'21 Generation 7 Car news

Used to be some good conversations and information on here. Most posts these days are just insults to other posters.
It's because you can't even share information here without people stupidly calling bull**** on literally everything, even hard/known facts, just because they aren't aware of them so they instantly shoot it down arrogantly. The general attitude of many people here is not conducive to having a conversation, which makes me wonder why they even bother trying to participate in a discussion forum.

It's because you can't even share information here without people stupidly calling bull**** on literally everything, even hard/known facts, just because they aren't aware of them so they instantly shoot it down arrogantly. The general attitude of many people here is not conducive to having a conversation, which makes me wonder why they even bother trying to participate in a discussion forum.

Welcome to the internet.

Huge test next week at Phoenix. Can't think of a more important test....

Was listening to Mike Shiplett yesterday and he said nascar is allowing teams to use some of the I guess first generation (prior to redesign) next gen parts for the clash to at least get some use out of the inventory. He also said that SHR didn't go to Daytona so they could build inventory for the upcoming Phoenix test being that nascar had locked in the rules package, for now at least.

Was listening to Mike Shiplett yesterday and he said nascar is allowing teams to use some of the I guess first generation (prior to redesign) next gen parts for the clash to at least get some use out of the inventory. He also said that SHR didn't go to Daytona so they could build inventory for the upcoming Phoenix test being that nascar had locked in the rules package, for now at least.
Weird....I mean Daytona is Daytona....You'd think that would be a priority with the new car. I doubt anybody will run during practice--other than single car stuff...but he must be thinking that they can get what they need then. Interesting move.

Weird....I mean Daytona is Daytona....You'd think that would be a priority with the new car. I doubt anybody will run during practice--other than single car stuff...but he must be thinking that they can get what they need then. Interesting move.
What's really to gain from Daytona testing anymore? They used to be able to dial downforce in or out of the bodies substantially and especially before Daytona was repaved they used to get particular about the bodies to influence handling and then also how the cars sucked up in the draft. Now what do you learn on track there? Can't even run different tape configurations

@Revman proving once again he's the king of irony. It's hard to take him seriously when half the stuff he says is hypocritical nonsense.

And lots of talk about narratives. Rev's is pretty clear...."Toyota good, Chevy bad" with a bunch of biased BS for supporting "facts"....That pretty much sums it up.

I respect the passion, but clearly some things never change.
He’s not wrong though.

NASCAR didn’t go out of its way to give Chevy an advantage, they just allowed Chevy to build a new chassis when they were at a disadvantage and then instituted a freeze which gave Chevy an unfair advantage.

It wasn’t NASCAR’s intent for Chevy to have such an insurmountable advantage, it’s more or less how everything played out. But Chevy did have an advantage and other manufacturers weren’t allowed to close that gap in R&D or at the shop. That’s the problem I have. Up until a few years ago, NASCAR was actually doing really well about not intervening in manufacturer politics.

He’s not wrong though.

NASCAR didn’t go out of its way to give Chevy an advantage, they just allowed Chevy to build a new chassis when they were at a disadvantage and then instituted a freeze which gave Chevy an unfair advantage.

It wasn’t NASCAR’s intent for Chevy to have such an insurmountable advantage, it’s more or less how everything played out. But Chevy did have an advantage and other manufacturers weren’t allowed to close that gap in R&D or at the shop. That’s the problem I have. Up until a few years ago, NASCAR was actually doing really well about not intervening in manufacturer politics.
B.S. They have been whining about one car or another having an advantage since day one.

B.S. They have been whining about one car or another having an advantage since day one.
In recent years, NASCAR has stayed out of it. And then Chevy brought a rolling turd to the track.

My only issue is that other manufacturers weren’t allowed the opportunity to catch up to the Chevys this past year. Whether they would have focused on it or continued focusing big picture, who knows.

But I don’t think NASCAR’s intent was to make sure the Chevys were faster. Just to close the gap some and they ended up creating a wider gap instead.

Up until a few years ago, NASCAR was actually doing really well about not intervening in manufacturer politics.
Uhhhhh what? They were adding and taking away spoiler height from different manufacturers almost week to week sometimes in the 90s. Then look at how the 2003 Chevy had shelves ahead of the headlight decals vs the 2002 car with none, even though the street car didn't change at all. Look at the 2006 vs 2007 Charger nose when that street car didn't change either. NASCAR has always allowed manufacturers to catch up for the sake of parity, that goes back several decades.

But I don’t think NASCAR’s intent was to make sure the Chevys were faster. Just to close the gap some and they ended up creating a wider gap instead.

Or the bodies became equal and then HMS may have also hit something in the chassis department at the same time. We can't say without knowing the full car that it was solely the body alterations that did it for them last year.

Uhhhhh what? They were adding and taking away spoiler height from different manufacturers almost week to week sometimes in the 90s. Then look at how the 2003 Chevy had shelves ahead of the headlight decals vs the 2002 car with none, even though the street car didn't change at all. Look at the 2006 vs 2007 Charger nose when that street car didn't change either. NASCAR has always allowed manufacturers to catch up for the sake of parity, that goes back several decades.
I’m not talking about the 90s and 2000s and I know the ****** history.

For the past decade, up until the end of the Gen6 era, NASCAR was staying out of it. Which is clearly what I meant as anyone with a ****** ******* brain knows the history of manufacturer politics.

I’m not talking about the 90s and 2000s and I know the ****** history.

For the past decade, up until the end of the Gen6 era, NASCAR was staying out of it. Which is clearly what I meant as anyone with a ****** ******* brain knows the history of manufacturer politics.
Yeah because that was the COT common template era.

Take your attitude back to the podium dude, nobody here has time for that.

Or the bodies became equal and then HMS may have also hit something in the chassis department at the same time. We can't say without knowing the full car that it was solely the body alterations that did it for them last year.
The Ganassi cars picked up a ton of speed too.

And again, under your scenario, HMS hit on something in the chassis department DURING AN R&D FREEZE. Other teams were literally not allowed, in NASCAR’s sandbox, to catch up.

This is the source of frustration here.

Nascar's process is to take the cars into the wind tunnel and run the numbers on them. Chevy was found to have the worst numbers of the bunch. They redid the car and all of the other manufacturers agreed to the numbers. In the meantime they hamstringed the Fords.

Chevy comes with a new car for 2020: Camaro ZL1 1LE​

NASCAR collects cars from each manufacture to conduct wind tunnel tests at random points of the season. This allows NASCAR to get a read on the drag and downforce levels. They want to make sure all three manufactures are close to each other thus creating a fair racing series.

In this case, Chevy was way behind on the numbers. So, NASCAR allowed them to adjust the Camaro that previously made it’s debut in 2018.

“That and the NEW ENGINE BLOCK that they approved for the year. That engine block is a lot lighter. It helps on days like today (at Bristol).”

Imagine if the NFL approved a trade that sent Aaron Rodgers to the Patriots, and then implemented a free agency and trading freeze and told other teams you have to play the full season with what you’ve got.

Imagine if the NFL approved a trade that sent Aaron Rodgers to the Patriots, and then implemented a free agency and trading freeze and told other teams you have to play the full season with what you’ve got.
If you find yourself so at odds with the sanctioning body then why do you continue to watch?

Nascar's process is to take the cars into the wind tunnel and run the numbers on them. Chevy was found to have the worst numbers of the bunch. They redid the car and all of the other manufacturers agreed to the numbers. In the meantime they hamstringed the Fords.

Chevy comes with a new car for 2020: Camaro ZL1 1LE​

NASCAR collects cars from each manufacture to conduct wind tunnel tests at random points of the season. This allows NASCAR to get a read on the drag and downforce levels. They want to make sure all three manufactures are close to each other thus creating a fair racing series.

In this case, Chevy was way behind on the numbers. So, NASCAR allowed them to adjust the Camaro that previously made it’s debut in 2018.

“That and the NEW ENGINE BLOCK that they approved for the year. That engine block is a lot lighter. It helps on days like today (at Bristol).”
And when it became clear that Chevy had an on track advantage, the other manufacturers literally weren’t allowed to do anything to catch up so they had to throw their hands up and just let Hendrick dominate.

If one team is kicking ass all season, the others need to do their homework. Except here, they couldn’t. You got what you got. For a full season.

Nobody is even criticizing NASCAR, you just have this asinine reflex to defend NASCAR no matter what when I’m just saying the timing of the freeze was what led to @Revman’s source of frustration. I’m actually defending NASCAR.

If you find yourself so at odds with the sanctioning body then why do you continue to watch?
I’m not even criticizing NASCAR, learn reading comprehension. I’m saying that @Revman is correct, but I’m also defending NASCAR.
Also this is a poor analogy because every team gets a trade deadline just like every manufacturer has transparency on the opposing cars windtunnel numbers.
But if the trade deadline took place before the start of the season and pretty much went into effect the day of a blockbuster trade that would have a huge snowball effect, it would draw some ire.

I’m not even criticizing NASCAR, learn reading comprehension. I’m saying that @Revman is correct, but I’m also defending NASCAR.

But if the trade deadline took place before the start of the season and pretty much went into effect the day of a blockbuster trade that would have a huge snowball effect, it would draw some ire.
What part about Toyota and Ford saw and signed off on the new Chevy body don't you understand?

And when it became clear that Chevy had an on track advantage, the other manufacturers literally weren’t allowed to do anything to catch up so they had to throw their hands up and just let Hendrick dominate.

If one team is kicking ass all season, the others need to do their homework. Except here, they couldn’t. You got what you got. For a full season.

Nobody is even criticizing NASCAR, you just have this asinine reflex to defend NASCAR no matter what when I’m just saying the timing of the freeze was what led to @Revman’s source of frustration. I’m actually defending NASCAR.
Well it's simple, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. If you would spend more time on research you wouldn't sound like such an uninformed fan. Rev and now you whine and moan and use "the parts freeze" excuse whenever he has a chance. But neither you or he knows what the part freeze is. Here, bone up BTW every team had to abide by those rules. What both you and he don't realize is that HIS TOYOTAS wouldn't be the only manufacturer spending 50-60 thousand a week developing parts.

First of all, after there was not previously a limit, there will now be an allowable maximum of 12 certified chassis designated as “active” at any given team for each car number. A chassis can only be decertified or retired only after it has been used in three or it sustained damage from a crash that is deemed irreparable. There will now be an allowable maximum of 10 unique chassis designs for each organization.

Secondly, after there was not previously a limit, organizations will now be limited to 150 hours per year of wind tunnel testing. The four wind tunnel facilities of Aerodyn Wind Tunnel in Mooresville, North Carolina, Auto Research Center in Indianapolis, Indiana, Penske Technology Group Wind Tunnel in Mooresville, North Carolina and Windshear Wind Tunnel in Concord, North Carolina are the only locations where such testing can occur.

Furthermore, the requirements of running three full long-block seals and 13 short-block seals throughout the season have changed. Each team will now be required to compete in a minimum of eight events using each.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom