2022 Silly Season

Last season Byron was on the hot seat around here
Which I thought was blasphemy, the dude was only 20 years old I think last year? What I’m trying to say is he was and still is too young to give up on, it would have been a mistake to not least give him 1-2 more years. I was getting worried, but never wanted to pull the RF’s.com firing trigger. It’s funny to me for as much as we debate whatever topic on here, turns out these ladies and gents in big league racing know what they are doing

4 years ago I was laughed at for saying Bowman could be the next Johnson. He is still nowhere near that caliber but kind of funny how he got the 48 and is doing better than Johnson did his final few years.
The car is 48 now but that isn't Johnson's old team. All of Jimmie's old stuff/crew was rebranded as the 5 for Larson. The new 48 that Bowman is in is still his old team from last year, the old 88. Just the door number changed.

4 years ago I was laughed at for saying Bowman could be the next Johnson. He is still nowhere near that caliber but kind of funny how he got the 48 and is doing better than Johnson did his final few years.

What moron was saying that!?!? ;P

So, are we still retiring Brad after today or does he get another year?:XXROFL:
iu

:laugh:

As some of you know, Brad has been investing with new start up businesses
and it could be, because of a young family, he may want to spend time at home.
I don't think today's drivers are as dedicated to racing as they were in the past and the demands on drivers today is much greater than in the past.

As some of you know, Brad has been investing with new start up businesses
and it could be, because of a young family, he may want to spend time at home.
I don't think today's drivers are as dedicated to racing as they were in the past and the demands on drivers today is much greater than in the past.
Top tier drivers today also have less of a financial pressure to keep driving than those of 30 years ago. Carl Edwards had his fortune and could walk away (besides what other things influenced his decision).

Would really like to see one of the big names throw in a suprise retirement.

Well, RCR is improving and Kaulig operates out of their shop. This will probably be the "fourth" car of RCR next season.

I wonder of AJ would be interested in returning full-time or will a youngster like Grala or Haley be the option?

Well, RCR is improving and Kaulig operates out of their shop. This will probably be the "fourth" car of RCR next season.

I wonder of AJ would be interested in returning full-time or will a youngster like Grala or Haley be the option?
I think they bring in Haley. He was waiting to make a move to full-time until the next-gen car. He got offered the full-time ride at Spire this past offseason

I thought that was the plan Kaulig announced during the last off-season? I mean, geez, if I knew about it already, it must be common knowledge.
Things can change and Kaulig's got the right idea. Taking his time, gathering resources, etc. I just hope they keep at least one car in Xfinity.

I think this was missed yesterday. I’d be really excited to see Jr Motorsports in Cup, itd be good for Chevrolet and good for Hendrick Motorsports as I assume they’d be supplying engines to them. I’d like to see the 88 again too

I think this was missed yesterday
It would be cool but I think there's a lot of hurdles to clear. First they need to buy out Rick's ownership of JRM. Then they need to acquire a charter because nascar has made it pretty clear that they'll make sure you can't run at a profit without one.

Then we get to the driver/owner situation. I Justin would bring some sponsorship but I'm not sure he even wants to run cup at this point in his life. I think Noah would also be good but still is not mature enough to run cup yet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It would be cool but I think there's a lot of hurdles to clear. First they need to buy out Rick's ownership of JRM. Then they need to acquire a charter because nascar has made it pretty clear that they'll make sure you can't run at a profit without one.

Then we get to the driver/owner situation. I Justin would bring some sponsorship but I'm not sure he even wants to run cup at this point in his life. I think Noah would also be good but still is not mature enough to run cup yet

Hurdles? I think you’d have to expect that. Cup ownership isn’t easy if it was everyone would be doing it. If Jr Motorsports wants to step up, then everything you listed above will fall in place.

I think this was missed yesterday. I’d be really excited to see Jr Motorsports in Cup, itd be good for Chevrolet and good for Hendrick Motorsports as I assume they’d be supplying engines to them. I’d like to see the 88 again too

Use that Spire relationship to their advantage and maybe get a charter off of them for JRM later on.

I'm all for Jr coming along to Cup, Allgaier will probably get the nod if they decide to move up. I just hope one car for them as they are getting situated at the level. I just hope the Xfinity program will continue with no issue.

I’d be ecstatic to see Jr bring his team to Cup. What better time to follow in his father’s footsteps than with the Next Gen racecar.

There’s also not a doubt in my mind it would be successful. Everything Jr gets involved in seems to produce success. I’d imagine Chevrolet would be all over it. There likely wouldnt be a shortage of partners would love to have their name associated with an Earnhardt led Cup team.

Might get to witness what DEI should have been. I’d love to see Allgaier get the chance in Cup he never really got the first time around. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see Noah in that car if it comes to pass.

Between JRM and Matt Kaulig both teasing going Cup racing, that’s two quality cars and drivers to snatch charters from the Rick Ware ****mobile empire. Great for the health of the series.

I’d be ecstatic to see Jr bring his team to Cup. What better time to follow in his father’s footsteps than with the Next Gen racecar.

There’s also not a doubt in my mind it would be successful. Everything Jr gets involved in seems to produce success. I’d imagine Chevrolet would be all over it. There likely wouldnt be a shortage of partners would love to have their name associated with an Earnhardt led Cup team.

Might get to witness what DEI should have been. I’d love to see Allgaier get the chance in Cup he never really got the first time around. I also wouldn’t be shocked to see Noah in that car if it comes to pass.

Between JRM and Matt Kaulig both teasing going Cup racing, that’s two quality cars and drivers to snatch charters from the Rick Ware ****mobile empire. Great for the health of the series.
Exactly.

NASCAR would move heaven and earth to make sure Dale Jr. has what he needs to move a team to Cup.

There’s no way that NASCAR lets things like charters or their own rules regarding team ownership stop him. They’ll broker a charter deal (or expand the number of charters as a last resort) and fudge the ownership rules like they did with 23XI.

NASCAR would move heaven and earth to make sure Dale Jr. has what he needs to move a team to Cup.

There’s no way that NASCAR lets things like charters or their own rules regarding team ownership stop him. They’ll broker a charter deal (or expand the number of charters as a last resort) and fudge the ownership rules like they did with 23XI.
They did set a precedent with allowing the 5th JGR team to run under the 23XI "organization" with one of their current drivers as an owner

I’m sure Earnhardt and his sister could manage this transformation without requiring NASCAR and the RTA to “fudge” any rules.

All of it.
Well Denny is an owner and already a driver for another 4 car organization, which up until now wasnt allowed.

Its essentially a 5th JGR car as last I heard they're doing all fabrication, preparing the car and sharing all technical data.

What part did I get wrong?

Dale Earnhardt operated a 2 or 3 car race team while he drove one of the Childress team cars.

JGR invoices 23XI for every hour spent and for every flat washer that comes out of the bin. It’s a business to business relationship. When the new shop is up and running, the invoices will be smaller.

Several other race teams operate in the same mannner.

Back
Top Bottom