'21 Generation 7 Car news

Did you ever talk about the Camaro II as an "advantage," or just "leveling the playing field?" Chevy couldn't help but be better with what they had screwed up....but then the COVID/devlopment freeze was bull****. I get that NASCAR was in a pickle nobody could have seen coming, but what bothers me is the narrative. Even Jim Campbell recognized it, and I was honestly impressed that he did so. Class act for a guy who wouldn't touch Larson until he was winning.
you conveniently continue to forget that ALL of the other teams signed off on the car. Just like they did this year with the next Gen and they did in the past when the yota's had three different front ends in 4 years. But don't get over it, let it fester and grow lol. Go yoters break your tie with the Hudson's.

Did you ever talk about the Camaro II as an "advantage," or just "leveling the playing field?" Chevy couldn't help but be better with what they had screwed up....but then the COVID/devlopment freeze was bull****. I get that NASCAR was in a pickle nobody could have seen coming, but what bothers me is the narrative. Even Jim Campbell recognized it, and I was honestly impressed that he did so. Class act for a guy who wouldn't touch Larson until he was winning.
I don't know dude, I can't remember my precise phrasing from posts in past months here because frankly it doesn't ****** matter that much.

As to the rest of your comment, like your totally unnecessary shot at Jim Campbell, I don't recall David Wilson offering a seat for Larson at the TRD table either. But you know what? It doesn't matter anyway, because Toyota, Chevy, and Ford all have their driver lineups that they all seem to be satisfied with anyway.

The constant, day in, day out tribalism about Toyota gets really tiring. Why does my opinion that teams will carefully inspect the spec parts to find small gains have to circle back to, "TOYOTA WAS THE VICTIM! **** CHEVY!"

The constant, day in, day out tribalism about Toyota gets really tiring. Why does my opinion that teams will carefully inspect the spec parts to find small gains have to circle back to, "TOYOTA WAS THE VICTIM! **** CHEVY!"

Eh, you don’t see too many Toyota loyalists, cut him some slack haha.

I don't know dude, I can't remember my precise phrasing from posts in past months here because frankly it doesn't ****** matter that much.

As to the rest of your comment, like your totally unnecessary shot at Jim Campbell, I don't recall David Wilson offering a seat for Larson at the TRD table either. But you know what? It doesn't matter anyway, because Toyota, Chevy, and Ford all have their driver lineups that they all seem to be satisfied with anyway.

Tribalism.....Good one....that works both ways.

Probably unfair on the Campbell thing....he is a good dude, and did the right thing to distance himself--What choice did he have? Hendrick was going to do whatever he wanted to do--he is Chevy. Campbell aligned with Larson when it appeared that Kyle was sincere. The bandwagon is pretty big. Kyle was available for cheap, and TRD didn't bite. I am proud of that....particularly in light of the BS narrative that Toyota buys their way into everything. Keep in mind that losing Kyle will burn in TRD forever, but not even that was enough to touch him when he could have been had for literally nothing.

Ford was the victim too last year--maybe more so than Toyota. All gone now....maybe.

You know what you can do if my posts are tiring. Do better with consistency of the the narrative.....but to your point, in theory, there shouldn't be the BS gift that was handed to Chevy last year....but who knows, shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Eh, you don’t see too many Toyota loyalists, cut him some slack haha.
...and this is the problem more than anything else. Don't need slack, but thanks.

you conveniently continue to forget that ALL of the other teams signed off on the car. Just like they did this year with the next Gen and they did in the past when the yota's had three different front ends in 4 years. But don't get over it, let it fester and grow lol. Go yoters break your tie with the Hudson's.
You conveniently forget that this was supposed to be a one year thing. 2020 wasn't the issue. 2021 was.....an extra year of development plus everybody else frozen in their tracks with cars developed for a different package. I'll work with @cheesepuffs new narrative...your anti-Toyota tribalism is tiring. You know the sport better than your babble suggests. I love the anti-Toyota stuff, but when it stands in the way of fact....well, the tribalism thing--love that word--gonna use it a lot moving forward I think.

You conveniently forget that this was supposed to be a one year thing. 2020 wasn't the issue. 2021 was.....an extra year of development plus everybody else frozen in their tracks with cars developed for a different package. I'll work with @cheesepuffs new narrative...your anti-Toyota tribalism is tiring. You know the sport better than your babble suggests. I love the anti-Toyota stuff, but when it stands in the way of fact....well, the tribalism thing--love that word--gonna use it a lot moving forward I think.
It was simple. Chevy's wind tunnel numbers were down compared to the others, whatever you want to point the finger at you are free to do so. But that was and is the fact. With Chevrolet being a major player in the series along with everybody else and for the sake of PARITY and for fair and equal competition, changes were made. The other teams signed off on the changes after seeing the numbers and that's that. It's all over but your crying lol.

It was simple. Chevy's wind tunnel numbers were down compared to the others, whatever you want to point the finger at you are free to do so. But that was and is the fact. With Chevrolet being a major player in the series along with everybody else and for the sake of PARITY and for fair and equal competition, changes were made. The other teams signed off on the changes after seeing the numbers and that's that. It's all over but your crying lol.
Thank you for the consistency of your narrative even if it omits critical facts that led to a categorically unfair advantage for Chevy in 2021....which kind of screws up the parity thing you continuously rant about. So, my take away is that if Chevy has an advantage, then that is the parity sought. Got it. This really is simple, but in a different way than you suggest.

I will add this....there is no point in manufacturers building a car if when they completely **** it up, they can start over even when the industry is trying to save its ass through cost savings. I find it rich that Toyota is continuously criticized for spending when Chevy built a whole new ****** car for one year...that turned into two for well documented reasons. While everybody else was saving, Chevy was spending and spending big. The Next Gen should take care of some of this, but NASCAR did take the testing cars back to R&D for a reason....

Chevy being a major player in the series is probably the most relevant comment here...and I completely agree. They have a good deal with NASCAR. Per the Adam Stern advertising investment data I posted, they spend the least, but certainly get the most the last couple of years. Good on them. Great ROI.

Tribalism.....Good one....that works both ways.

Probably unfair on the Campbell thing....he is a good dude, and did the right thing to distance himself--What choice did he have? Hendrick was going to do whatever he wanted to do--he is Chevy. Campbell aligned with Larson when it appeared that Kyle was sincere. The bandwagon is pretty big. Kyle was available for cheap, and TRD didn't bite. I am proud of that....particularly in light of the BS narrative that Toyota buys their way into everything. Keep in mind that losing Kyle will burn in TRD forever, but not even that was enough to touch him when he could have been had for literally nothing.

Ford was the victim too last year--maybe more so than Toyota. All gone now....maybe.

You know what you can do if my posts are tiring. Do better with consistency of the the narrative.....but to your point, in theory, there shouldn't be the BS gift that was handed to Chevy last year....but who knows, shouldn't have happened in the first place.
What tribalism do I display? I literally own a Toyota too dude. I just dont worship them because, it's just a corporation. I am not part of any manufacturer's tribe at all.

What tribalism do I display? I literally own a Toyota too dude. I just dont worship them because, it's just a corporation. I am not part of any manufacturer's tribe at all.
You think it's time to let this go? I appreciate your contributions to this place. I am passionate about MY manufacturer. I love this sport. MY manufacturer in this sport fuels my passion...irritates some, entertains others, and is respected by a few....If it pisses you off that is not my intent. I am happy to exchange, but not to the point of tip toeing down the path of conflict.

You think it's time to let this go? I appreciate your contributions to this place. I am passionate about MY manufacturer. I love this sport. MY manufacturer in this sport fuels my passion...irritates some, entertains others, and is respected by a few....If it pisses you off that is not my intent. I am happy to exchange, but not to the point of tip toeing down the path of conflict.
Dude be serious, I can't quit laughing.

I'm not mad dude, this is a NASCAR forum and a NASCAR forum only. I do however think it's funny that you're the one pointing the finger at me, telling me I'm the one that should let it go already, and that I'm the one that's tip toeing down the path of conflict, when you're the one that brought the Camaro body up out of nowhere and tried to stir **** up about a dead-horse topic that you've now been dragging out on this forum for months. And then you're telling me to let it go.

Was listening to the skinner roundup this am and Mike said he talked to a couple crew chiefs down in daytona they claimed there's still a good amount of things that can be manipulated on the car for a performance advantage. I found it funny that the first one he brought up was the body.

I'm sure it's a matter of time before someone goes too far

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Was listening to the skinner roundup this am and Mike said he talked to a couple crew chiefs down in daytona they claimed there's still a good amount of things that can be manipulated on the car for a performance advantage. I found it funny that the first one he brought up was the body.

I'm sure it's a matter of time before someone goes too far

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Don't be ridiculous man, NASCAR said there will be no manipulation of the body, they said!

I'm not mad dude, this is a NASCAR forum and a NASCAR forum only. I do however think it's funny that you're the one pointing the finger at me, telling me I'm the one that should let it go already, and that I'm the one that's tip toeing down the path of conflict, when you're the one that brought the Camaro body up out of nowhere and tried to stir **** up about a dead-horse topic that you've now been dragging out on this forum for months. And then you're telling me to let it go.
Pushrods?

Pushrods?
Little known fact in Costa Mesa, NASCAR actually granted Chevy special permission to implement PULLRODS last year, in conjuction with their pushrods, to increase rocker speeds and make up for the complete and utter lack of brainpower used when the Chevy R07 was first designed by those dip****s in Michigan. Word in California is the original Chevy block blueprint was actually drawn in crayon, too.

Whatever man. A) I asked you if you thought we should let it go, B) Didn't place blame on you ....down the path of conflict. Narcissistic much? I am done here. Carry on if you wish.

Little known fact in Costa Mesa, NASCAR actually granted Chevy special permission to implement PULLRODS last year, in conjuction with their pushrods, to increase rocker speeds and make up for the complete and utter lack of brainpower used when the Chevy R07 was first designed by those dip****s in Michigan. Word in California is the original Chevy block blueprint was actually drawn in crayon, too.
Yawn.

Wow!

Attachments

• J-Law.jpg
    J-Law.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 54
Whatever man. A) I asked you if you thought we should let it go, B) Didn't place blame on you ....down the path of conflict. Narcissistic much? I am done here. Carry on if you wish.
You will be back and soon whining about the Chevy's ;)

@Revman proving once again he's the king of irony. It's hard to take him seriously when half the stuff he says is hypocritical nonsense.

And lots of talk about narratives. Rev's is pretty clear...."Toyota good, Chevy bad" with a bunch of biased BS for supporting "facts"....That pretty much sums it up.

I respect the passion, but clearly some things never change.

@Revman proving once again he's the king of irony. It's hard to take him seriously when half the stuff he says is hypocritical nonsense.

And lots of talk about narratives. Rev's is pretty clear...."Toyota good, Chevy bad" with a bunch of biased BS for supporting "facts"....That pretty much sums it up.

I respect the passion, but clearly some things never change.
Are Toyota pushrods shorter?

Back
Top Bottom