2024 NASCAR Schedules

I guess years previous when they had The World of Outlaws at Bristol they forgot and it was a new idea to have a Nascar race there.

I mean, WoO at Bristol is great, I went there last year and I had a blast. Loved watching the Late Models and Sprint Car battled it out on the high banked dirt.

They could probably make it work, but I just see a fiasco with scheduling.

Forget the summer race, what about January? And I'm sure someone's gonna roll off the cutesy little "it's the Jags they don't play football in January" crap, but they literally just hosted a home playoff game this past season.

27-0.
This was a painful comment. I’m a Chargers fan

I misunderstanding you. Are you saying Easter Sunday is scheduled to fit TV purposes?
So I was told at 11 AM service this year.

I mean they put the race on Easter weekend regardless of which weekend it fell on. They swapped weekends with Martinsville this year from last to do so.

Jenson spent a bit too much time around F1. NASCAR wouldn’t look at all out of place in front of a crowd of BTCC or DTM fans, for instance. Europe isn’t a monolith of single seater/open wheel fans.
Hell I've seen a banger race it be downright tame

Hell I've seen a banger race it be downright tame

I still cannot fathom how banger races are real. I've watched hours of footage on Youtube... I just can't process it.

For those unaware, it's a demolition derby on a short track in 4cy/8cy cars. You literally shove people into the walls and other disabled cars. Some of the hits I've seen I just can't comprehend how that's safe/legal/fun.

I still cannot fathom how banger races are real. I've watched hours of footage on Youtube... I just can't process it.

For those unaware, it's a demolition derby on a short track in 4cy/8cy cars. You literally shove people into the walls and other disabled cars. Some of the hits I've seen I just can't comprehend how that's safe/legal/fun.
If you can't picture it its somehow even crazier than it sounds

If you can't picture it its somehow even crazier than it sounds

As someone who has spent their entire life trying to KEEP vehicles operating, destroying them on purpose has never registered with me. Not interested.

We also have crash derbies like this but on much slower tracks. That's some crazy **** right there. Regular participants are gonna be brain dead when they're older.
From the video it doesn't even look like they have roll cages.

As someone who has spent their entire life trying to KEEP vehicles operating, destroying them on purpose has never registered with me. Not interested.
Most of these cars (at least the ones they "race" here) are old ones you're no longer allowed to drive on the street anyway but it still hurts just watching that stuff.
Even if I had an old car that doesn't pass inspection anymore there's no way I could do this to my car.

Jenson spent a bit too much time around F1. NASCAR wouldn’t look at all out of place in front of a crowd of BTCC or DTM fans, for instance. Europe isn’t a monolith of single seater/open wheel fans.
Eh still they have penalties that just don’t exist in NASCAR. You can’t speed on pit road and can’t right hook a guy on a straight away. Other than that, pretty much everything is fair game.

I think Spielberg and Monza would put on an awesome show

Im confused what’s the plan with Chicagoland Speedway. They are hosting SuperMotocross.

It is a better racetrack than a temporary street circuit that can be done in a city without a track nearby.

Im confused what’s the plan with Chicagoland Speedway. They are hosting SuperMotocross.

It is a better racetrack than a temporary street circuit that can be done in a city without a track nearby.
As far as NASCAR goes, there have been no announcements regarding any of the top three series returning to Chicagoland.

Don't hold your breath.

As far as NASCAR goes, there have been no announcements regarding any of the top three series returning to Chicagoland.

Don't hold your breath.

It just seems silly (in a good way) that they’re running Supercross there, idk lol

Don't hold your breath.
After todays response, I think Chicagoland Speedway is done for the foreseeable future if not forever. Sad face.

NASCAR gave a statement to this article written this week

“With 20 years of history racing at Chicagoland Speedway, NASCAR continues to explore opportunities to continue to drive economic impact at the Chicagoland Speedway property through its investments – both on and off the track,” NASCAR said in a statement. “We genuinely appreciate the support and enthusiasm of our fans in the Chicagoland region. While we currently do not have details on a timeline or specific series, we do plan to bring NASCAR racing back to Chicagoland Speedway at some point in the future.”

Could just be blowing smoke up our ass to keep people happy but who knows. Maybe a few years of street racing can drive interest in the Chicagoland area to get people to drive to Joliet, then take the street race to another big metro area, rinse/repeat.

NASCAR gave a statement to this article written this week

Could just be blowing smoke up our ass to keep people happy but who knows. Maybe a few years of street racing can drive interest in the Chicagoland area to get people to drive to Joliet, then take the street race to another big metro area, rinse/repeat.

I was thinking about that yesterday.

I still think a NASCAR Thunder Exhibition on the Colorado mountain ice & maybe The Clash @ Daytona Beach (or somewhere close) would be really cool, but I imagine the Gen7 isn’t that capable.

I would love to see the LA Coliseum become a regular season race, it would have some Bristol flavor.

Still, I think those would be really cool one time a season events like the Dirt race, stadium race, street course race.

Different types of surfaces seems to keep things interesting.

NASCAR Cup Series becoming the early to mid 90’s CART Fed Ex Series before my very eyes.

I picked NYC, Denver & Salt Lake City.

I think Seattle & Washington DC & Mexico City would also be decent.

I mean I've had this idea in my head for a one off for 2026 for the US 250th birthday. Freedom 250 Street race in Philadelphia.

I'd prefer to NOT see a race in the MIddle East. No point in joining the PGA in support of sportswashing.
Can you imagine the nightmare it would be getting all the crews, cars and equipment there? We are told how hard a time they have getting to the west coast and now we want to race in the mid east?

I really have no desire to see this type of racing in the Middle East or even overseas for that matter. 1-2 Street Courses a year here on this continent, even in this country is more than fine. Let's not lose sight of what made NASCAR, NASCAR. Beatin an Bangin on ovals across the country. If there's a way to do an exhibition maybe overseas, great lets do it. But I dont have any desire to see a street course Cup Points race contested over there, this isnt mid 90's CART. I probably am missing the boat on this thinking but I thought the whole reason for this new car was to keep costs down for the owners? I think street racing in Europe and wherever else might be lucrative at first maybe but then I'd bet you get the to point of diminishing returns by keep going over there. But what do I know..... I was one of the one's that hated the idea of racing in Chicago and I was incredibly, terribly wrong.

Can you imagine the nightmare it would be getting all the crews, cars and equipment there? We are told how hard a time they have getting to the west coast and now we want to race in the mid east?
NASCAR ran in Japan three consecutive years. F1 doesn't seem to have any trouble doing it regularly. Of all the reasons not to go somewhere in 2024, logistics isn't going to be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom