2023 High Limit Sprint Car Series

The water didn’t last long. Dust is flying.

Larson grabbed the lead on lap 6 or 7.

Fantastic show last night.
Larson dominated, but that didn't mean there wasn't any excitement.
Haud put on a show for the home town crowd. I am not sure his Dad "wild child" has anything on him. He was ripping it high, low middle and was on a checkers or wreckers mission.
Rico moved steadily up through the field and at one point you started to get the feel he might have something for Larson.
How about Brian Brown? Finishes 8th in his heat race, finishes 6th in the B main and doesn't transfer to the A. Takes a provisional and starts 25th and drives all the way up to 4th.

Sprint cars really have it going now. The level of competition is top notch and the excitement of the race in my opinion unparalleled. Then you throw in the opportunity for all fans to go into the pits and meet the drivers, crew and view the cars up close.

As for Larson, starting in 2020 it has been an incredible run. He is one of those guys who seemingly can do anything, in the same mold as some of the other greats like Opperman and Kinser.

I never got to see Opp, but watched Kinser win many times. Really thankful for the last few years that I have been able to watch Larson wheel it.

Sprint cars really have it going now. The level of competition is top notch and the excitement of the race in my opinion unparalleled. Then you throw in the opportunity for all fans to go into the pits and meet the drivers, crew and view the cars up close.
I don't have the history to say things like "this is the best era of the sport" but it is very hard for me to look at the dirt world right now and not think that week in and week out the best oval racing talent in America is there and not on pavement anymore. We're not imagining how the big guns would look stepping into sprint cars or late models week to week because we're seeing it consistently. Last night we were watching a Tuesday sprint car show at a fairgrounds in Eastern Ohio, and the 2023 Daytona 500 winner and the 2021 Winston Cup (or equivalent) champion were both on the entry list. Tonight is the usual weekly show at Millbridge and you'll likely see multiple Cup racers along with Xfinity and Truck guys all wind up finishing midpack behind someone like Buddy Kofoid. There's nothing like this anywhere else in the world - children, locals, freelancers/true outlaws, professional drivers, all getting the chance to compete heads up with a Kyle Busch or Kyle Larson.

...and as a side note, I assume because of short staffing Brad Sweet was at the entry gate scanning tickets...he scanned mine. These guys live and breathe sprint car racing and do whatever it takes to put on the show.
...since I threw out Brad's name I should also mention that Brad Doty, Jack Hewitt and of course Jac Haudenschild was also in the house.

New Track Record - # 24 Rico Abreu

11.9sumthinsumthin. I forgot. 😎

Rico wins heat # 1 wire to wire.

Weird one ... an “inadvertent” yellow on the last lap caused a very confusing restart.

Larson leads by example and finally someone takes a dice roll

Rico made the Main because of it and he’s leading with 14 to go. Larson second.

Larson takes it.

Good thing Abreu didn’t win …

the flagman wave the green flag with 3 laps to go.and driving in to the sun Abreu though it was the white,larson backed him up. they said most sprint car races only use the green to start.and on restarts, but never just wave it for no reason. so i think they did the right thing with larsons help and will learn from it. brad was not happy with larson for getting involved. they are doing a great job with this series. larson got pushed into the dice draw and got a extra 8 grand.

I didn't listen to the podcast, not that interested. It's Kyle's series, he makes the rules, he thought Rico got screwed and he fixed it.

I'll be at Eagle on Tuesday.

The Rico situation was unfortunate. I don't think anyone involved thought they were doing anything other than the right thing, but the appearance of Larson officiating while driving can't happen. It's supposed to be a real series, not some novelty / vanity show nonsense. Brad Sweet was upset enough about it to criticize his friend and partner Larson on the mic. I think his wisdom prevailed, and we won't be seeing anything like that again. Ultimately Kyle knows better.

I'll be at Eagle on Tuesday.

The Rico situation was unfortunate. I don't think anyone involved thought they were doing anything other than the right thing, but the appearance of Larson officiating while driving can't happen. It's supposed to be a real series, not some novelty / vanity show nonsense. Brad Sweet was upset enough about it to criticize his friend and partner Larson on the mic. I think his wisdom prevailed, and we won't be seeing anything like that again. Ultimately Kyle knows better.
Thinking about going. It's 4 hour drive one way. Weather would need to be perfect to consider it. Sitting home and watching on Flo is appealing also. Kevin Swindells Instagram clip is spot on..

Back
Top Bottom