'21 Generation 7 Car news

I was shocked at what Rev said. I thought he was a race fan in general.

lol I am pretty sure he has very blatantly said otherwise... I mean you have to have a real hardcore Toyota fetish to watch the F1 races when they were "in" that series.

1640643244600.png

Didn't you follow NASCAR before Toyota came in? I thought you said you were an Earnhardt fan? Maybe I'm mistaken.
I appreciate you mentioning this....Senior was that big to me. Keeping it in the perspective that I am a manufacturer first fan....he was my favorite driver of all time.

I'm gonna modify this question a bit. Let's say in 2024 Toyota announces that they're leaving NASCAR to join IndyCar instead. Do you follow them to the new series? What about something less mainstream like Formula E? Do you follow them in WEC too?
Great question. I go where Toyota goes. Period....While the Formula 1 years were brutal, I always woke up with hope for a miracle that never came. I enjoyed chasing what was never to be. I am a big Toyota rally fan (driver's and manufacturer's champions this year), and I enjoy Toyota in WEC as well. I am very hopeful that Toyota goes back to IndyCar, but I am doubtful that that will ever happen. They get more from NASCAR in regard to what they are looking for in North America than IndyCar can give them....unless they get hungry for the 500 again.

I'm shocked to hear you say this. So much more to racing then pulling for one driver or one manufacturer. Growing up Bobby Allison was my hero, when he got hurt I thought I would lose interest because I pulled for him with every fiber of my being but in the end I continued to be a fan and then ultimately ended up in the sport. It was very liberating just watching the race and seeing the whole picture and not just focusing on 1 individual. I could never have been a manufacturers fan, Bobby drove 9 different makes of cars lol.
I respect your perspective. I sometimes wonder if I would even call myself a "race fan." A fan of the machinery? Yes. The tech? Yes. The engineering? Yes. The drivers? Yes. The teams? Yes. The manufacturers? Yes. A race for the sake of a race? No. That's why I challenge assessments of "great racing." What does that even mean? In my world, you fire them up, you have a great race....even if a guy wins by 15 seconds.

I respect your perspective. I sometimes wonder if I would even call myself a "race fan." A fan of the machinery? Yes. The tech? Yes. The engineering? Yes. The drivers? Yes. The teams? Yes. The manufacturers? Yes. A race for the sake of a race? No. That's why I challenge assessments of "great racing." What does that even mean? In my world, you fire them up, you have a great race....even if a guy wins by 15 seconds.

While we have our differences of opinions I love your passion for our sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sincerely appreciate this. Thank you.
Hey Revman…you may have mentioned this before, but what exactly started your love for Toyota in general, perhaps even before they were involved in racing? BTW, my very first car was a 1974 Corolla (in 1976). For no particular reason haven’t owned a Toyota since.

Hey Revman…you may have mentioned this before, but what exactly started your love for Toyota in general, perhaps even before they were involved in racing? BTW, my very first car was a 1974 Corolla (in 1976). For no particular reason haven’t owned a Toyota since.
Thank you so much for asking. Honestly, it all started when I bought my first car...a 1990 Toyota Tercel EZ....base of the base, but I earned the money for it with my first real job. I was so damn proud of that thing. Anyway, I have always been the type to dive in big time in terms of loyalty and passion, and I needed a place to express that passion, and that is where racing came into play. IMSA back in the day, then IndyCar and F1, and then on to NASCAR and wherever Toyota goes next. I have never owned anything else much less been in any other showroom. My dealership treats me like family. Again, I very much appreciate you asking.

What if someday you drove a Mustang and liked it?
It would never happen. I wouldn't drive it. I flew into Phoenix a few years ago for the semi. Due to work commitments, I got in about 1 a.m. I was prepared to go from one rental company to the next in order to secure a Toyota product....and that is exactly what I did. Nice Sequoia from National.

It would never happen. I wouldn't drive it. I flew into Phoenix a few years ago for the semi. Due to work commitments, I got in about 1 a.m. I was prepared to go from one rental company to the next in order to secure a Toyota product....and that is exactly what I did. Nice Sequoia from National.
Are you employed by Toyota? Otherwise I don't understand that level of loyalty.

I'm a GM guy but I also average about 180 days of vehicle rentals a year so I've driven pretty much everything. To blindly assume that everything else is inferior without actually using it yourself seems very strange to me. I hate to break it to you but manufacturers push each other, otherwise we'd all still be driving model T's.....or whatever Toyota's first vehicle was

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Are you employed by Toyota? Otherwise I don't understand that level of loyalty.

I'm a GM guy but I also average about 180 days of vehicle rentals a year so I've driven pretty much everything. To blindly assume that everything else is inferior without actually using it yourself seems very strange to me. I hate to break it to you but manufacturers push each other, otherwise we'd all still be driving model T's.....or whatever Toyota's first vehicle was

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

No, I am not employed by Toyota. I appreciate that you don't understand my loyalty. I am not sure you need to, but I am willing to try to explain further if you would like.

Did I say that everything else was inferior? I am aware that manufacturers push each other. So cool to watch it play out on the track, don't you think?

I don't mean this mean-spiritedly, I honestly don't. But what do you feel you get from that level or loyalty? Variety is the spice of life man and Toyota is not giving you any kickback for your effort of going out of your way like that

I don't mean this mean-spiritedly, I honestly don't. But what do you feel you get from that level or loyalty? Variety is the spice of life man and Toyota is not giving you any kickback for your effort of going out of your way like that
It's harmless. He's not spending anyone else's money. No foul.

Been any mention in the press of how many GEN 7 complete cars are ready to race? Better be at least 120. They gonna tear up 15-20 in the goat-roping show in the stadium, then another 20-30 @ Daytona. Gonna be short for the second race if everyone has to have a back-up.. Since nobody will attempt to repair them at the track.

See...back on track!

I know, and I freaking hate that! I do not think that the optics are good here. On the other hand, were you aware that Kyle is building a Toyota FJ long wheel base on a Lexus GX frame, drivetrain, etc.? Now, that is pretty cool, and tremendous optics. BTW.....Toyota gave Kyle the frame, etc.
That honestly sounds really sick, I hope they post a bunch of photos when it's done

I know because you literally told us a few posts ago that you aren't employed by them. Not stiring a debate, just saying.
I guess this is about the meaning of "kick back." .....but if you are referencing a monetary bonus of some sort for an employee, then, no, I do not receive kick backs as I am not an employee.

I guess this is about the meaning of "kick back." .....but if you are referencing a monetary bonus of some sort for an employee, then, no, I do not receive kick backs as I am not an employee.
What kind of kickbacks are you getting then? Buying a product and having it work as intended isn't a kickback.

I know, and I freaking hate that! I do not think that the optics are good here.
Kyle started with Hendrick, a Chevy team. I don't expect drivers to replace all their possessions when they change teams, or when the teams switch manufacturers. As long as the grocery-getter has the 'correct' logo, I don't think the manufacturers care what's in the personal collection.

And besides, did Toyota even make anything with tail fins?

This is the most recent piece I have seen. Cool build. I found out about it during a Toyota Driver Zoom before the Playoffs in '20.

eh that is nothing, a bunch of lightweights...go get one out in the bush. Personaly I wouldn't drag either of them 5 feet myself, but it's Ed's, and he is in his late 80's. Plus size clown car

Last edited:
Kyle started with Hendrick, a Chevy team. I don't expect drivers to replace all their possessions when they change teams, or when the teams switch manufacturers. As long as the grocery-getter has the 'correct' logo, I don't think the manufacturers care what's in the personal collection.

Technically Kyle started with Ford & Roush Racing.

He bought the Chevy in 2015 at auction

Back
Top Bottom