2024 NASCAR Schedules

I’d really like to see this Fairgrounds renovation happen, but this thing is being dragged out to the nth degree. It’s absurd how many obstacles they’re having to overcome with this bunch.

I’d really like to see this Fairgrounds renovation happen, but this thing is being dragged out to the nth degree. It’s absurd how many obstacles they’re having to overcome with this bunch.

alot of headaches. maybe financially it will be worth it in the end, Marcus has endless patience it seems.

Fortunately, we have Nashville Superspeedway.

I know it's not the same, but it's better than the nothing we could end up with for such an important market.

Looks like a solid short track to me if the Fairgrounds deal falls through, which honestly, it probably will.

Although I'd rather keep Nashville Superspeedway.

I wouldn’t mind replacing the Superspeedway with this for a year as an experiment. Street short tracks could be something that NASCAR pioneers.

Maybe if North Wilkesboro ends up as a points race, we can move the All Star race to different street short tracks every year.

I wouldn’t mind replacing the Superspeedway with this for a year as an experiment. Street short tracks could be something that NASCAR pioneers.

Maybe if North Wilkesboro ends up as a points race, we can move the All Star race to different street short tracks every year.

I don't want to see NASCAR get carried away with street races. Honestly, I'd rather see a couple of these horse racing tracks in big cities get bought up and converted into NASCAR tracks. (Personally, I think horse racing should be banned in the United States anyway.)

Imagine NASCAR having a true racetrack in New York City or right outside Washington, DC.

I don't want to see NASCAR get carried away with street races. Honestly, I'd rather see a couple of these horse racing tracks in big cities get bought up and converted into NASCAR tracks. (Personally, I think horse racing should be banned in the United States anyway.)

Imagine NASCAR having a true racetrack in New York City or right outside Washington, DC.

Honestly I don't see the point of a track in NYC. Nobody around here cares about NASCAR. Maybe it would get a good turnout the first year or two but once the novelty wears off the track would not have any attendance. Local sports coverage has absolutely 0 coverage of nascar around here. The Daytona 500 results dont even make it onto any local newspapers or broadcast news channels.

Honestly I don't see the point of a track in NYC. Nobody around here cares about NASCAR. Maybe it would get a good turnout the first year or two but once the novelty wears off the track would not have any attendance. Local sports coverage has absolutely 0 coverage of nascar around here. The Daytona 500 results dont even make it onto any local newspapers or broadcast news channels.

Same thing was said about Los Angeles.

There's no way a NASCAR race in New York City wouldn't draw 50,000+ people every single year.

There's no way a NASCAR race in New York City wouldn't draw 50,000+ people every single year.

And the first year in the LA coliseum was a sell out while there were empty seats this year. Kinda agrees with my point. I would disagree with a NYC race drawing 50000 people after 3 years. I live here. There is absolutely 0% interest in NASCAR in the greater NYC area.

And the first year in the LA coliseum was a sell out while there were empty seats this year. Kinda agrees with my point. I would disagree with a NYC race drawing 50000 people after 3 years. I live here. There is absolutely 0% interest in NASCAR in the greater NYC area.

Over 50,000 people attended this year's Clash at the Coliseum.

There are a couple of problems with the perception of that race: The tickets advertise the main event as the start time, not the heat races; and Fox Sports is hellbent on showing the empty section (where tickets aren't sold b/c it's for media, spotters, etc.) every single lap.

Over 50,000 people attended this year's Clash at the Coliseum.

There are a couple of problems with the perception of that race: The tickets advertise the main event as the start time, not the heat races; and Fox Sports is hellbent on showing the empty section (where tickets aren't sold b/c it's for media, spotters, etc.) every single lap.

Doesn't change the fact the nobody living in or around NYC could give two sh*ts about NASCAR. Not one of my friends, family or coworkers could name one person that will be driving on Sunday. Not one bar you go to on Sunday will have the race broadcast playing.

Doesn't change the fact the nobody living in or around NYC could give two sh*ts about NASCAR. Not one of my friends, family or coworkers could name one person that will be driving on Sunday. Not one bar you go to on Sunday will have the race broadcast playing.

There are 10 million people in NYC. You ever consider that you don’t know all of them?

What do you think @Reck?

Good luck with that. When they wanted to build a track on Staten Island there was no local support behind it. Property values are much too high around here and a race track will never bring in enough money for a developer who could get much more money building housing. But I've only lived here for 45 years so I don't know what I'm talking about.

A large portion of people at the LA and Chicago event were first time attendees. The same would happen in NYC. But hey, let’s not try to go grow the sport.

If people check out the race out of curiosity and become fans, that’s a huge win for NASCAR.

A race in NYC would benefit NASCAR long and short term. Building a permanent facility - especially anything over a half mile in length and/or wouldn't be able to be home to weekly racing - is an entirely different kettle of fish.

It's like I said before, the only viable spot to have a race in NYC would be through and around Central Park. Of course, they'd have to relocate a lot of the homeless, dope dealers, public urinators. Instead of a Xfinity race, they should have cabbie races. Those dudes are crazy!

A large portion of people at the LA and Chicago event were first time attendees. The same would happen in NYC. But hey, let’s not try to go grow the sport.

If people check out the race out of curiosity and become fans, that’s a huge win for NASCAR.
I'm still waiting on documented numbers of how many of those LA attendees have become regular fans. I'm not expecting you to produce them, I don't even know if they can be measured, and I'm not expecting even an attempt to measure Chicago conversions after only one race.

But yeah, LA Coliseum or whoever needs to get those tickets fixed. Once was a mistake; printing that way twice almost makes me think someone up the food chain wants the wrong time on them.

I lived an hour outside NYC til 2021. It could absolutely support a big NASCAR race. New England is a hotbed for racing. Pennsylvania and New York are huge for dirt, Connecticut is big on modifieds, and Lime Rock Park is a world-class road course. It's a head scratcher to me why Loudon and Pocono are built in the rural areas they are. A track in Connecticut or Massachusetts would do amazing and draw a huge population base.

I lived an hour outside NYC til 2021. It could absolutely support a big NASCAR race. New England is a hotbed for racing. Pennsylvania and New York are huge for dirt, Connecticut is big on modifieds, and Lime Rock Park is a world-class road course. It's a head scratcher to me why Loudon and Pocono are built in the rural areas they are. A track in Connecticut or Massachusetts would do amazing and draw a huge population base.

I agree that northern Connecticut or Massachusetts would be a great place to build a track. It ain't happening in the NYC area nor should it. Catskills area would work great too.

I used to see a lot of New York plates at Loudon too.

I'm still waiting on documented numbers of how many of those LA attendees have become regular fans. I'm not expecting you to produce them, I don't even know if they can be measured, and I'm not expecting even an attempt to measure Chicago conversions after only one race.

But yeah, LA Coliseum or whoever needs to get those tickets fixed. Once was a mistake; printing that way twice almost makes me think someone up the food chain wants the wrong time on them.

It was allegedly 70% for the inaugural LA race - https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-wes...reaks-ground-on-track-at-la-memorial-coliseum

It was also allegedly 80% for Chicago - https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.c...d-Attractions/nascar-chicago-street-race.aspx

If these numbers are true, it kind of debunks the "no one likes NASCAR here" argument for New York City.

IMSA is leaving Lime Rock Park. Nascar would be great in Connecticut. Watkins Glen camping is already sold out, the same thing could happen at Lime Rock and it is about the same distance from N.Y.
I’d love to see a nascar Cup race at Lime Rock. Bad ass

I’d hope they give LRP a Truck or Xfinity race as a make good next year. Doubt you’ll ever see a Cup race, no real facilities or anything and you can’t race on Sundays.

Yeah, but if 35,000 show up for the concert, does it REALLY count? I guess it does if your primary ambition is to sell tickets, not put on the best auto racing competition you possibly can.

I hate this, it won't be better going to the road course there was the best idea the track ever had.
Definitely possible. But this also seems like one of the tracks the next gen car has a lot of potential to excel at. They’ve never tried it in these cars.
The royal is always a nice alternative but definitely worth giving it a shot. Especially with the history there. I’m fine either way but don’t mind seeing how it races there once at least.

Definitely possible. But this also seems like one of the tracks the next gen car has a lot of potential to excel at. They’ve never tried it in these cars.
The royal is always a nice alternative but definitely worth giving it a shot. Especially with the history there. I’m fine either way but don’t mind seeing how it races there once at least.
What you said. I’m curious to see how this car will race on the oval as it’s raced well on similar tracks like Pocono and New Hampshire.

Back
Top Bottom