2022 Silly Season

Also sounds like Matt was believing his own hype and hadn't been looking for anything else

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't get the people who are thinking that if Matt D can with wins, or whatever earn a place at Penske? He was told what was going to happen from day one but instead he is whining about getting let go. He agreed to the terms starting out. Grow up. Penske knew what he had, but Menard who at the time was a big money man wanted Matt in the car, so Penske who was put between a rock and a hard place worked the best deal he could.

Penske also had a 2022 option on his contract that barred Matt from communicating to other teams about a 2022 ride.

Lotta ignorance about his situation between @StandOnIt and @Revman.

Rock and a hard place for Matt.

The latest Silly Season board looks like this of moves not officially announced:

Kez - Roush (assuming the 6)
Kurt Busch - Second 23XI car
Chastain - Second Trackhouse car
Newman - ???
Harvick - Retirement???
Almirola - ???

Saw Pockrass say the second Kaulig car could be a full-time car if someone brings a full season of sponsorship to the table. Wonder if Almirola could be in play for this?

I think Harvick had signed an extension last year right?

maybe through 2023???

then again I may have missed some news or a rumor in recent months on him, which is very possible…

The latest Silly Season board looks like this of moves not officially announced:

Kez - Roush (assuming the 6)
Kurt Busch - Second 23XI car
Chastain - Second Trackhouse car
Newman - ???
Harvick - Retirement???
Almirola - ???

Saw Pockrass say the second Kaulig car could be a full-time car if someone brings a full season of sponsorship to the table. Wonder if Almirola could be in play for this?
why are we retiring Harvick? I though hes good for another year or two on his contract

He has had one. How did that work out?
Pretty well. The move to dump him for Harrison Burton is head scratching to say the least. If you say Dibenedetto is even slight good you get **** on.

Pretty well. The move to dump him for Harrison Burton is head scratching to say the least. If you say Dibenedetto is even slight good you get **** on.
Theres a portion of the fan base that will argue that a driver like Almirola is having a better season than a driver like DiBenedetto all because of the single win that Aric has. Meanwhile, DiBenedetto has a 2 race advantage over Almirola in the driver point standings.

Theres a portion of the fan base that will argue that a driver like Almirola is having a better season than a driver like DiBenedetto all because of the single win that Aric has. Meanwhile, DiBenedetto has a 2 race advantage over Almirola in the driver point standings.
It's no secret that Ford has had a down year as well. DiBenedetto has been decent given the circumstances.

I hope he finds a good ride for next season.

Many of us here at R-F have been calling for Almirola's head on a platter for years. It's a pretty low scrape to be comparing someone as bad as Almirola to make Matt's record look good. He has two full years to prove himself in a decent car (he has known that and I think he got an extra year from Penske probably because of the pandemic, because the original deal was for one year) and he hasn't come close to Kez, Joey, or Blaney. Those are three he should be compared to.

It's no secret that Ford has had a down year as well. DiBenedetto has been decent given the circumstances.

I hope he finds a good ride for next season.
I’m sure he will, but the whole idea of “he’s been given every opportunity and failed” is incredibly short sighted. Some drivers are allowed to have muligan seasons and some drivers aren’t apparently. Two top 10s in a row and an P11 finish right when Matt says that the team is finally figuring themselves out, I’ll take his word for it based on the results.

The “competitive ride” is also arguably a stretch. Racing for a Penske affiliated team, not fully Penske, with a reputation for riding midpack and he’s had it more towards the front than the previous driver. When was the last time the #21 was top 10 competitive consistently?

I’m sure he will, but the whole idea of “he’s been given every opportunity and failed” is incredibly short sighted. Some drivers are allowed to have muligan seasons and some drivers aren’t apparently. Two top 10s in a row and an P11 finish right when Matt says that the team is finally figuring themselves out, I’ll take his word for it based on the results.

The “competitive ride” is also arguably a stretch. Racing for a Penske affiliated team, not fully Penske, with a reputation for riding midpack and he’s had it more towards the front than the previous driver. When was the last time the #21 was top 10 competitive consistently?
Comparing DeBenedetto to Menard now? Lol

I get that but it's just sad that such a legendary team has become Penske's development team.

Why? You would rather see them sell off their stuff for nickel's on the dollar? Lets face it, this team is only around because they are related to the ones who built it.
I am surprised it has lasted this long and I suspect it is only because of the Ford sponsorship and their history.

I think Stevie sums up my feelings well for The Burrito. The Truck Series could use a veteran driver

He's a long way from being the first or the last driver who has bombed out in a good car. Having said that, everybody and their little dog too in Xfinity have their eyes open for that ride.

Matt and mark are coming back to drive the 6 the remainder of the season

Brad/Roush/Fenway gonna buy all the available Charters and become a 4 car team overnight again as well as have 4 Xfinity cars. This live feed is fun "But why is Brad Keselowski joining us today??"

I agree, and I hope that he comes to understand that soon. His videos are getting painful. He has had three years of competitive equipment.
I'm with you here. I'm all for compassion, but his videos are getting tough to watch. I don't think he's helping himself at this point. I appreciate the candidness of expressing his frustration. On the other hand, I'm starting to find it almost unprofessional and I don't think it's helping him land a ride

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If I were Ryan Newman I'd strongly consider retirement at the end of the season unless I want to end up riding around in the back for Rick Ware, Starcom, or Spire for the rest of my career, being that I'm on the wrong side of 40 and there aren't any competitive mid pack rides open
I thought he was already doing that.

I'm with you here. I'm all for compassion, but his videos are getting tough to watch. I don't think he's helping himself at this point. I appreciate the candidness of expressing his frustration. On the other hand, I'm starting to find it almost unprofessional and I don't think it's helping him land a ride.
He knew this was coming, did he not?

Superceded by some sort of sense of entitlement? Who knows. Maybe try winning a race like the guy in the seat before you did.

How many tear jerking videos do you need? I think the fanfare has distracted him. He always has an out when he loses....make another video. It's old. If the pressure and heartache are too much, grocery stores are hiring. He works the passive....How can a nice hard working guy with a wife in tears not have a ride? thing.....Again, I hope he is the person he seems to be, but at some point....look in the mirror, acknowledge that you have not performed, and move on.
I don't know if this is fanfaring. I think he's just an emotional guy, and he's found this platform where he gets to express himself and get validation.

But the hype around him potentially winning someday, and landing a winning ride has worn off. The 21 WAS the ride. It didn't pan out, and they are moving on.

Beyond the fanfaring, he's become a perpetual victim. I don't think presenting himself that way is going to help him.

I feel for him, I do. But how many team owners do you think see this, and go "this ****** guy" ?

I don't know if this is fanfaring. I think he's just an emotional guy, and he's found this platform where he gets to express himself and get validation.

But the hype around him potentially winning someday, and landing a winning ride has worn off. The 21 WAS the ride. It didn't pan out, and they are moving on.

Beyond the fanfaring, he's become a perpetual victim. I don't think presenting himself that way is going to help him.

I feel for him, I do. But how many team owners do you think see this, and go "this ****** guy" ?

Found his platform? WTF. He came off looking like he needed to sign up to Dr Phil for long term care...Or what part of Penske did you not understand? :laugh:

man Jack was always old, He looks super old here.
Talk about someone who has constantly made bad choices for the last 20 years. I don't see that getting better and I think Kez just dug him a hole to get sheared in. Kez by himself won't be able to pull that pig out of the mud.

Back
Top Bottom