplier. The dependence on the major teams from their satellites is going to become somewhat reduced, and I don't think MJ will want to be JGR-lite. He has a huge ego and deep pockets, he doesn't need to fall in line for Coach Gibbs.
I could also see Matt DiBenedetto going to the #1 CGR car because of Monster.

I can't see Matt going anywhere but back to driving junk if he doesn't do better in the Woods car this year. Stranger things have happened though, but some decent finishes are badly needed at the present time.

Exactly. People keep penciling Matty D into all these rides causes he’s popular. But he’s done nothing to warrant it, yet. This is his last shot to prove he belongs in Cup in a fast car.

If it doesn’t work out at WBR, he might be better off dropping to Xfinity and trying to get some races with JRM or Gibbs.

Explain to me why this sub has a bone cone for Matt Dibenedetto and Daniel Hemric but wants Aric Almirola canned when he has wins in all 3
Series, has made the chase the last 3 years, and brings full sponsorship 🤨. Other two have proven to be nothing but mid packers at best. And even if they were better, they bring limited funding. Only Larson and Erik Jones got hired with no sponsor money, and they are much better talents

Besides an expansion of 23XI racing I don't see any competitive rides opening up for Brad next year. HMS seems pretty wells set, JGR has more drivers than seats, besides the 10 I don't see anything at SHR. Am I missing something?

Besides an expansion of 23XI racing I don't see any competitive rides opening up for Brad next year. HMS seems pretty wells set, JGR has more drivers than seats, besides the 10 I don't see anything at SHR. Am I missing something?
Yeah, you're missing that the #10 at SHR won't be open either, not as long as Smithfield is selling bacon.

Brad will sign with Penske or retire. He is not going to get a better ride anywhere else and even with a cut in pay I doubt he would make more for another team.
The only option I see is replace Kurt but even that is a downgrade in rides.

Bowman is the man and that was awesome. Hendrick looks legit this year, Larson and Chase still look like the thoroughbreds but whole team is performing

Bowman has earned an extension and some job security. Rock solid driver. Three straight years with a win and playoff birth. Plenty of impressive runs. No reason to break that team up.
4 years ago I was laughed at for saying Bowman could be the next Johnson. He is still nowhere near that caliber but kind of funny how he got the 48 and is doing better than Johnson did his final few years.

Back
Top Bottom